Author Topic: Mede8er Movie Icons Not Showing in Movies Section  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Brett247

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Mede8er Movie Icons Not Showing in Movies Section
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:23:57 AM »
Good Day,

Just purchased a 250x for my child, updated it to v1.6 and uploaded movie folder after updating them with y2m Mede8er version. Each movie is in its own folder and has an about.jpg, moviex.avi and folder.jpg files.

I completed a media scan manually and set it on auto scan as well. Movies then show up in the movies folders and are set on thumbnail view, but only display the Mede8er icon on movie, not the jpg image... I also tried deleteing the Theater forlder and mentioned in the forums, but still no joy...

Is there anything else i can try, as this product will be useless to me if my child cannot see the movie icon in order to know which movie to select based on thumbnail picture.

I want to purchase the 500x2 for myself but if a simple think like this does not work then i would rather go apple TV.

Your assistance will be appreciated.
Tx Brett

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Re: Mede8er Movie Icons Not Showing in Movies Section
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »
Brett

For the MED250X I suggest you do not use the Movie Search Functionality if you require cover art support.

Rather navigate to the Movie folder in Media Library and set the View to 'Thumbnail View'  -- ie press the 'Menu' Button and select one of the 3 Views. You can also zoom the Movie Sheet (about.jpg) to full screen by pressing the 'slow button on the Remote. Once your Movie Sheet is zoomed to full screen you can also navigate by Movie Sheet with the Up/Down Nav buttons.

Mede8er1 

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Brett247

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:17 AM »
Would you not say that that defeats the purpose of having the Movies option?

Due to this limitation We now have to select Media Library, HDD, Movies and then only get access to the movies. I would have thought that you would be able to access this immediatly via the movies option on the home page... hardly ease of use... Why is it so difficult to display a thumbnail?

What limitations will the 500x2 have in this regard?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »
The big  buttons are for enagaging the simple search functions. If you want icon eye candy you have to read up on Video Walls, and the Jukebox function added to the X2.  That takes  work to set up.