Author Topic: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits  (Read 244395 times)

Offline mariusm69

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
Just tried to convert Hobbit 3D. Renamed so that the file contains .3DTAB. The file starts up my VPL-HW50 projector in 3D displaying a Top Bottom disorted image and when I access the menu in my MED1000X3D I notice that it has pre-selected to play 3D Top Bottom which is not right. This file is converted to MKV by the latest version of MakeMKV(1.8.3).

The MED1000X3D has the latest 30.may.2013 firmware and the choices I get when the file is playing is:
2D
3D Simulation
3D Side By Side
3D Top Bottom

Neither displays correctly of course as this is a proper 3D source, not SBS or TB. What's wrong here?
The ISO plays perfectly (not neccessary to adjust anything)
Thanks in advance!

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2013, 07:49:28 AM »
Just tried to convert Hobbit 3D. Renamed so that the file contains .3DTAB. The file starts up my VPL-HW50 projector in 3D displaying a Top Bottom disorted image and when I access the menu in my MED1000X3D I notice that it has pre-selected to play 3D Top Bottom which is not right. This file is converted to MKV by the latest version of MakeMKV(1.8.3).

The MED1000X3D has the latest 30.may.2013 firmware and the choices I get when the file is playing is:
2D
3D Simulation
3D Side By Side
3D Top Bottom

Neither displays correctly of course as this is a proper 3D source, not SBS or TB. What's wrong here?
The ISO plays perfectly (not neccessary to adjust anything)
Thanks in advance!

That is the result of adding .3DTAB. in the filename - you only need that when you want to auto force Top to Bottom. Remove it in the name.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline mariusm69

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »
That is the result of adding .3DTAB. in the filename - you only need that when you want to auto force Top to Bottom. Remove it in the name.

I did that already resulting in a 2D playback as default, giving me the option to change to 3D sim, SBS & TB options that I can't use for anything meaningful.
Tried another file as well with identical results. ISO works as it should.

If the MED1000X3D should detect the contents of the file as 3D (like it does with the ISO) and not by any "hint" in the filename then I suspect that there's something with the file itself that dosen't make sence. Is there anything besides default options that I should tweak in MakeMKV?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +202/-55
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
The code overrides the name once it detects MVC..but it has to  be told to  check for 3d using the name tag (or menu).  If it doesn't detect MVC..which sounds like your  issue..then it will use what is in the name tag.

Try the alternative .TB. name trigger.  Did you turn BD menu back on?  The defaults have been set up  to avoid all  the problems of the BD lite stack which  can't support menu's at rhe same time as 24hz or 3d.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:44:13 AM by jer1956 »

Offline mariusm69

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
Adding the Mpeg4-MVC-3D option when creating with MakeMKV and adding .3DTAB. in the filename did the trick. Just tested a few and it looks promising... Got proper HD-sound as well by adding the HD-lossless option :)

Offline spanero

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:02 AM »
Hi i can a question, i ripp 3D bluray with Makemkv, and the result is mkv (MVC stereo), all ok, but the problem is with the subtitle not is in 3D, the subtitle appear in 2D, I wonder if anyone knows how to put the subtitles in 3D?.
In the ISO 3D, the subtitle appear in 3D.
Thanks.

Offline ghidorah

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »
Hi...just got the x3D so please be patient with me!
 I ripped a 3d blu ray iso using Anydvd HD, copied it onto my extrenal drive and ran that, via the x3D, into my 3d projector. Couldn't get any 3d image on the projector. it didn't detect an incoming 3d signal. tried the various 3d settings on the x3d but nothing. Any help as to what i'm doing wrong? i thought simply playing an iso image would work. Do i have to do the convert to MKV thing? Thanks folks!

Offline giddy

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
The Hobbit is on two discs so when I ripped it I have two files. I tried mkvmerge but can't seem to combine these 3d mkvs what have other people been doing?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +202/-55
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
The Hobbit is on two discs so when I ripped it I have two files. I tried mkvmerge but can't seem to combine these 3d mkvs what have other people been doing?

Segmenting is diferent problem. There "one" movie has muitple segments and this create a single one just for that one movie.

Offline spaceghost2000

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 07:13:49 PM »
with titles that have more than 1 disc/file, I've been naming them with CD1 and CD2 or something to that effect and placing them into the same movie folder.  1000X seems to automatically play the 2nd file after the first is done playing. it's not seamless, there's a few seconds pause while the 2nd file starts playing, but at least I don't have to touch the remote.

The Hobbit has given me fits with the 2nd disc. Not to get into the weeds and derail the subject, but I've had to re-makemkv it several times with different versions of makemkv. The latest has given me a file that actually plays fine. before the 2nd file would give me a black screen (no video), or not be in 3d, or be in 3d but one eye is at the top of the screen and one eye at the bottom,etc.  Trying different setting on the 1000X didn't help. playing in 2d worked fine.  Only until this last attempt did makemkv produce a file that works properly..

Offline miracle

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »
I'm using the 600X3D on the latest firmware. When playing BLURAY 3D ISO files the player switches to 3D mode without any problems, but my separate srt-subtitles are in 2D. Up to now I did not find a way to let the player convert it to 3D like it does when playing SBS or TB MKV files (and using the right  name convention). Is there a solution or should I convert the srt file myself (with 3Dsubtitler)?

Offline miracle

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Solved the issue by upgrading to V3 firmware and changing the depth to <1> !!
Even changing back the depth to <8> keeps the subtitles in 3rd dimension.

Offline dfran1

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »
Hi,
 I am sorry if this has been answered but I can't find any reference to it.

I have 2 problems, I have the 600x3d

1. is there some setting in the menu or do I have to do something first so the xxxxxxx.3DSBS.mkv  will auto play 3D in SBS?

2. I have the subs in the same folder as the .mkv also labeled exactly the same except for the extension and I can't get the subs to show up?

so say a movie folder then inside movie.3DSBS.mkv and movie.3DSBS.sub (or whatever the extension is called)

PLEASE help. as I am very new to this box, so details please.
Thank you to all!!

Offline dfran1

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
Hi all,

I created a thread here http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12111.0.html on my poblem.

Turns out I can not use UPnP that I was using causing my problem.

I just wanted to post this in case someone read this and was wondering what was the cure.

Thanks to all.

Offline couto

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-2
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »
 See a hole in there  ;D and put  MakeMKV tutorial  to first page of this topic

ps:  moderator can add to fix topic

enjoy

Med1000X3D
Anthem MRX-310
Mitsubishi HC5