Author Topic: Playing movies with 10muse  (Read 21177 times)

Offline johndon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Playing movies with 10muse
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »
Does anyone use 10Muse to control their mede8er?  I installed it yesterday and, for the most part it works with the remote control sending to the mede8er with no issues.

The only problem I have is that, when you select a movie and then select the Play button, the movie does not start.  If I start it using the mede8er remote the the 10muse remote can be used, I just can't get the movie to start using 10muse.

John

Offline Pafsanias

• B8a Tester - X3D NET API
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: Playing movies with 10muse
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:03:42 AM »
Does anyone use 10Muse to control their mede8er?  I installed it yesterday and, for the most part it works with the remote control sending to the mede8er with no issues.

The only problem I have is that, when you select a movie and then select the Play button, the movie does not start.  If I start it using the mede8er remote the the 10muse remote can be used, I just can't get the movie to start using 10muse.

John

I will need some more info. How are your movies stored? smb, nfs or local hdd?

You can send me the file ‘ApplicationSettings.xml’ (under “\10Muse Library Manager\UserData\”) so I can have a look at your folder definitions.

Offline johndon

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Thanks for your reply.  All the movies are on the local HD of the mede8er, the ApplicationSettings.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Settings>

<Online_Crawler_TMDB_Covers>Download First 3</Online_Crawler_TMDB_Covers>

<Online_Crawler_TMDB_Fanarts>Download First 3</Online_Crawler_TMDB_Fanarts>

<Online_Crawler_TMDB_Language>English (en)</Online_Crawler_TMDB_Language>

<Online_Crawler_TVDB_Language>English (en)</Online_Crawler_TVDB_Language>

<Send_To_Client_Setting_IP>192.168.1.80</Send_To_Client_Setting_IP>

<Send_To_Client_Setting_Type>Mede8er</Send_To_Client_Setting_Type>

<Shared_Folders_Full_String>Y:\Movies{1{1{0</Shared_Folders_Full_String>

<Dune_Index_Incremental_Option>False</Dune_Index_Incremental_Option>

<Dune_Index_ShowActors>True</Dune_Index_ShowActors>

<Music_LibraryLocation/>

<Send_To_Client_Setting_ShowCommand>True</Send_To_Client_Setting_ShowCommand>

<version>3.7.1</version>

<scan_date>created</scan_date>

</Settings>

John

Offline Pafsanias

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »
Thanks for the detailed info.

Since your movies folder is locally attached to the client, you have to define the shared folder as ‘Local Storage’.
This screenshot should make clear what you have to do.

In more detail:
- Delete your previously defined shared folder. Add a new one and navigate to your movies folder through the ‘Network’ (your shared folder should start with ‘\\’). Define it as ‘Local Storage’.
- Rescan (full) and re-export.

Offline johndon

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »
Thanks for that but I'm afraid that it has made no difference, the movie does not play - pressing the play button takes the mede8er back to it's home page rather than playing the movie so the app is sending a command to the mede8er, it just appears to be the wrong command..  As before, if a movie is already playing then the remote within 10Muse works perfectly.

These are my current settings based on your last reply:

John

Offline Pafsanias

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
Your settings look fine.

After re-scanning and re-exporting you did tap on ‘Update’ on the iPad app, right?
Also try with a few different movies.

If the problem persists, you can try the ‘Send to Client’ command. It initiates playback directly from ‘Library Manager’ and also informs about the exact command given.

See screenshots below. Use the latest ‘Library Manager’ version (3.9.2). Does the movie start? You will get a window with the command description, you can copy-paste the contents here for me to check.

Offline johndon

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »
Thanks again - I only downloaded 10Muse yesterday but the version was 3.9.1 - I've downloaded again and now have 3.9.2 and the button you highlight in the Library Manager launches the movie.

However, I've then selected Update in the iPad app and the play button still just takes me to the home page on the mede8er, it doesn't play the movie.

John

Offline Pafsanias

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
The problem was with with the case of the disc label (TitleCase). It is fixed for the next iPad version.

As a workaround for now, you can try changing the disc label from 'Mede8er' to 'MEDE8ER'. Connect it back to the client and start the movie, it should launch. No need to re-scan or re-export.

Offline johndon

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
Thanks again - it appears that the label of the HD in the Mede8er cannot be changed.  Do you know when the next version of the iPad app is likely to be available?

John

Offline Pafsanias

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »
Thanks again - it appears that the label of the HD in the Mede8er cannot be changed.  Do you know when the next version of the iPad app is likely to be available?

John

Thanks for all the feedback. I think was able to find a solution that does not require a new iPad app release. Try exporting with ‘Library Manager 3.9.3’. No need to re-scan.

Offline johndon

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »
Excellent - all working now, thanks for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

I'm very impressed with the iPad app, especially the handling of TV Series.

John
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:10:17 AM by johndon »

Offline Pafsanias

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »
Excellent - all working now, thanks for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

I'm very impressed with the iPad app, especially the handling of TV Series.

John
Thank you for your comments.

Until the next iPad version completely fixes the HDD label issue, this workaround works with all UPPERCASE label names, plus the 'Mede8er' label name.

Offline darnold

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
I am experiencing a very similar problem.  The controls work fine to navigate around my Mede8er 600 but will not launch a movie.  When I hit the play button in the app nothing happens. I have my movies stored on a DS415play NAS using VIDEO_TS Folders (.VOB files). 

When I try to playback the movie from the Library Manager the dialog says at the top: Sent to Port:1187 and in the dialogue it says; "jukebox play storage_label://video/Movies/Tropic Thunder"

Offline darnold

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
All good-I needed to use Samba (protected) setting with a user name and password.