Author Topic: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits  (Read 330557 times)

Offline slickric21

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
When I start from the .mpls the custom chapters are present yes.

Also the 00098.mpls is linked to the 00098.ssif file which appears below it.

Basically everything appears to be fine, but the .iso created is just too small.

Here is what i see after adding 00098.mpls (eg the main movie as indicated by Bdinfo)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/08md.png/

Everything is ok, just the iso output is very small.

The only problem im having with is the iso output is not working properly when using a .mpls as the source.
If the source is .ssif, or even an mkv (after making main movie backup with makemkv) then the iso out is fine.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
So you  untick  everything but the first 3 tracks?

Offline slickric21

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »
Yes i do. But that is irrelevant here tbh.

Thanks for trying to help, but i don't think I will get anywhere with this here.

I have registered on Doom9 so in 5 days i can ask in the tsMuxer thread.

My workaround at the moment is either
1) rip to MVC MKV first with makemkv, then create an iso with txMuxer.
or
2) load the main SSIF file and add chapters manually, then make the iso.

Offline slaytanic

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
I just have a liitle question...is it possible to "shrink" these 3D MKV files with Handrake and they still work as a 3D Version?  Just want to know, because these files are really big.....

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
SSIF recompression is not something I have heard of.    

Shrinking leads to loss of quality. You might as well rip  to Anamorphic SBS if you want to  shrink  them and lose quality.

Offline slaytanic

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
If i rip it to sbs i los resolution, and that's viewable.. if i shrink a bluray rip from 30Gb to 10Gb with the prog Handrake, there its not really a different view, even with my Projector with about 120'' beacuse the resolution stays the same and they have a amazing encoding machine..

Offline B3NJY

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
  • "if it aint broke dont fix it"
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
Thanks. What confused me is the multiple naming schemes used in this comment:

2. Added additional naming support for auto 3D play for 3D Top and Bottom / Side by Side 
    3D SBS and TB in File Name - Name file xxxxxxxx.SBS.mkv or xxxxx.TB.mkv - X3D will auto open as 3D
    Added  'file.name.3DTAB.mkv'  'file.name.3DSBS.mkv'

Mentions using  xxxxx.TB.mkv and also using 'file.name.3DTAB.mkv' so I wasn't sure which one was correct (TB or TAB) and whether "3D" needed to be included..

Can someone clear this up please....if you convert a full 3d iso to mkv how do you rename it for auto play ?
Toshiba 3d regza
Technomate hd 5402
Yamaha Amp
Mede8ter 1000x3d.........SORTED

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you through experience...

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-0
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:14 PM »
Can someone clear this up please....if you convert a full 3d iso to mkv how do you rename it for auto play ?

I use MakeMKV and put .3DTAB at the end of file name ( Super.duper.movie.3DTAB.mkv ).
That triggers proper 3D auto switching.
MED1000X3D -> DENON AVR 1611B -> SAMSUNG Plasma TV PS64F8500

Offline B3NJY

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
  • "if it aint broke dont fix it"
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »
I use MakeMKV and put .3DTAB at the end of file name ( Super.duper.movie.3DTAB.mkv ).
That triggers proper 3D auto switching.

Thank you kindly Bytec will try that thanks for helping.. :)
Toshiba 3d regza
Technomate hd 5402
Yamaha Amp
Mede8ter 1000x3d.........SORTED

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you through experience...

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »
I noticed something today.  I just made my first 2 3D BD mkv's yesterday.  The first one, The Lorax, was ripped using AnyDVD-HD and then put through MakeMKV.  The second one, Tangled, I let MakeMKV process the whole thing.  When I went back to play the files today, I noticed that Tangled is showing a split second of "blockiness" in the picture during every scene transition, but The Lorax plays just fine.

I don't know if this means that AnyDVD-HD is doing a better job of ripping 3D-BDs than MakeMKV, or not.  Both films are 24fps, so I don't think this is a frame rate issue.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm using firmware version 1.05 on a MED1000X3D.  NSF share with tcp/udp set to Auto and 32k.  1080P 24fps is ON, and Auto Frame Rate is Off.

UPDATE:  This issue is probably not MakeMKV's fault.  I tried playing Tangled 3D as an ISO (without using MakeMKV of course), and the problem was still there.  So it seems the problem must lie with my MED1000X3D or with my network.  Also, it seems the split-second blockiness during scene transitions is only visible in the right eye.  This may be the same was what mattmarsden was reporting earlier in this thread.

Just tried to make a 3D MKV rip for Tangled 3D and noticed the same block artifacts on scene cuts or fades.
I made multiple versions and all of them have the same problem:
- 3D Blu-ray Disc -> MakeMKV (1.8.9) -> MKV MVC 3D;
- BluFab (9.1.3.5) Full disc -> MakeMKV (1.8.9) -> MKV MVC 3D;
- BluFab (9.1.3.5) Full disc folder.

