Author Topic: Music Jukebox. Get Ready! (FAQ with Videos)  (Read 117713 times)

Offline bretter

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Music Jukebox. Get Ready! (FAQ with Videos)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »
Hi,

I already used this earlier script (FW  2.0.4). No succes. Als tried other scripts from the export-list.

Every map is already shared. On my laptop, C:\ is shared and C:\Music\ map is shared and on the Mede8er, E:\ (HDD) also completely shared and E:\ Music\ also.

You mean create an extra folder like E:\parenfolder\music\  ?
The manual makes no mention about that.

I have no problem copying the music-folder (with subfolders, tracklist and music-files) from C:\ (laptop) to E:\ (mede8er) within windows explorer (XP). I can see all the folders, songs and tracklist on E:\

I think the problem lies somewhere within Tagscanner.
Whatever I try, Tagscanner keeps adding VORBIS tags to the Flac-files … and the 1000X3D cannot cope with this, only with ID3 tags.

I hope, the person who made this:

http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_music_jukebox_flac_tags.mp4

… can shine some light on this issue. :o

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
Whatever I try, Tagscanner keeps adding VORBIS tags to the Flac-files … and the 1000X3D cannot cope with this, only with ID3 tags.

The concept is different:
- Mede8er can only scan mp3 tags when you do a scan of favorite link.
- when you have other media like flacs, you need to use the special tagscan script, scan with tagscan, export the Tracklist.XML file with that special script.
Tagscan will then put the right tags for the Flac files in the Tracklist.XML
Then scan the folder where the Tracklist.XML is in with your Mede8er.
The Mede8er will buld the .db file from the tracklist.xml, not from scanning the files itself.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline bretter

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
Hi, Maasbommel,

I already used the mede8er tagscript (tried both XX_Mede8er ... V1.02 and XX_Mede8er ... Group_by_Artist) with no succes.
Doesn't matter if I scan the Tracklist directly in the Music-folder, or after I made the Music-folder a favourite.

This is what I did, step by step:

1. Connect laptop to the Mede8er (with blue USB cable) and open Windows Explorer (Win XP).
2. Turn on Mede8er.
3. Make connection with E:\
Where E:\ is the internal HDD on the Med (according to my laptop when connected with the blue USB cable).

4. Make a folder on the Mede8er, called MUSIC.
Result: Mede8er looks like this: E:\Music\

5. Copy the album-folder with the (untagged) FLAC files (songs) from laptop to Mede8er.
Result:. Mede8er looks like this: E:\Music\CSNY_dejaVu

... where...
Music is the Root-folder,
CSNY_dejavu is the album-folder.
The album-folder contains the songs (01-title1.flac, 02-title2.flac, 03-title3.flac, etc...) and the folder.jpg (cover photo).

6. Open Tagscanner (5.1) and go to TAG EDITOR TAB.
Open the path (below on the screen) E:\Music\
Result: In the File Panel List I can see all the FLAC files (songs) I just copied to the Med.

7. Go to TAG EDITOR TAB and fill in the fields for each song in the main window (right side of the screen).
In my case: track, title, artist, album, album-artist, year and genre.
Additionally, make a link to the folder.jpg for showing a picture of the albumcover.

8. On TAG EDITOR TAB, save every song (highlight and SAVE). The songs are now tagged. I know this because each song is  about 25kb larger now and when I import these songs in another program, I can see they're tagged.

9. Go to MUSIC RENAMER TAB and rename the songs with this string: %track%-%title% (according to p28 manual).
Highlight all the songs and RENAME.
Result: On the Med, the songs are now renamed with the right names.

10. For Tag checking: Go to the TAG PROCESSOR TAB, highlight the songs and click PREVIEW. On the RESULTS tab you can see all the fields, the songs are tagged with. I'll see the same fields as described in step 7:  track, title, artist, album, album-artist, year and genre.

11. Go to LISTMAKER TAB: highlight all the songs, choose the script (XX_Mede8er-Export_XML_Groip_by_Artist) and export.
Result: the Tracklist.xml is now in the music folder, as it should be according to the manual. You can see the tracklist, 4 posts earlier.

The Mede8er looks like this now:
E:\Music\CSNY_dejaVu
E:\Music\Tracklist

End Result:
The Tracklist.xml is in the Music folder, the album-folder (CSNY_dejavu) contains the renamed and tagged tracks (01-cary on, 02-teach your children, 03-almost cut my hair, etc...) and the folder.jpg (cover photo).

9. Unplug the blue USB cable and the Mede8er is starting up.

10. On the Mede8er: Scanning the Music folder results in the message "No ID3 Tag information found". I'll get the same message after I added the Music-folder as a favourite and scan this favourite.

