I am very new to all this stuff. Please can someone help me get my head around all this jukebox stuff.
As I understand it, the jukebox works like this:
1. Y2M is a GUI and skin for YAMJ.
2. YAMJ scans your files and folders and uses that info to search various sources on the web for artwork and info.
3. YAMJ then converts all the info to an xml based jukebox.
4. When I click on the "Run YAMJ to Mede8er" button in Y2M, the YAMJ jukebox is scanned for all the info and artwork for the movies and converts them to jpegs which it then puts in the actual movie folders.
5. When I then browse the Mede8er with the remote, it shows me the generated jpegs from the actual movie folders and not
the xml files from the YAMJ jukebox.
6. Because the jpgs are not interactive, the functionality from the xml based jukebox is lost. eg: clickable links for series and TV shows. All it does is plays the first playable file it finds in the folder even if the name is not the same as the title reflected in the artwork.
7. There are other GUI's for YAMJ such as Thumbgen, that allow you more control over the generated jpegs through templates, like choosing fanart and so on, but these still do the same thing in the end on the Mede8er - it just takes longer with all the fiddling and so on. You can get something more to your liking if you don't like the style or layout of the standard generated info pages from Y2M, but the functionality of the Mede8er itself is not affected.
8. If I manually change the jpegs in the movie folders, Y2M will not overwrite these when run again. To regenerate them, I have to delete the jpegs in the movie folders. If the generated jpegs are wrong, I have to fix the filenames or use .nfo files so that YAMJ returns the correct info on the next scan. The new info won't show up on the Mede8er unless I first delete all the old jpegs in the movie folders and then run YAMJ to Mede8er to recreate new jpegs from the new info. Sometimes I also have to delete the xml and associated files from the jukebox and rescan to correct the info they reflect.
9. If I fiddle with the xml files, they also won't be overwritten by YAMJ unless they are first deleted and YAMJ regenerates then on the next scan.
Have I got this all correct in my head or am I completely off course!?
Please help me with your comments and correct my thinking. Once I get this straight in my head, then I think a lot of the other problems and issues I am having will fall away or at least be a lot easier to solve.
Thanks in advance for you time