Author Topic: Mac users, X2 series' Jukebox and DuneX: the solution is here!  (Read 140518 times)

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • printf("Hello, world! \n");
    • myrtaART: Applications, Resources and Tools
Re: Mac users, X2 series' Jukebox and DuneX: the solution is here!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
Okay, it is a public beta. But, still, my program is based on the latest "stable" version.
I downloaded the beta, which is twice as big as the regular version, and I'm going to try it out in a VM based on Snow Leopard, feeding it with a copy of my Dunex library.
Let's see what happens, but if the author changed a lot of things do not expected support for the beta in a very short time.
Btw, thanks for the feedback, so I'm forced to look forward...
Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)
Proud user of DuneX2Mede8er

Offline macuser

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
I am in Lion 10.7.4 If i can help you  for the next step of duneX2mede8er please pm or mail me.
Optoma HD80,Sharp LC-52DH65E, Mede8er MED1000X3D 3 TB WD green HDD -> with ethernet cat 6 to Time Capsule 3 TB, Marantz NR 1602,Apple TV2,Dune HD Duo, LG HR550, Pace DS-831,Roister HT-3300

Sharp LC-42SB55E,  Mede8er MED400X2,Yamaha YSP 800,Samsung BD C5900,Dune Lite 53D,Apple TV3

MacBook Pro, MacBook & MacPro, latest Lion OS

WD MyBookWorld II 2TB NAS Server

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »
I am in Lion 10.7.4 too. I use a Fusion VM to test the app in Snow Leopard, which is my minimum target of deployment.
I gave a quick look at the application in beta form and I saw some changes in the settings panel and this new "Index" stuff in the main window. I suspect that the index stuff would be of no use to use mede8er users, but I've yet to get the grip on it.
It loaded my 700+ movies library and created the aforementioned index in quite a long time; very, very slow compared to version 0.8.6, the stable version I am using.

At first sight the library file is more or less the same, I'll do a better check later and then try to load into DuneX2Mede8er.
I'll report back as soon as possible.
Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)

Offline sandom

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Ciao mognons,
this is a fantastic concept, really appreciate your hard work. The only thing is I can't quite figure out how to make the program work as every time I hit the save xml button (read/write access enabled in folder) it kind of freezes up and says: Processing data to XML..., I left it for quite a while( 30 min) but nothing happens and the file is not being transferred over.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:51 AM »
Hi sandom,
the behavior that you saw is probably due to some crash when the program tries to compose the XML in the right format; the original DuneX library is often full of errors, especially in the mediainfo section, and DuneX2Mede8er tries, whenever possible, to correct them on the fly.

If there are no errors, the writing is pretty fast: it takes one minute to write one hundred XML…

To help me debug the errors in your library, you could:
1) be sure to run latest version of DuneX2Mede8er (v. 1.3, release a couple of days ago)
2) specify which version of DuneX you're actually running.
2b) Specify which version of Mac OS X you're running (must be 10.6+)
3) Open Console.app, in Applications->Utility, clear the "monitor" and run DuneX2Mede8er to replicate the same error; then copy and past the console output to a text file and mail it to: supporto@myrtaart.com
4) zip you DuneX XML library file and send it to the above address, together with a description of the file/folder you tried to Save XML to…

Any other information that comes to your mind will be very useful.
Feel free to post here any  questions, you'll be helping to build a better product.

Thank,
mognons
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:56:10 AM by mognons »

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Well, thanks to user sandom I was able to take note that we all live in different countries!

Localization is the issue: application tries to compute the file size in bytes (which is a tag in the output XML) from a string in the form "7.32Go" (Go is Giga octet, the french version of Giga bytes…); in order for this to work on an Italian system (or french, german…) that decimal point must be converted to a comma.
Nice idea, but then it fails for uk/us (and other countries) users.

My fault (who else?).
Version 1.3.1, due to be released in a couple of days, will hopefully to fix it by using a completely different method in the Cocoa frameworks that should be locale independent.

Stay tuned…
mognons

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »
Bug fixed.

Please see the update topic for more info,

Offline sandom

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
Hi mognons,
I just realised that I don't seem to be getting a rating in any of the newly scraped movies. Am I missing something?
Many thanks

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
Hi sandom,
you should check your XML library (as saved by DuneX) because I think that the scraper return a rating of 0.0.

I took a quick look at the sample you sent me some time ago and all movies have no rating (0.0 value).
Please let me know if that is the issue, otherwise I'll check your library file.  ;)

Cheers,
mognons

Offline sandom

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Thanks, you are correct
I know its a DuneX question but do you get a rating when you scrape movies with DuneX because I don't, I do get 0.000 for all of them, my General information data source is set to: IMDB.
Thanks

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »
I do, most of the times. I'm using IMDB with language Italian and it usually works.
You should try the "Fix Movie Info" function in DuneX2Mede8er to retrieve movie's ratings from TMDB, before writing the XML files to disk. You could also save the modified data back to DuneX and the application warns you if you don't  ;D

Remember to upgrade your version to the newest available!

cheers,
mognons

Offline sandom

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »
ok thanks,
its the language settings in DuneX that won't give me the rating for some reason (mine is set to english)
Thanks again, keep up the good work
 sandom

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
You may want to try TheMovieDatabase.org as a scraper for DuneX, it usually works because they have real API for programmers, not as with IMDB where developers need to parse the HTML code of the web pages, hoping that IMDB  change the layout.

Offline ASchneider

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
Hi,

at first thanks a lot for your great work. I am wondering how it works with the about.png. If I select a folder on my mede8er and I press "About" nothing happens. I just tested in for one movie in one folder. I generated the dunex library and exported it as X500. My mede8er is a 450X2. I started dunextomede8er and opened the library and generated the xml.

Thanks for every hint.

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
Hi ASchneider,
I do not know if your "about.png" is a typo, but it shoul be "about.jpg" and "folder.jpg" in order to work with mede8er firmware.
Your test folder shoul contain the movie file, an XML file with te same name of the movie, an about.jpg and a folder.jpg.

This should work no matter how you generated the files