Author Topic: Feedback for - V4.0.2 - 6April2016 - Beta -X3D Series - MED1000X3D/MED800X3  (Read 67648 times)

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Please post your feedback here

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Ronaldk

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-1
Checked the upgraded trailer functionality and can report that all is working well. Thank you for the updates.
Mede8ers: MED600x3D, MED450X2, MED500X
Amplifier: Pioneer SC-LX57
TVs: LG 55LA6210, Samsung UA40EH5300, Sony 46"
Network devices: Netgear gigabit switches, WD MyBookLive, Windows 8.1 PC with drive bender for file serving via Samba.

Offline ZzBloopzZ

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Still having problems with trailers. When I do "Add Trailers" it will stop 1/3rd way through out of 1125 movies. I then tried adding the genres as favorites instead of entire movie folder and do "Add Trailer" in batches but strange thing is then it would stop near the very beginning. Perhaps certain movies is making it crash? I would say about half of my collection has trailers now, so at least it is better then nothing.

Things I have Tried:

1. Disabling screensaver
2. Tried various times of the day including this morning.
3. Verified I have full admin rights to the shared movies folder

I updated to this firmware via emergency method as always. However, this time around I did a save and restore of the config since I upgraded from V4.0.2_16March2016 firmware. Could that be the issue?

Also, I am on full gigabit Ethernet for everything.

Offline gbonny

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Just installed 4.0.2-6april over 3.0.6 on my MED600X3D using emergency installation. The GUI seems to work a bit faster/more responsive. Did a save and restore config and a couple of modifications afterwards. Subtitles download works better now for tv series. Just crashed once on Shoutcast; started twice a link because the first time it didn't start. YouTube works. Add Trailers works and playing trailers as well. Good build! Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:45:36 PM by gbonny »

Offline gbonny

Feature request
With Movies you have a watched indicator which you can set/unset manually. With TV Series there is an watched indicator, however you cannot set/unset it manually per episode / single season / all seasons.

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Feature request
With Movies you have a watched indicator which you can set/unset manually. With TV Series there is an watched indicator, however you cannot set/unset it manually per episode / single season / all seasons.

For TV Series you can 'Unmark as Watched' per Episode - Press 'Edit' button on Remote

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline gbonny

For TV Series you can 'Unmark as Watched' per Episode - Press 'Edit' button on Remote
Thanks, I just discovered that in Jukebox+ you can use [menu] for marking/unmarking Movies. While browsing files you can use the [edit] for marking/unmarking Movies / TV Series.

Btw Shoutcast seems to be unstable. You can add favorites but can't play a station. I've tried a few.

Offline ZzBloopzZ

Am I the only one where trailers are still not showing up for all movies? They are popular blockbuster type movies too.

It crashes when scanning it seems at 2/3rd way through when using the add trailer function.

Offline gbonny

Am I the only one where trailers are still not showing up for all movies? They are popular blockbuster type movies too.

It crashes when scanning it seems at 2/3rd way through when using the add trailer function.
I was able to scan 600+ movies at once; without a problem.

Offline sminton9

I have noticed the crashing while scanning bug.

On two separate occasions now I have added two or three films to the hard drive and scanned the favorites folder. It would crash half way through the scan, I need to unplug the mede8er at the mains and then when I try and scan again it fails to get the correct information.

The only way to fix is to plug the hard drive back into the computer and delete the scanned stuff and scan folder again.

Offline Froebel

• B8a Tester - X2
When using my Med as DMR with Synology Diskstation as DMS and DS Audio as DMC, I noticed that cover art is displayed up-side down on TV and correct in DS Audio.

Not seen this earlier...
MED500X2 V3.0.5
 - HDD 1TB Samsung HD103SI
 - HDMI to JVC LT-32X70SU LCD (HDMI2)
 - COAX to BOSE 3.2.1 GS II
 - Wired Network, Devolo dLAN 500Mbps AVPlus,
 - Internet Access, tp-link tl-wr1043nd (running Open-WRT), Ubee Docsis 3 Cable modem
 - Audio, Photo and TV-Series on Synology DS-209+II (running DSM 4.2, all volumes NFS mounted) Movies on 2TB eSATA,. TV Series on 3TB USB

Offline Ronaldk

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-1
I have similar problem than what Froebel describes. My cover art is also upside down (or in a few instances a mirror image) and never the correct way during DMR playback. I use BubbleUPNP app with android 5.1.1 tablet.
Mede8ers: MED600x3D, MED450X2, MED500X
Amplifier: Pioneer SC-LX57
TVs: LG 55LA6210, Samsung UA40EH5300, Sony 46"
Network devices: Netgear gigabit switches, WD MyBookLive, Windows 8.1 PC with drive bender for file serving via Samba.

Offline m3dmer3er3r_4

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-9
I have noticed the crashing while scanning bug.

On two separate occasions now I have added two or three films to the hard drive and scanned the favorites folder. It would crash half way through the scan, I need to unplug the mede8er at the mains and then when I try and scan again it fails to get the correct information.

The only way to fix is to plug the hard drive back into the computer and delete the scanned stuff and scan folder again.

your movies are an internal hard disk?
this is an old and known problem,
(can be found in topic) I think that is problem memory problem or something like this.

I use earlier also internal hdd and I tried to parse over 2000 movie collection data in jukebox but  this was not successful ever.Scanning got stuck and forced to shutdown always removed the db file.I must managed to jukebox just by adding a few film at a time, and a new scan...

it is wise to take a backup db file sometimes.. would be easier in the future.

Offline adi1

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-4
Hello

I have a request for better Subtitle border for default #7 subs on subtitle menu outline.
On light background subtitles are barely visible..

Regards
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:51:45 PM by adi1 »

Offline polakis

When i scan a folder then my hard disk or usb dissappear from my med600. I must unplug the disk and put it back on again. Why is this happening?