Long time reader, ex. WDTV user, frist post.
I did not have ANY problems with playback from internal hdd or streaming of mkvs from wireless windows 7 laptop to wired med500x2. Copying tends to slows down to a crawl, but hey - its wifi.
I have internal WD30EZRX western digital green 3 tb sata 3 hdd formated on 2.0.3 firmware.
Since I upgraded med500x2 with v2.0.3, I had:
- several reboots and couple of dark gray screen freezes (pulling the plug type freez)
- open folder from favorites or browser in jukebox mode (with fan art generated with yamj) view of a movie info, click play, then click prev track remote button. You get a movie list with art. When you press prev track button again - folder thumbs get replaced by blue icons without folder names. When you press it again - you get strange blue icons. Another press on prev track - rebaoots med500x2. My folder contained only subfolders each with one video file and fan art.
- when only folders are present each with one video file, when playing movie - remote buttons prev / next track buttons do not go to files in next/prev foldes
- when viewing video, pressing prev/next buttons do not save current position nor ask to resume playback from position where prev/next button was pressed. However if you stop the playback and resume it, clicking prev/next buttons will resume to stopped positions. Very strange.
- middle remote button, when playing does not pause/resumes. It did that. It should again, remote is too confusing and pause/play button is too small. Imho.
- 60gb folder move from one folder to another folder on internal hdd frozed it, corrupted filesystem on internal hdd (i fixed it and moved the folder by connecting via usb to pc)
- browsing internet - browsing flickr pictures rebooted it, random other reboots when surfing
- browsing of image files in general causes different type of hangs (i can reproduce hangs on same pictures)
- on 30 min spindown interval, internal wd did not want to wake up. Hdd info didnt show any info about disk. However i now have 5 min spin down, and eveything works. It spins up with a notice and works.
But hey, i was playing mkv on my plasma the other day for my wife, and streaming another divx to my iphone via upnp and it just worked flawless.
Keep up the good work guys!