Author Topic: 3D TV audio out of sync / firmware V4.0.5  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Erebeer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
3D TV audio out of sync / firmware V4.0.5
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:14:45 pm »
Hi all!

I have a question about the mede8er 500X and playing 3D mkv files.

There is always an audio delay when playing the 3D movie on my Philips PDL 7906 (HDMI connected).

I understand this is due to the pipeline of  3DTV. I searched the support forums about this issue but none of the "solutions" work (like play the movie in 1080i etc).

I frequently come back to the support forums to check for a solution but alas. You might be able to understand when i noticed there was a new firmware update (V4.0.5 from nov 2011) and had great hopes. I thought it would be really easy to add a manual audio delay option so one could remove the delay themselves.

You probably can also understand my disappointment when there was no such feature in the new firmware even after alot of people would benefit or have requested such a feature on the forums. I'm rather disillusioned at the moment with Mede8er and the fact they apperently do not read they own support forums or feature requests.

Ofcourse this also just might be a marketing-trick of Mede8er so we all need to buy new devices while most people are upgrading to 3D tv's nowadays. Anyways my question is if someone already found a solution for this issue?

My friends have other branded mediaplayers with no problems and as I'm the laughing-stock at the moment  with my mede8er 500X.

So anyone have a solution besides buying a new mediaplayer or receiver with audio delay?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Kind Regards

Erik

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
Re: 3D TV audio out of sync / firmware V4.0.5
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:10:31 pm »
Perhaps you could email philips and ask why they are able to send out lip sync requests to external HDMI amps...but are incapable of doing the same to their own internal amp?

I'm sure they would say they send lip sync to sources..but that isn't strictly true in practice.

Offline Erebeer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »
Update:

Had multiple contacts with Philips about the issue with no result. They simply claim it works for alot of other branded mediaplayers. (other 3D TV brands also have this issue with the mede8er) Too bad.. so no 3D MKV's on a mede8er... time for a popcorm mediaplayer (www.popcornhour.com) or one of the new android mediaplayers ones.

No more mede8ers for me :)

Kind Regards

Erik

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:36:15 pm »
As I said, "all" 3d tv's have issues with devices which don't support hdmi 1.3 lip sync. The 1073 and the 1185 chips don't support HDMI 1.3 Lip Sync.  If you have a top  quality 2d TV which only needs CEA-EDID, then chips like the 1073 and 1185 are perfectly matched.

No product can say it won't work with future products..becuase it can't test for that. It's up to the latest kit to make it paramountly clear they have issues with old kit..becuase old kit already exists and can be tested against. The 3D TV makers have created this mess, and are getting away with it..as it's clearly small companies like Sanji that get the blame..not the big boys like Samsung and Philips.