Author Topic: 4.0.4 & 4.05 DVD-Plugin defect. Using an external DVD reader is not possible  (Read 11506 times)

Offline HHH

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Mede8er model: MED500X
Internal hard disk:  Samung HD203WI 2TB 3.5" SATA
Networked: CAT5e connected to Wireless Bridge (WRT-54GS with DD-WRT) to Fritzbox 7170
Networked devices (incl. make/model of router + OS of computers): PC Windows 7 64bit streaming to Mede8er, Laptop Windows 7 32bit streaming to Mede8er, external HDD at Fritzbox 7170
Display device type:  CRT TV
Display device make and model: Tevion
Audio connection type: Example: SCART
Audio output device: Example: TV audio only
Additional relevant equipment: Examples:Samsung external DVD Writer SE-S084 as DVD Player connected by USB to Mede8er (2 USB Jacks for more power, connection with 1 USB jack works too)

Beginning from Version 4.0.4 and also with 4.0.5. The DVD-Plugin which enables the use of a external USB-DVD-Reader is broken Flashed 4.0.5 and did all the settings from the beginning without restoring old settings. Version 4 works.
DVDs start but you see only a black screen or just the first few seconds.

V4 -> DVD Plugin worked.
Flashed to 4.0.4 ->DVD Plugin broken, screensaver issue
Flashed to 4.0 -> DVD worked, screensaver issue gone
Flashed to 4.0.5 ->DVD Plugin broken, screensaver issue gone
Flashed V4 to check ->DVD Plugin worked, screensaver issue gone
Flashed back to 4.0.5 yesterday evening ->DVD Plugin broken screensaver issue gone

FYI: I never restore old settings!

Can anybody confirm this?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
4.0.5 is only a tweak to  code for "two" problems that sanji can change in 4.0.4. Nothing else changed. Problems in the SDK...which realtek have stopped developing, couldn't be fixed by a rebuild.

Offline HHH

That's the same answer which was given to all who had the screensaver bug.   Now the screensaver bug is gone, mysteriously done by sanji without realtek developing a new SDK.
Sorry this seems to be a standard answer without any proof/deeper information or anything BUG-> Realteks SDK fault.  I don't belive this anymore.

Also Sanji bugfixed several thinbs in 4.0.2 Beta Version covering the DVD-Player /DVD-Subtitles without an new SDK mybe they "bugged" it instead og bugfixed it.

Gimme the SDK, the additional Sanji SourceCode and some time and we'll see...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:48:36 PM by HHH »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
You posted wanting confirmation that this Final Release had a problem. I confirmed that only two of the outstanding problems where fixed. Sanji never said everything was fixed in 4.0.5. These issues did have a root cuase in the SDK. They found  ways to  bypass these particuler problems. They had too with the subtiles...as the 1185 SDK has the same problem. So the work that went into sorting that out for the X2 was then applied to the X1.

Offline Mario67

I have the same DVD-burner here (SE-S084). I've tested it today my 500x today (connected through a single USB cable). I've played a DVD (a copy, not original) for several minutes without any issues. I use FW 4.04 (no HD Audio version).

Offline smallfish

i know this thread is old, but still a quick confirmaton.
PLaying (non-encrypted) DVD content from random dvd usb players as well.
Using the shizzl mod, based on 4.04.

\sf