Author Topic: Skin Pack Requests - Post them here  (Read 56823 times)

Offline mysteryliner

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Skin Pack Requests - Post them here
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »
I would like to see more of the functions/ UI that can be found in xbmc/ kodi
Don't know if this can be don't thought skies.

A more complex movie scraper.
- scrolling through movies displays: movie synopsis, file/container info(1080p, DTS, 7.1, ). a trailer perhaps.
- the background would change alone with the movie poster
- display actress, directors, release year, etc...     <----search parameter
- - clicking an actress,  will display imdb-like information... And a list of other movies in your database starring that actress

Sorry,    Just really like the way you can move through that system.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +182/-35
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »
A skin dosnt require functional  code changes, and that is what  you are listing. A skin does nothing more than change the eye candy for the code as it is.

Offline mysteryliner

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2014, 06:50:51 pm »
Ah I see.    Thanks for the reply.

And where on the forum should I suggest these functions thenot?

Maybe a hail Mary thread

Just think these would be functions that would benefit the user, and maybe give a leg up against competition.

Offline handekkers

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:58 am »
Hello there...

I would like to know if it's possible to convert the Confluence Mod by Mike42 (X3 theme) to a working X2 theme? I have to Mede8ers at home, a MED800X3 in the livingroom and a MED500X2. I am using the Confluence Mod on my MED800X3 with great satisfaction and would like the same theme on my MED500X2 upstairs  :)

Please let me know if this is possible... 8)

Link to the Confluence Mod by Mike42:

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9224.0.html

Offline Skylinc

• Moder8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:50 pm »
Hello there...

I would like to know if it's possible to convert the Confluence Mod by Mike42 (X3 theme) to a working X2 theme? I have to Mede8ers at home, a MED800X3 in the livingroom and a MED500X2. I am using the Confluence Mod on my MED800X3 with great satisfaction and would like the same theme on my MED500X2 upstairs  :)

Please let me know if this is possible... 8)

Link to the Confluence Mod by Mike42:

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9224.0.html

Perhaps you should also ask the question in that topic as Mike will also get a notification.
Product: Mede8er MED1000X3D f/w v2.0.0 (5Feb2013)
Audio: HDMI > LG 42LW4500
Audio setting: HDMI Passthrough / Night mode Comfort
Video: HDMI output > LG 42" LED Cinema3D 42LW4500
Video setting: 1080p 50Hz, 23Hz ON,16:9
Media Source: Wired Network > Win 8 Professional SMB shares, OpenMediaVault Shares
Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital

Offline cineman

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:52 am »
Hello,
First of all thank you for the great work Med8er Team on all new Firmware and Skin releases.
My wish to customize the GUI is one more choice for the cover view.
It should take the whole screen without the massive info bar on the bottom.
As fare as i know a cover view like this is only possible if the user takes a external scrapper.
A good example for this is the view of x3 black by monkeywash skin jukebox. (pic3)
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,14716.0.html
regards
cineman

Offline Skylinc

• Moder8or
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 04:16:37 pm »
Hi cineman

This is not exactly the correct topic to post that request in as this topic is for overall skin requests. However, if you have scanned your collection then you can click on the Menu button, and select the option to Hide Movie Info, which will give you your 3 lines as per the screenshot.
Media Source: Wired Network > Win 8 Professional SMB shares, OpenMediaVault Shares

Offline De Josz

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:36 am »
Hello Guys, I would like to know if it's possible to get X3 clapperboard with the menu bar from the bubbles skin and the background with Dots Following contoured rolls hills or Hexagons minalistic.

So the clapperboard needs to get a little bit higher for the menu bar from the bubbles skin to fit in.

I think it brings more colour to the clapperboard, I like the clapperboard very much, but there almost no colours in it. And if it's not to much trouble in Dutch or more languages please.

Otherwise I like to know how to make it myself, but I do not have the tools for it.

Thanx
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:38:24 pm by De Josz »

Offline m3dmer3er3r_4

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-9
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:08 pm »

Otherwise I like to know how to make it myself, but I do not have the tools for it.

