Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: News and Updates  (Read 4903 times)
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

printf("Hello, world! \n");

« on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:55 am »

This topic will be used to notify you of incoming releases, enhancements, news and, finally, bug fixing.

Latest version will always be described on first post, for easier readability.

Version 1.4.3 has been released on June 29th, 2012.

Change log
New features:
  • Movie details view now shows the movie rating using stars instead of raw numbers.
  • Loading a library while working with the application now produces a confirmation request: opening a new library leads to lose changes made to the already loaded library, so you have to confirm or cancel.

Bug fixes:
  • XML quoting error in the title and original title tags. Nothing harmful for users, but must be corrected nonetheless.
  • The genre list in mede8er.db could, under certain circumstances, be written using the wrong separator. Now always uses the forward slash character as needed by Mede8er's firmware.

Users of versions up to 1.2 are required to download latest version from my website, then simply unpack and overwrite the old version. Preferences will be kept untouched.
Users of version 1.3 onwards should benefit from the automatic update feature. Let me know if you have any problem with this feature…

Latest version is always available from my website, along with an updated user guide.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:16:29 pm by mognons » Logged

Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)
Proud user of DuneX2Mede8er
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:27 pm »

Version 1.2 is under development and testing: it will introduce a basic layer of compatibility with DuneX 0.9.0_Beta37, where a lot of things changes against the actual stable 0.8.4, while retaining full functionality with respect of the current version.

Look here, in this topic, for the date of release...

I would like to thank the community member macuser which is actively participating in the testing phase and, definitely, giving me a big, helping, hand!

Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:17:04 am »

Version 1.2, build 1.12.50, is now available.
Change log:
- Added basic compatibility with latest DuneX 0.9.0.37 beta
- More robust processing of "Save XML"
- Allows for deeper folder structure, uses recursive scan

Download new version at developer's site.
As always feedbacks and suggestions are warmly welcomed. Have fun!

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:55:57 am »

Version 1.3 has just been released today.
Compatibility with DuneX beta version has improved and I introduced some new features while fixing some nasty bugs that slipped through our QA department (hem…).

So, here we are:

New features:

• New "watched" indicator in Movie Details and Episode Details views
  • New menu item to toggle "watched" indicator for single movie or TV episode
  • Automatic updates check and install directly from home website. Uses Sparkle framework
  • Now it is possible to fix movie info by scraping on TMDB even if the selected movie has not been exported yet from DuneX (red ball), so you can fix DuneX library BEFORE exporting the rendered pictures (about.jpg)

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a typo in creating Mede8er.db that caused recursion to fail when a subfolder was found within the library path.
  • In library details view, the path is now correctly colored upon its status in the file system.
  • Status sheet after folder operations is dynamically resized if there are no errors. Fixed erroneous computation of new frame size
  • Avoid crashes if there's a movie/TV episode without the corresponding ancestor folder in library file (DuneX bug).

The User Guide has been updated and slightly modified. For any question please post in the DuneX2Mede8er main topic.
I'll be glad to answer your questions, comments and requests.

Version 1.3 is available now at my website.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:01:31 pm by mognons » Logged

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 10:00:03 am »

Thanks to forum user sandom, I was able to discover and fix a bug affecting users from countries with a locale settings where the decimal point is actually… a point!
Unfortunately most of Europe (I'm Italian…) uses comma to delimit the start of the decimal digits and my application was written with this concept in mind. My bad…  Smiley

The new algorithm has been tested by me using different region settings and by sandom, who originally discovered the problem.

Version 1.3.1, available right now, fixes the bug.
For those already on version 1.3, the update will be automatic (it can also be manually forced by menu item "Check for updates").
Users of previous versions should visit my website in order to download the latest version available.

Don't forget to visit the site in order to download the user guide or to access it online.

Enjoy your Mac and your Mede8er, folks!  Grin

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:56 pm »

Hi folks,
just a few notes to share with you what's going on with the development of DuneX2Mede8er.

Here are some of features that are planned for future releases:
  • Add the ability to reach the user guide within the application, both as a PDF and/or as an online resource
  • Add a search function in order to query your library: this will be handy for those users with huge libraries that want to filter the items they need to work upon. You'll have the ability to search for genres, actors, directors and titles; there will also be some predefined queries with no parameters. The result of the query will be shown as a table: from there there will be the chance to navigate the results in outline view, showing thus the movie/episode details view. It's easier to show it than to explain it  Grin
  • Add the ability to delete selected items from library and/or file system.
  • Add the ability to move items from one library folder to the another; the items will also be moved filesystem wise.
  • Add the ability to refresh the filesystem status, in case you forgot to mount some external or networked disks; there will be no need to exit the application to have the filesystem status refreshed.
  • Add a "Reset all movies (in a library folder) as unwatched" function
  • Add the option to build the mede8er.db without the movies marked as "watched", so you can have a jukebox showing only the movies that you've yet to watch.
  • Add some sort of statistics based on items of your library
  • Add the ability to print all or part of your library to printer/PDF/file

Well, these are features that may, or may not, find their way into future versions of DuneX2Mede8er, along with feature request request coming from real users.

