Author Topic: General Synology Topic  (Read 3637 times)

Offline hotseflotse

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
    • Freely
General Synology Topic
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:52 am »
I guess I am not the only one with a Synology NAS, and I guess I am not the only one who is very pleased with the NAS.

How do you use your NAS, only for downloads, or did you create your own cloud, or whatever. In this topic I thought we could have a general discussion about the Synology products in combination with mede8er products.

Questions like, what is your setup, which packages do you use, and so on...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give it a go...

I have the DS212+ (2x 2TB in Raid0) connected via a gigabit network to my mede8er X2 (the one without hdd  ;)) and my PS3. I mostly use the NAS for the movies and series, but I also backup all my files on the NAS.

The packages on my NAS are the usual suspects; sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd, Itunes server, etc. I also use the YAMJ package on my NAS for the scraping of the images and information that are shown by the mede8er. This works pretty good the only thing is that the pictures are not automaticly stored on the correct movie/serie folder...

Offline eentje

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-3
  • there aint noboby like eent :)
Re: General Synology Topic
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:31 am »
You are not the only one :)

I have a DS1512+ with 2x3tb. gigabit connected to switch and router :)

I use it for data storage and offcourse downloading. I streaming music to my onkyo reciever with a usb sound card.

got nzbget and spotweb running :) nothing else :)
-- med500x2 --synology ds1512+ 2x3tb + 1x4tb 1x 6tb  -o onkyo htr-380 reciever

www.thetvdb.com contributor

Offline SPiET

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: General Synology Topic
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:00 am »
I wonder where you can get that y2m package. Any url?