So two different tools give the same result. It looks to me that there is something wrong in Mede8er 3D MVC playback.
Did anybody managed to solve this problem?

P.S.
My Samsung hardware Blu-ray player is playing this 3D movie without any problems.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
There are some BD's that  are on the limit of Bd encoding. Real BD players got a firmware upgrade because as real BD players they could be expected to come across these extreme  files. How can  code not expected to be used with "any" bd sourced  media justify such an  upgrade without realtek  admitting they are supporting illegal  ripping?   The code the media players can use  is only meant  to play camcorder files and camcorders get no where  near those limits. It's amazing the code   does as much  as it does.  

Tangled 3d is the supreme example of such media.  Only a real BD player can legally justify an upgrade to play it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:48:07 PM by jer1956 »

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 05:13:23 AM »
There are some BD's that  are on the limit of Bd encoding. Real BD players got a firmware upgrade because as real BD players they could be expected to come across these extreme  files. How can  code not expected to be used with "any" bd sourced  media justify such an  upgrade without realtek  admitting they are supporting illegal  ripping?   The code the media players can use  is only meant  to play camcorder files and camcorders get no where  near those limits. It's amazing the code   does as much  as it does.  

Tangled 3d is the supreme example of such media.  Only a real BD player can legally justify an upgrade to play it.

I'm not asking for Full BD playback and I practically don't use BD Lite. I was well aware of that when purchasing MED1000X3D player.

I'm interested in MKV files with MVC 3D video (Mede8er specs include that) and that could originate from various sources not necessarily from BD.

"... upgrade without Realtek  admitting they are supporting illegal  ripping..." sounds like BS :)
Realtek only needs to play 3D MVC MKV files and that has nothing to do with acquisition of those files.
What about 2D MKV files? Or do you say MKV files are illegal per se?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:54:45 AM by Bytec »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
I'm not asking for Full BD playback and I practically don't use BD Lite. I was well aware of that when purchasing MED1000X3D player.

I'm interested in MKV files with MVC 3D video (Mede8er specs include that) and that could originate from various sources not necessarily from BD.

"... upgrade without Realtek  admitting they are supporting illegal  ripping..." sounds like BS :)
Realtek only needs to play 3D MVC MKV files and that has nothing to do with acquisition of those files.
What about 2D MKV files? Or do you say MKV files are illegal per se?

That's OK then.....stop using bd rips and you won't have a problem.  Realtek can't fix something none of us should be doing, even difficult 2d be rips if any exist.

The player chip is   bd player chip with bolt on package support for mkv.  

Bd lite no longer exists.  Since cinavia you  have BD code (with ciniavia) and AVCHD 2.0 code (without cinavia)

Why on earth would Sony go to the extremes of implementing cinavia to prevent you making clones to recordable BD, and then offer you perfect playback  via hard drive rips?

This whole thread is about the fact BD branching is not supported, so  using AVCHD 2.0 is not just about having poor menu support, its limited in all kinds of ways.  Media companies could be aware of those limits...and deliberately encode using them even if not required. Hence BD's with hundreds of uneeded branch points.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM by jer1956 »

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »
That's OK then.....stop using bd rips and you won't have a problem.  Realtek can't fix something none of us should be doing, even difficult 2d be rips if any exist.

The player chip is   bd player chip with bolt on package support for mkv.

"...Realtek can't fix something none of us should be doing..." What do you mean exactly?
It is not Realteks concern where the content comes from.
Copyright and DRM is entirely different subject and it varies from country to country - many have fair use laws...

According to Mede8er web page features demo it doesn't look like Mede8er is used for home made videos only. :)
http://youtu.be/dqZP5dII_yE

3D is one of the main features of MED1000X3D and that is what I'm asking for.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »
You are getting that within the limits of the AVCHD 2.0 code that media players can use. There is no code designed for media players....Sony licence all BD code though BD.org and would come down  like a ton of bricks on anyone making cinavia free code play media  better than AVCHD 2.0 camcorders need...just to make bd rips play  better.  So  that means no  fixes for branching, no fix for BD encodes which push beyond the needs of AVCHD 2.0 camcorders. REaltek  don't want to lose their licenced code for bd players just to keep the smaller media plyer market completely happy. Their AVCHD 2.0 code is there on a take it or leave it basis. It is fit for it's licenced purpose...if others (OEMS) chose to use it beyond that  then that is up  to  them.

So  what  you have is a system running the AVCHD 2.0 code, with a bolt on package handler. MKV doesn't bypass AVCHD 2.0 and it's limits...the package is opended and the contents sent to it.  

You have to  deal  with the reality of the code building blocks that  can  be used. Advertising is another matter....people don't want to  know about such things. 

Nowhere does it say "every" this  or that  will play. Indeed the  word "almost" is prominent in the advertising.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:42:17 AM by jer1956 »