I've created a small app that will read through a folder and sub folders, and create the XML files used by the new Mede8er to display movie information.
Open the application, select your root movie folder, and click OK.
The files will be named according to the folder name. For example:
M:\Movies\Animated\A Bug's Life\MovieInfo.tvixie --> M:\Movies\Animated\A Bug's Life\A Bug's Life.xml
Please note that it does not use all the information from the recently released TViXIE 1.3.3, but it won't crash if it reads that file.
The following information is used from the TViXIE file:
- Rating (I use t.Rating * 10)
- Outline = Plot
- Runtime (Formatted from minutes to hh:mm)
I hope this helps the TViXIE users among us enjoy the same benefits as the YAMJ users
PS. I am willing to share the source code if anyone wants to tinker [UPDATE 2012/02/13]
I've rewritten the program in Java which means that it can now run on Mac as well.
2M8R.zip is the Java version (runs on all platforms)
TViXIE2M8RSetup.zip is the Windows only version
1. Now uses the Title of the movie to create the XML file
2. Can convert ACRyan, Tomy, TViXIE and YAMJ files.[UPDATE 2012/08/04]
2M8R_Java.zip is the Java version (runs on all platforms)
2M8R_.Net.zip is the Windows only version
1. The output files of both versions are now (mostly) identical
2. Populated some additional fields for the Java version (Director, Country, Outline)
3. Fixed a bug in the Java program with permissions to folders created by Windows[UPDATE 2012/09/02]
1. Fixed a bug in the .Net version where the Rating would be calculated incorrectly (TViXIE always uses '.' as the decimal separator rather than the system default)[UPDATE 2012/11/06]
1. Both versions changed to support Sick Break's *.nfo files
2. Rewritten the Java version to improve the interface[UPDATE 2012/11/07]
1. Just a mention that the NFO files supported is TVRenamer (sorry for the miscommunication)
2. .Net version changes
2.1 "Outline" is renamed to "episodedetails" for displaying the plot in series view
2.2 The Year is now populated
2.3 The error message popping up when clicking the OK button twice is now fixed[UPDATE 2012/11/24]
1. New option on the main screen where you can specify a default Genre if no Genres were found
Please let me know if any bugs found.