I would really like to thank Maasbommel and Jer1956 for their relentless testing through the xmas season and during the initial Alpha phase of the Music Jukebox development - Guys thanks. Also to our brilliant engineer Hansen for his amazing work on this project. To Jer1956 who continued to play a huge role in the development of the Music Jukebox
We don't have words to thank you enough.
The V2 Music Jukebox has been a big challenge and I can tell you that we have been through tons and tons of internal Alpha and Beta releases to get it to this point. I am personally using the Jukebox and the in my case it has been like a key unlocking a treasure trove of fantastic music that is now well organized and easy to find. I must caution you that it is critical that you read the Online User Guide for correct System operation.
V2.0.4http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X2/Mede8er_V2.0.4_for_X2 Series_29Feb2012.rarhttp://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X2/Mede8er_V2.0.4_for_X2 Series_29Feb2012.zip
If you cannot download the complete install file from the above link you can try this.
Download all the following 4x files and join them with HJSplithttp://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.4_29Feb2012/install.img.001http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.4_29Feb2012/install.img.002http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.4_29Feb2012/install.img.003http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.4_29Feb2012/install.img.004http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.4_29Feb2012/hjsplit.exeIf your MED500X2 does not show the internal Hard Drive with V2.0.4 then we suggest you use the EU Versionhttp://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X2/Mede8er_V2.0.4_for_X2_Series_27Feb2012_MED500X2_EU.rarhttp://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X2/Mede8er_V2.0.4_for_X2_Series_27Feb2012_MED500X2_EU.zip
Music Jukebox User Guidehttp://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_music_jukebox_user_guide.html
1) Added V2 Music Jukebox
2) Added Title Search on Movie Jukebox -- NB This works on the Folder Name and you will need to rescan your collection
3) Improved the 'Scan' time on HDD/USB
4) Scan function Inhibit if NAS enabled ---> Warning Message shown
5) Added a 'Warning Dialogue' when a function such as 'Scan' or 'Add Skin' is going to end in a Auto Reboot
6) Fixed Slideshow and Background Music crash problem ---> NB: Music must be on the same drive as the images
7) Fixed NAS enabled and HDD Spin Down conflict
Added Realtek SATA HDD patch
9) Added 'Kopia' text string
10) Fixed Auto Re Power Up after Powering down after playing a file with VOBSUB Subtitles.
11) New stepped 'Screensaver'
Know issues / To do
1) Reboot is not required when scanning Movies so the 'Reboot' Dialogue Screen should not be shown.
The database file is saved as normal so please ignore this small oversight.
2) Greek / Portuguese GUI Language - Will add it to the next release but we need someone to do the Translations.
3) Sound output when you change 1080P/24 on/off - Investigating.
4) Add to Music Jukebox functionality - The Path of the Album 'Folder' is missing from the added content in the music.db.
a) Rescan the whole collection
b) If you dont want to Rescan the whole collection then make a new folder in the root named 'new' or whatever you want and copy your new Albums to this folder then focus on the folder and select option ' Add to Jukebox' -- Now copy the new Albums from the the 'new' folder to the root of the music collection.
AFTER THE UPDATE WE SUGGEST YOU UNPLUG AND REBOOT THE X2 AND THEN CONTINUE
If you installing a new Hard Drive then it should be formatted in the X2 for correct operation. After the format the Hard Drive should be shown as HDD: in the Media Library. (Not the Devices Page) If it not shown as HDD then you must format the Hard Drive a second time) USER MANUALS
MED400X2http://www.mede8er.com/images/USER_INSTRUCTIONS/Mede8er_med400x2_user_rev2.5_24Dec2011.pdfChangelog -- V2.0.3. - 23 Dec 2011
1) Added 'Safely Remove Devices' on Devices Page -- Beta. --- To use the Safely Remove USB Drives function navigate to the ‘Devices’ page and press the Green Button on the Remote. A new page will be launched with a drop list of available USB drives that can be dismounted. Select the drive you want to dismount and press ‘Enter’ and X2 will then Safely remove the drive. Note:
USB Drives that are being read from or written to in Samba Nas mode will not be dismounted. This functionality is currently in development.
2) Fixed LPCM problem of loosing center channel when skipping and changing chapters
3) Fixed m3u Playlist icon image
4) Update 'Set to Skin' Functionality
5) General Bug fixesEmergency Procedure
Download the latest Mede8er Firmware from www.mede8erforum.com
. UnZIP or UnRAR or join with HJ Split and will find one file named install.img. Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive. Plug the flash drive into the Mede8er. Unplug the power to the X2. Plug the power jack back in and hold the ON/OFF button on the Mede8er (not the remote) down for 15sec and then release. After the firmware has been checked (+-5-10sec) it will start to update. You will see the update progress on your TV. Do not remove power during the Firmware Update procedure . PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARES -- NAS SETUP
Use the My_Shortcuts method as shown in this demo http://www.mede8er.com/Mede8er_X2_Add_Shortcut.html
PUBLIC SHARES -- PC / NAS
Please check this out for lastest information on known issues;-http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,8057.0.html