Remaining problem:
The Med cannot build a database (music.db) and I can only play the individual songs.  :-\

Did I miss something ? ... are the above 2 scripts OK for FLAC tags ?

Med player: 1000X3D
FW: v1.05
HDD: WD Blue 750 GB (WD7500BPVT), http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=800
Software: Tagscanner 5.1

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
Have you tested Video Jukebox as well?  We are getting scanning issues reported with that..as if .bd's can  neither be created or replaced.

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
bretter

Not sure if this may be the issue -- you have it listed in your post as 'Tracklist.xml' and it should be 'TrackList.xml'
so maybe its case sensitive.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline bretter

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
Have you tested Video Jukebox as well?

No Jer, sorry,

i'm a music freak (not a movie freak) ... so first trying to make the music jukebox operational...  8)  ... and that's difficult enough.

you have it listed in your post as 'Tracklist.xml' and it should be 'TrackList.xml'
so maybe its case sensitive.

The manual also speaks of TrackList.xml but the script saves it as Tracklist.xml. Neither work, so I don't think it's case sensitive.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »
No Jer, sorry,

i'm a music freak (not a movie freak) ... so first trying to make the music jukebox operational...  8)  ... and that's difficult enough.

But we don't know if you have a Music Jukebox bug we are unaware of, or a general scanning issue that others are also  reporting.

There is a test movie jukebox demo  you can download. You can try deleting the .db and recreating it with a scan.

Offline bretter

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
OK, jer,

I will download the movie jukebox demo, where can I find it ?

what about the offline scantool, it's for X2 but will it work on X3 also ?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Video_JukeBox_Demo_20July2012.rar

The offline tool is for the Movie Jukebox..the database is different.

Offline bretter

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
OK Jer,

I tested the Movie Jukebox-DEMO (20-july-2012) and Music jukebox-DEMO (Music_demo_final_28_feb2012).

Movie jukebox-DEMO:
Works, when I copy alle the files (including the Mede8er.db) to the Mede8er.

Music jukebox-DEMO (mp3 files, no flac !):
Works, when I copy alle the files (including the Music.db) to the Mede8er.

but .... when I delete the .db files from both jukeboxes (one after another, not at the same time) strange things are happening.

First I see that the .db files are recreated by both jukeboxes.

But then ...

1. I added both demos to my Favourites, this works. After that, when I go to Favourites I see the 2 folders.
I can easy enter the Music-DEMO folder, but when I go to the Movie-DEMO folder, the Med replies: "No match info!",  followed by showing 3 sub-folders: 1)HD_2011 2)HD_2012 3)01.mkv.
Entering HD_2011 and HD_2012 is possible and you see the moviepictures.
Clicking on a picture gives no return ... only a blue screen. Before I deleted the .db files there was extended info on this screen.

2. After a restart, all Favourites are deleted. Making new Favourites for both Music jukebox-DEMO and Movie jukebox-DEMO gives the same response for the Movie jukebox-DEMO as described above.

3. After a 2nd restart, all Favourites are deleted again. Making new Favourites for both Music jukebox-DEMO and Movie jukebox-DEMO now gives the same response for BOTH demo's: "No match info !"
After the "No match info !", there are no SEARCH entry's any more (Menu button on remote) for BOTH demo's.
You can't search on genre, year, name ... or whatever.

4. You can't add a Folder on your HDD (Movie Jukebox-DEMO and/or Music jukebox-DEMO) to your Favourites after you just deleted this favourite. You have to completely restart the Med again.

5. After every restart, Favourites are gone.

So, still some issues here ... looks like the Med has some problems making or recreating .db files.
Perhaps that has something to do with my problems to make a FLAC music.db

On FLAC files, Mede8er has an example:
http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_music_jukebox_flac_tags.mp4

Q: can I get c.q. is there a download (zip) of this jukebox for testing ?

If you need more info, let me know.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »
No, we don't need anything else at the moment.  Everything you describe looks like you can't create new files, such  as databses and favourites..without locking up  the journal  file.  This is why your music scan  fails...

What player are you using and which  firmware?  This thread is in x2, but an X3 users could easily be trying out Music Juebox and read this thread.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:46:44 PM by jer1956 »

Offline bretter

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:40 AM »

Med player: 1000X3D
FW: v1.05
HDD: WD Blue 750 GB (WD7500BPVT), http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=800
Software: Tagscanner 5.1

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
Is the samba/network server on?

Offline bretter

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »

Is the samba/network server on?

no, on the SETUP / NETWORK TAB everything  is OFF.

I don't use LAN, NAS, WiFi or whatever ..... just use the Med as an external USB drive (p10 manual) by  connecting  my laptop (with the blue USB cable) to it, to transfer files.
Don't have problems with transferring files, only with the Scanning of it, but we already knew that ...

... without locking up  the journal  file

don't know what this means, anything I can do about that ?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict