Author Topic: Network: Mede8er Connector when issues to connect your PC to Med internal disk  (Read 21216 times)

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
When having problems to connect to your internal mede8er disk over the network from a pc:

Try Mede8er HDD Connector Tool:
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmwares_Beta/MEDE8ER_Connector_V1.0.2/Mede8er_HDD_Connector_v1.2.zip

First be sure you have enabled NAS to on in setup (and have an internal HDD in your Mede8er)

1] Fill in the right hostname (if you changed the default in mede8er setup)
2] Press on search
3] Select the Mede8er found
4] Press on Mount
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:01:35 pm by Maasbommel »
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline m0aur

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Fell over a few times, but worked in the end. Now all we need is for the 500X2 to stay connected to the network in standby, because each time the 500X2 is powered the HDD has to be re-mounted with the software which createds many examples of the HDD on the PC, with all but the latest one unusable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:41:10 pm by m0aur »

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
I guess your ip number is changing then, because otherwise the created drive letter should be usable again.

That's just a thing that comes with TCP/IP and windows filesharing - difficult to change that.

Offline m0aur

Nah, been running out of pool fixed iP for ages to try and get this beast to behave. It,s running OK now if I select the same drive letter to connect.

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
The program is to be used once if you have the reconnect after reboot selected.
That will create a driveletter linked to ip.

If the mede8er ip is fixed, that should work fine.

Offline morgoth

This program does not work. Auto detection does find the Mede8er  and the correct (fixed) IP address but trying to mount it after that by pressing the button doesn't do anything.
I do get a popup along the way. No idea why or what it means.
---------------------------
Note: E-trayz not supported yet, do not try to mount!
OK   
Why does this have to be so damn difficult or even impossible up till now...i got more than 10 network devices with samba and NONE has any problem and comes even close to being such a pain in the ass as the 500X2..bah.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
How many devices?   Ever checked the maximum number of devices in a workgroup...or the maximum number of concurrent network connections any device can support with a particuler operating system?

Mounting trys to make a connection..even when you  don't need it. So if your busy mounting everything...you will hit the concurent connection limit.

Offline morgoth

I don't have THAT many devices and they are also not always all turned on. Why do I often get the feeling you come up with (lame) excuses all the time? No offense..i DO appreciate the replies and I know you only want to help but nevertheless it's the feeling that I get..can't help that..
I'm not mounting everything..I'm just trying to use your "own" tool Mede8er Connector only to try to mount the Mede8er which as I stated is found by its IP. YET mounting does not work!!

And how about the E-trayz error? What's that?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
This tool is only able to mount a mede8er shared drive and not an E-Trayz share to your pc, thats the warning message you get.

Offline morgoth

I don't even know what an E-Trayz share is...Why wont the tool work Maasbommel even when it does see the Mede8ers IP address?

Offline EU Mede8er Technical Team

• NL Support Forum
Hi,

Please contact our Europe Support team, We can help you with support on distance and make all corrections needed in able to get the Mede8er HDD connected on your Computer. support@mede8er.eu or 010-7142861 till 20:00 houre
Kind Regards,

Mede8er Support Team

Offline morgoth

I appreciate the effort to try to help out. I have contacted the Support Team. Unfortunately they were not able to help me out and my Mede8er still does not work as advertised (which means no NAS).

Offline danielf

Hi Guys,

Have the same problem connecting Win7 to 500x2. The 500x2 connects to the router fine, (Netgear DGN2200) however the PC cannot pick up the Mede8er even after rebooting both. I have tried to download the HDD tool but I get a 404 error when I try to connect. Oddly enough the error seems to have started when I upgraded the firmware to 2.07 2 days ago. I have trurned NAS on.

Regards

Offline danielf

Was able to download the HDD Tool, will give it a bash. Used the following link

http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmwares_Beta/MEDE8ER_Connector_V1.0.2/Mede8er_HDD_Connector_v1.2.zip

Thanks mede8er1

Regards

Offline ZackPixel

Hi mede8er folks!

I try since 6 months for a simpel connect from my windows 7 (x64) client to the MED500X2 (Firmware 2.0.7)!

I try all the hints (including registry-hacking)  in this forum like this:

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,596.0.html
or this
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,1409.msg10297.html#msg10297

or the mede8er connector v1.2 !

NOTHING WORKS !!!! >:( >:( >:(  I curse the day when I replaced my MED500X against MED500X2! With the MED500X I had NO problems with the access from Windows 7 (x64) to the MEDE8ER-HDD !

The support team of Mede8er is not responding! Presumably, the support answers only for the latest mede8er products!

I bought the MED500X2 because he has WiFi antenna and USB 3.0 - Support! The simple connect from my Win7 PC to the mede8er-HDD doesn't works and the USB 3.0 support works only with a PC with USB 3.0 - NOT with USB 3.0 Stick and not with a USB 3.0 - external HDD!

But my main problem is the connect from WIN7 (x64) to the 2 TB internal HDD of my MED500X2!

Some informations:
- WLAN
- MED500X2 get connect to the WWW over my WLAN router (FritzBox 7270) - no problem !
- MED500X2 NAS is on !
- Hostename is mede8er
- mede8er connector v1.2 finds the mede8er not over hostname, but over IP adresses
  and can't mount the HDD to network drive! No Error message!
- ping to the mede8er from win7 is ok !
- if i type \\mede8er or ,y IP-Adress in the WinExplorer, i get the Error:
   UNKNOWN ERROR , Errorcode: 0x80004005

I despair with this unit ... although the Mede8er is not a bad product.

Can anyone give me please a working solution?

Regards
Zack