Thanx

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,11927.0.html

Offline DrBudgie

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2015, 08:46:11 am »
Hi There,
I am requesting perhaps a Kawasaki zzr1400 Theme from 2012 model upwards on, seeing there is already a BMW iDrive available, any motorcycle Skin in no particular order.

Thank you guys

Offline Bibs

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »
Hi i'm new here and i'm thinking of purchasing a MED600X3D but i would like to remove a lot of the functions, well almost all of them tbh.

all i would like is a film jukebox with local storage, nothing more. let me explain a little. my wife had a brain haemorrhage a few years ago so gets confused if she has to press too many buttons or change a lot of screens. at the moment we use an OPPO BDP-103 that has given great service and still plays ISO files as i never updated it.

what i would like is to make it easier for the wife is when the MED600X3D is started up it goes straight to a screen that has a list of the HDD's on it and from there to the film screen where she can then choose what film she would like to watch. at the moment i have 16tb spanned across 8x2tb drives which are all named like A-D E-F etc.etc. the drives contain 1to1 ISO files of the original BD/DVD which i own.

the MED600X3D will be plugged into my system and be offline at all times. i update the local storage when i buy new discs.

i will not use any of the streaming functions or other media functions. one function i would like is to have the case cover picture as the film choice when browsing and i'm not interested in any other function like metadata.

can this be done?

thanks

Offline Skylinc

• Moder8or
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2015, 04:48:32 pm »
Hi i'm new here and i'm thinking of purchasing a MED600X3D but i would like to remove a lot of the functions, well almost all of them tbh.

all i would like is a film jukebox with local storage, nothing more. let me explain a little. my wife had a brain haemorrhage a few years ago so gets confused if she has to press too many buttons or change a lot of screens. at the moment we use an OPPO BDP-103 that has given great service and still plays ISO files as i never updated it.

what i would like is to make it easier for the wife is when the MED600X3D is started up it goes straight to a screen that has a list of the HDD's on it and from there to the film screen where she can then choose what film she would like to watch. at the moment i have 16tb spanned across 8x2tb drives which are all named like A-D E-F etc.etc. the drives contain 1to1 ISO files of the original BD/DVD which i own.

the MED600X3D will be plugged into my system and be offline at all times. i update the local storage when i buy new discs.

i will not use any of the streaming functions or other media functions. one function i would like is to have the case cover picture as the film choice when browsing and i'm not interested in any other function like metadata.

can this be done?

thanks

Not quite the correct topic for your question, but I will answer as best I can.
1. You can set the MED600X3D to boot directly into Favourites. You can then put all your hard drives into the favourites for easy access (I recommend looking at an aggregated Jukebox which will allow you to combine all hard drives into a single Favourite).
2. You will not be able to attain this functionality with a skin design. Yes, you can hide all the buttons, but you will still be clicking your left/right arrow buttons over them, so it would look like the device is not responding.

Offline Bibs

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2015, 03:56:34 pm »
that sounds like a plan.

so when the mede8er starts up it will go directly to the HDD's in the favourites and then from there it would just be a matter of choosing the HDD that i my wife wants then from there a list/wall of titles.

does the mede8er have any default icons in the favourites that cant be removed?

if i'm in the wrong forum thread for these questions could you point me to the correct one. thanks

Offline Skylinc

• Moder8or
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2015, 07:47:35 pm »
that sounds like a plan.

so when the mede8er starts up it will go directly to the HDD's in the favourites and then from there it would just be a matter of choosing the HDD that i my wife wants then from there a list/wall of titles.

does the mede8er have any default icons in the favourites that cant be removed?

if i'm in the wrong forum thread for these questions could you point me to the correct one. thanks

You could just create a new topic, but seeing as though you have found your answers I don't think it is required any more.

As for favourites, no. The Mede8er does not have any defaults. You can add/remove any favourites that you want to. And you can assign icons to them by clicking the Menu button and selecting Genre (obviously this will be in the Favourites screen)

Offline bullitt

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2015, 11:39:41 am »
hi,

i've recently been fiddling with the skins and come across an (old) XBMC-a-like skin. However, the modern ones are much more neat. Hence, i post this request if anyone is up for it to make a skin like this: