Author Topic: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits  (Read 331015 times)

Offline dxer

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
Hi to all

I have problems with True HD/DTS-HD/DTSMA audio on my med1000x3d using latest firmware. As amplifier I use LG HX966TZ Home cinema which supports all this stated above. I am talking about Blu-ray movies.
However, whenever on movie I select DTSMA 6ch , my 'amp' is showing PCM 2.0 which is not 5.1 .

So as a result of this problem I was advised to use Make MKV and so I did. I processed two films and unfortunatelly with false results.

After I processed Avatar Blu-ray into MKV with this software MakeMKV , Mede8er under audios showed two same audios:
English DTS 6ch
English DTS 6ch
but it was obvious that one is showing only stereo for me and the other one is 5.1 but I don't know if this is DTSMA as it is only showing DTS 6ch. And I know that when selecting MakeMKV I did select DTS-HD Lossless English and DTS3/2.1 English.

Then I did similar with one another movie (Jurrasic Park 1) and again after processing Mede8er is NOT showing DTSMA anymore. It is showing:
English DTS 8ch (which on my audio receiver result as PCM 2.0)
English DTS 6ch (resulting as DTS 3/2.1)

So from my results using this software is either having problem with DTSMA or Mede8er is not capable of reading this after processing with this software.

Any idea what is wrong here ?

Offline vikc

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 06:26:38 AM »
I have tried all sorts of renaming .. but still the player does not automatically switch to 3D mode.
But when I turn on 3D simulation, I do get identical 3D playback,  just like the source iso.

Is there anything more that I can try ? Or should I just be happy turning on 3D Simulation for every movie that I have ripped to 3d.mvc?
Mede8er model: MED1000X3D
Internal hard disk: 1TB Maxtor
External Hard Disk: 4Tb Seagate; 2 TB Seagate; 2TB Hitachi; USB
Mede8er networked: Yes/ CAT 5
Networked devices :  PC Win7 64bit streaming to Mede8er
Display device type : 3D 1080P LCD Projector/ 3D LED TV
Display device make and model: Panasonic 8000/ Samsung 3D LED TV
Audio connection type: HDMI to Yamaha AVR
Audio output device:

Offline crowfax

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
Hello!

I'm getting a MED600X3D for Christmas as I had heard they had good support for 3d files from MakeMKV from their forums. However I'm somewhat confused as to what naming system I should implement for my files.  How do I know which code to put at the end to turn on 3d automatically? TB? SBS? Does it make a difference?

Offline Gnoll3

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
I have also tried all sorts of renaming .. but still the player does not automatically switch to 3D mode.
I've been using makemkv for a while so I know I've followed the correct procedure, media info also tells me its correct.
I'm trying to play it on my Projector EpsonTW9100, no matter what setting on the projector I use (SBS/TB) it doesn't display correctly. If I use the mede8er menu to switch to 3D, a get a green screen and the box freezes, I have to unplug it from the mains and restart?
Is there anything more that I can try ???
I'm up to date with firmware too.

Great improvement on my WDLive, would be the icing on the cake to get 3D working

Offline vikc

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 05:09:32 AM »
I have also tried all sorts of renaming .. but still the player does not automatically switch to 3D mode.

If I use the mede8er menu to switch to 3D, a get a green screen and the box freezes, I have to unplug it from the mains and restart?

Is there anything more that I can try ???
I'm up to date with firmware too.

Great improvement on my WDLive, would be the icing on the cake to get 3D working

Why don't you try to reinstall the latest firmware again. It might be helpful.

When I choose 3D Simulation, I get no such issues. So maybe a firmware reinstall is needed.

There is something seriously wrong with the 3d MVC thing. Some people can play it...while others can't. It is the same player...same chipset...and we all use the same software to rip it too.
Lets hope this issue too gets sorted out with time.
Mede8er model: MED1000X3D
Internal hard disk: 1TB Maxtor
External Hard Disk: 4Tb Seagate; 2 TB Seagate; 2TB Hitachi; USB
Mede8er networked: Yes/ CAT 5
Networked devices :  PC Win7 64bit streaming to Mede8er
Display device type : 3D 1080P LCD Projector/ 3D LED TV
Display device make and model: Panasonic 8000/ Samsung 3D LED TV
Audio connection type: HDMI to Yamaha AVR
Audio output device:

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 12:07:08 PM »
Subtitle Issues

Two issues have been identified with MKV subtitles.
1) The 3d plane used is screen depth...not the plane set in the subtitles. That is normally plane 0, i.e. "front".
2) Subtitles can disappear on pause, or alternate subtitles vanish.

Tsmuxer has now caught up with MakeMKV. V2 handles 3D, and will also remove branching, but in BD form. It is also lossless repackaging. The x3d BD player processes subtitles correctly.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR

Any problems should be posted here:-
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=b78c7e2e394dfc954fcac131da93253b&t=168539

Those who have not yet started to use MakeMKV and need subtitles should seriously consider this  route instead.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:44:47 PM by jer1956 »

Offline slickric21

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »
Does anybody know what im doing wrong here.

I am trying to use tsMuxer GI 2.6.11 to convert my 3DBDISO  to get rid of the seamless branching problem.

I am using BDinfo to find the correct playlist for the main movie, loading this in tsMuxer, selecting what i want to keep Eg Main Movie and DTS-HD audio, chosing .Blu ray iso as the output.

However every disk i've tried tsMuxer just creates an iso that is about 2gb i size and takes like 5 seconds to complete.

any ideas ???

I have found that if i use MakeMKv first to convert to MVC MKV, then load this in tsMuxer and make a Blu ray iso that it works fine everytime. But of course this is a long winded process !!!!

note: id rather keep my 3D films in .iso format

Offline DarkCinema

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »
Just tried a Full "Ripped" 3D Bluray ISO and it was working fine. No idea what the problem is.
Media Players: XBMC HTPC, MED600X3D
Audio: Pioneer VSX-2021K
Video: Acer H9500BD
Speakers: Infinity Beta

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
Does anybody know what im doing wrong here.

I am trying to use tsMuxer GI 2.6.11 to convert my 3DBDISO  to get rid of the seamless branching problem.

I am using BDinfo to find the correct playlist for the main movie, loading this in tsMuxer, selecting what i want to keep Eg Main Movie and DTS-HD audio, chosing .Blu ray iso as the output.

However every disk i've tried tsMuxer just creates an iso that is about 2gb i size and takes like 5 seconds to complete.

any ideas ???

I have found that if i use MakeMKv first to convert to MVC MKV, then load this in tsMuxer and make a Blu ray iso that it works fine everytime. But of course this is a long winded process !!!!

note: id rather keep my 3D films in .iso format

BDinfo may have found you the 2d version.  THe best thing to  do is check the SSIF folder and find the largest 3d file, then use that playlist number.

Offline slickric21

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure its finding the correct playlist and its not just a 2d version, as the small iso's it is creating (2-2.5gb) contain an SSIF file in BDMV\STREAM\SSIF folder and a couple of .m2ts files in \BDMV\STREAM.

Its just they all small.

As I said though ripping with makemkv first and then using tsMuxer results in a correctly sized 3D iso.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2014, 09:20:27 AM »
The ssif file should be around 35GB.

Offline slickric21

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »
I've noticed that if i just add the main SSIF file straight to tsMuxer then it will output an iso of the correct size.
But then of course I loose chapter information etc etc

If I add the mpls file into tsMuxer for the same film, my output iso is only 2.05gb.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:45:41 AM by slickric21 »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
I just mounted a 3d bd iso and checked the folders. The largest ssif file was number 800....at 42 GB.   I ran TSmuxer  and wen to  the playlist folder, and opened playlist 800.

I am now looking at  it's screen..and it says I have a 2 hr 22min  MVC stream, a H.264 stream, a DTS-Hd strean, and AC-3 stream and 3 pgs streams.  So  that looks right to me.

I will  test if I get the same your way..picking the ssif itself.

It does.  So  your way is simpler.  I'm still on 2.6.4 (b). 

Offline slickric21

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »
I just mounted a 3d bd iso and checked the folders. The largest ssif file was number 800....at 42 GB.   I ran TSmuxer  and wen to  the playlist folder, and opened playlist 800.

I am now looking at  it's screen..and it says I have a 2 hr 22min  MVC stream, a H.264 stream, a DTS-Hd strean, and AC-3 stream and 3 pgs streams.  So  that looks right to me.

If i select the.mpls file tsMuxer always shows the correct information - length, video stream, audio stream etc etc, its just when trying to create a new iso it creates a very small one.

For example i have just scanned Man of Steel BD folder  with BDinfo.
It tells me that 00098.MPLS is the Main Movie.
I add this to tsMuxer 2.6.11 and it shows me all the correct information (2:23:02.614 length), MVC stream,H.264 stream, DTS-HD stream etc etc.
I tick what streams I want to keep (MVC,H.264,DTS-HD,PGS eng)
Select Blu-ray iso as output.
Click start muxing.....

And the output is a useless 2.05gb iso.

If I do the same, but add the 00098.SSIF initially, then the output is correct at 33.2gb.
However I have lost the chapter info (and i dont know what else) by doing this method.

Tried with same results on Avatar and Planes iso's.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
I have chapters with the ones I made using the 2.6.4 beta. I will try the version now shown as the latest.  (Tested.That version works just as well)

When you select bluray.iso as the output format, what have you set for chapters on the main bluray tab, custom list, or No chapters?

There is no Custom List if you don't start form the pls.

With the one I'm testing...in the top left of TSmuxer it says 800 mpls is linked to  the large 800 SSIF.  Are you saying that isn't true with yours?  If you chose the mpls that has the number of the large SSIF, it acutally links to  something much  smaller?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:45:34 PM by jer1956 »