Author Topic: Can anyone please supply an UP TO DATE tutorial on using Thumbgen for TV Series?  (Read 35952 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
If you have an X2 you  would know about the various x2 firmware revisions and where you download them from.  You shouldn't use 2.0.6..it just that is when the Tv Wall appeared.

Your not trying to do this  with an X1?

Offline Kennylein

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
No I'm trying to do it with the X3 and the beta firmware from 29th September :/

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
As i said..the TV wall was introduced with the X2. So read the description here:-
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,8464.0.html

Don't install the x2 firmware.

Offline Kennylein

Don't install the x2 firmware.

Who would try do it?^^

Thanks for the link, downloading the series demo, gonna try and see how it works and try the mede8er series wall profile for thumbgen :)

€dit: Just looked through the files in the series demo. There is no about.jpg to find?!
Also the folder structure is different from eentjes guide. His guide recommends to make a seperate folder for each episode oO
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:19:11 PM by Kennylein »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
That's becuase some people are thinking off TV support inside video Jukebox..and others the new TV Wall. What are you after?

Offline Kennylein

Dunno right now Oo

Basically I want something like  the Y2M Jukebox, but for series.
Eeentjes Guide creates all the jpg's I want and they all look good, but the mede8er doesnt know how to use them or work with them?
There is a sheet for the Series itself with plot and main cast etc, then seperate sheets for each season followed by sheets for every Episode.
I imagined it would be possible to go to the favourites on the Mede8er, choose the series folder I put in the favourites. Then choose the Series I want. It would then show me the seasons and I would be able to choose the season I want to watch and then let me choose the Episode I want. But that doesnt work.

I only the see the sheet for the first episode of the series and thats it :/

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
If Entje's guide is for Jukebox..then you have to scan and create the datbase. You don't scan with the Tv Wall.

Offline Kennylein

Dont understand?! I guess...

I put the Series Folder in the Favorites, scan for the xml data, select the Movie View (since the others are Music, Picture, List and Preview View) and then go ahead choose the Episode?

Offline eentje

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-3
  • there aint noboby like eent :)
the guide i made was before the release of the series wall.

when i made it u needed a separte folder. with the new one u dont.

personally i dodnt use the about jpgs for series anymore. just a xml file..

it is pretty hard to explain in a few min. i got it working for my self. but with a not so pretty solution that i why i dont have a guide for it.

when i make something i want it to be clear for everyone. i try to make it easer soon. but im kind of busy atm.
-- med500x2 --synology ds1512+ 2x3tb + 1x4tb 1x 6tb  -o onkyo htr-380 reciever

www.thetvdb.com contributor

Offline Kennylein

Isn't there a way to use the about.jpg's? They look so good.. :(

Offline eentje

• B8a Tester - X2
there is..

but u get a few limitations :)

when u look @ about jpg from series.. use back button... same for season about.jpg.

then go to season folder and look@ first about.jpg form season episode by pressing info.. browse thourgh about.jpg / episodes using navigation. and press enter to play the desired episode.

u cant select serie about.jpg and then navigate throught the season jpgs. and then if u click browse the about.jpg from the episodes.. if thats what u r after.

Offline Kennylein

u cant select serie about.jpg and then navigate throught the season jpgs. and then if u click browse the about.jpg from the episodes.. if thats what u r after.

Why not? :(
Would be so great :/

Offline eentje

• B8a Tester - X2
i know but the firmware cant do that yet :)

im trying to figure out if i can bypass this :)  but it takes time. and it dont have so much atm :) (and since im a wow addict and new exp came out, i spend some free time i have on that aswell )

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
That is why the Tv Wall was created.  Jukebox changes take a lot more work to implement.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +13/-1
http://eentje.nl/mede8er/Lstar337%20Split-Sheet%20TV%20Processing%20Guide%20for%20Mede8er.pdf that is the guide i made a while back. U can use it with the new series wall aswell :)

This link doesn't work anymore; does anyone have a copy they can upload? It should be possible to attach the PDF to the post itself, no need to host it elsewhere.