Author Topic: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits  (Read 195377 times)

Offline toddy28

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Makemkv - Extract 3DBDISO to MKV - lots of benefits
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 05:38:38 pm »
hello mate , thanks for the heads up on the 3d mkv , im a pro now lol

I just download the new version of make mkv and put in the same serial number and it does say never
so fingers crossed  ;D

Offline DirkGently68

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 05:48:42 pm »
I use MakeMKV too and my understanding is that the program never expires for ripping DVD.  The paid element which does expire is for ripping Blu-Ray.

However the program is still currently a beta version and as long as it is in beta a free key is available on the MakeMKV forum so no payment will be required until it is no longer beta software, whether this will ever happen is anybodys guess, it has been in beta for a pretty long time.

Offline 0xJay

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
This can be scripted as well using the makemkvcon binary included in the installation:

Use: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

Commands:
  info <source>
      prints info about disc
  mkv <source> <title id> <destination folder>
      saves a single title to mkv file
  stream <source>
      starts streaming server
  backup <source> <destination folder>
      backs up disc to a hard drive

Source specification:
  iso:<FileName>    - open iso image <FileName>
  file:<FolderName> - open files in folder <FolderName>
  disc:<DiscId>     - open disc with id <DiscId> (see list Command)
  dev:<DeviceName>  - open disc with OS device name <DeviceName>

Switches:
  -r --robot        - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers
6TB USB3
OS X 10.8.3
NFS 16k rsize  
   |                  
(CAT5e) Actiontec MI424WR
   |
Mede8er 600X3D
   |
(HDMI 1.4a) Onkyo TX-SR508
   |
(HDMI 1.4a) Samsung UN55ES8000

Offline lubbea@mweb.co.za

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 07:23:00 am »
I have been able to convert all my music Blu Ray DVD's to mkv successfully with makemkv"" except for Celine Dion''s new day""where the video is scrambled. Can you please assist

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 09:47:39 am »
I have been able to convert all my music Blu Ray DVD's to mkv successfully with makemkv"" except for Celine Dion''s new day""where the video is scrambled. Can you please assist

Are you ripping direct from BD ISO?  Makemkv may not keep their decryption  as up to date as, say ANY DVD HD.  So  you may need to rip  to iso  first using something else, and then convert that  to MKV.

Offline lubbea@mweb.co.za

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:30 am »
Thanks,
I'll give it a try

Offline kikkoman

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:36 pm »
I have a question.  When I use MakeMKV and rip the a 3D movie to mkv format, I know people mention it keeps the full hd video and audio intact,  I always select the top node of the audio which is the DTS or TrueHD lossless option. 

When I playback a movie on the 600X, when I check the info, it will say like 'DTS 5.1 xxx', whereas if a ripped the movie to an iso, it would read like 'DTSMA 5.1 xxx'.  I would think if the mkv format kept the audio the same, it would should up as 'DTSMA 5.1 xxx' as well?  Unless I am missing something here.  I don't remember what the bits per second value is, but those are the same values.

My friend let me borrow Dredd 3D and I ripped to mkv and when I played it back, it was 'DTS 5.1 xxx'.  When I played the 3D movie back on the PS3, the audio setting is set to 'DTS MA 7.1'. 

So my question is, is there an option or something on the 600X device that I am missing or does mkv just not truly rip the full audio, or does the 600X just label it incorrectly?  I have the stock firmware from when I bought the device back in December.  Don't recall what it is.

Thanks,

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 03:42:51 pm »
The display  shouldn't really matter. It's what your HDMI amp detects that matters. It will  tell if it's MA or just core.

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +98/-24
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »
kikkoman

Its a display bug in the SDK when using 'Info' and we have asked our engineers to try to fix it in V2. 

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline kikkoman

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:27 pm »
^ ^ ^
Thanks!  That is what I figured.  I did not check what the AVR was seeing as I have the speaker setting to Dolby Pro Logic IIz for 7.1, and so I wasn't sure if the audio was DTS that it would not label that on the AVR.  Silly me. 

Also, I use XBMC downstairs and that AVR shows the audio as DTSMA correctly with mkv's, so that is why I figured it must be a label issue on the 600X.

Anyhow, thanks and good to know! 

Offline odicamillo

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 09:47:59 pm »
MVC 3D format is great.
However, no player, TV, or special device is nowadays able to play it BUT the Mede8er.
What if you want to go back to a 3D ISO (obviously without the stuff that you didn't extract in the MVC)?
In fact, it is wonderful to download a 3D ISO and then to extract and store just what you like without quality loss but then, if you don't keep also the original ISO, how can you go back to a format that is universally recognized in case you need it?
Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

Offline toddy28

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:48 pm »
good point , its a gamble you take I guess , I have jumped in the deep end and converted all my iso files and deleted them

there are software player for the pc that's supports 3d mvc mkv so that is always an option

I believe this will become a popular format   

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »
This option was not created in MakeMKV just for the X3D.

You would expect any player which  can play 3d MVC iso  should play 3d mvc mkv.  There is no universal  format if you mean play 3D mvc in any form on older 2d players.

As some point you will get additions to other tools, to  say remux mvc mkv back into iso..but with no menu.

Offline odicamillo

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01:11 am »
I hope 3D MVC mkv will become a popular format but it is by far not the case for the moment.
The closest (and only as far as I know) mediaplayer that is currently trying to implement it is the PCH A400 but with low priority (that might mean in PCH terms months or years).
Personally, I am not interested in playing a 3D movie on a PC screen.
At the moment, if you keep the ISO you can easily generate a SBS (the half is playable on all the 2D devices and directly on the TVs), or a TAB, or a MVC mkv, or even you can burn a (rewritable) blue ray disk.
If you have just a MVC mkv (and you don't own a Mede8er or yours is broken  :'() there is no way (as far as I know) to play the 3D movie (on a TV set)!
The end result is that you have to keep both the ISO and the MVC mkv, that is not exactly the most efficient way to manage your disk space.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:50 am »
The end result is that you have to keep both the ISO and the MVC mkv, that is not exactly the most efficient way to manage your disk space.

If they are "your" disks then you have the source of the iso on the disk.  If they are not iso's from your disks, then  this is why I believe sony are requiring that Full Bd Menu only works with cineavia encodes..i.e optical disks.  Mediaplyers can only use the camcorder BD lite stack..which makes keeping menu totally pointless as the support just isn't there.    All those moving from older 2d players to  the latest 3d players are going to  find it's the same with any 3d media player. There is no point saying you old 2d dune or 2d popcorn could use full menu's, as their latest 3d players are in the same boat. In fact if you check their forums this  restriction was added to their 2d players also, and many are using older firmware pre-dating it, demanding that this "bug" be fixed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:58:49 am by jer1956 »