I would like to have some feedback from you, as I believe that wasting time implementing functions that noboy wants is totally useless...

Stay tuned for some preview in the next days and…
Enjoy your Mac and your Mede8er!

mognons

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 03:21:35 pm »

A few screenshot as a preview of the movie search function

The query form, selecting the genre from a drop down list

The result table; items from a query on "Horror" genre. Double click an item to go straight to outline view, movie details.

Once in the outline view you can cycle among the items selected by the query by using the arrows navigation controls in the lower left of the screen; here you find the item position and the total number of the items selected

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 08:41:45 am »

Incoming Release

Hi folks,
following the sneak preview I gave you a few days ago, I'm happy to announce that DuneX2Mede8er version 1.4 (it's 1.4.2 to tell the truth…) is going to see the light in a couple of days, maybe on sunday night (I'm still testing it for compatibility with both versions of DuneX (stable and beta) and I need to update the user guide.

Version 1.4 features the new Library Query function briefly described in the preview (see previous post) and a function to "refresh" the status of the file system (volumes mounted and read/write status) without the need to quit the application and/or reload the library file.
As usual a few bug fixes complete the release.

Stay tuned for the official release post!

Enjoy your Mac and your Mede8er  Grin

mognons

mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:31:32 am »

Good morning folks,
Version 1.4.2 is now available on the website or as an automatic update for users of version 1.3+

New features:
  • A new, powerful, feature for those users that manages huge and complex libraries: the Library Query function let's you explore your library by searching for genres, cast, director or title, or find items that needs your attention using a set of predefined queries to spot duplicate movies, incomplete infos and much more. Read the User Guide at myrtaART for more details!
  • New menu item to refresh the file status without exiting the application or reloading the library. Just mount your missing disk and use this function to let DuneX2Mede8er acknowledge the new status
  • The online version of the User Guide is now available directly through the application's Help menu

Bug fixes:
  • Removed some code in fixBadMovieData method that could cause, under certain circumstances, to produce a mede8er.db without the user acknowledgement.
  • The XML tag <runtime>, in the XML out file, contained an unwanted decimal point: runtime is expressed in minutes, so that was definitely not needed

The User Guide has also been updated. For any question please post in the DuneX2Mede8er main topic.
I'll be glad to answer your questions, comments and requests.

Version 1.4.2 is available now at my website.

Enjoy your Mac and your Mede8er!  Grin

Mede8er1
Administr8or

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 09:32:37 am »

Awesome work  Grin

I am now very jealous of the Mac users who now have such a quality tool with so many fantastic features.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 09:43:30 am »

Thank you, Mede8er1, your compliments are really appreciated  Grin

Mac users often suffer from the lack of tools that Windows users take for granted, but somewhere, somehow, the community often provides some kind of solution...

Maasbommel
Global Moder8or
M8er Addict

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 09:47:36 am »

Damm... I think I have to buy a Mac now...  Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:30:41 am by Maasbommel » Logged

Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 10:29:20 am »

Damm... I think I have to by a Mac now...  Grin

YesCool  Grin

Please apologize if I picked up the wrong country/language, it was just an educated guess  Grin

Maasbommel
Global Moder8or
M8er Addict

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 10:31:20 am »

Just corrected my typo, as you noticed, I am not a native English speaker  Wink

Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.
mognons
B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Experienced Member

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 10:41:47 am »

Incoming Release

Hi folks,
version 1.4.3, mainly a maintenance release, will see the light by the end of the week.
It will feature some minor bug fixes plus a fix in the genre field, as written in the Mede8er.db, that leads to incorrect filtering when using the XML Search on your Mede8er device.

Other additions include a confirmation request when open a library while an old one is already loaded into the application ('cause loading a library will mean losing all the changes you may have done) and an aestethic change in the way rating is represented in the movie details view: now you got stars instead of bare numbers.

If no other bugs spring out from nowhere, next version will be (major) 1.5, with some new features, a new setting panel and the ability to create the virtual catalog for implementing the "watched filter" as discussed in this thread. This is due soon too, especially if Italy's football team loses against Germany, thus stopping its run towards the final, leaving me with some free time to spare  Grin

Stay tuned for the official release post!

Enjoy your Mac and your Mede8er  Grin

mognons

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: