Author Topic: new fw release  (Read 39099 times)

Offline pikka68

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • Italy
Re: new fw release
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 06:29:23 am »
Seems to lengthen the list of old customers disappointed !
I am also disappointed that this policy .... :(

Sanji is silent!  :'(

greetings Pikka68

Offline Bov

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 08:52:04 am »
I purchased my mx500 a month or 2 prior to the x2 being released (without the knowledge of the x2 coming out), I was told that there are constant FW updates on the mede8er, so I must admit I'm VERY upset about this, for the price I paid for the mx500 I could have just purchased an entry level pc box and used that as a centre.

Not acceptable.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 09:57:40 am »
Sanji are not behaving any differently from others in this market using realtek and sigma chips. I had two tvix units before trying sanji. I had to upgrade on each ocasiion becuase sigma stopped supporting older chips.

Bigger companies which create thier owndeignes, and software, can support them indefinitly if they so chose.

So learn from this......but don't go thinking telling your freinds to buy Ryan or Xstreamer is the answer.

Offline poucarda

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
I also feel disappointed that my MED500 is not being supported anymore with updated FW releases. I just received an email about an update for the MED500X2 - I cannot do [CENSORED] with that email as I own an "old" MED500X.  

SANJI:. I definately will not be buying anymore products from your company if this situation remains the same, and I will definately spread the word among friends about this.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:28:17 pm by poucarda »

Offline drfruit

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 10:04:51 pm »
Seriously, how can you send me a message about a brand new V2 firmware, after I have had to put up with faulty, deficient firmware since I bought my MED500X, and then just ignore all MED500X users.
I have bought a PCH 210 as my second mediaplayer because of lacking support from Mede8er, and will certainly never again buy a Mede8er product.

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 10:13:45 pm »
Seriously, how can you send me a message about a brand new V2 firmware, after I have had to put up with faulty, deficient firmware since I bought my MED500X, and then just ignore all MED500X users.
I have bought a PCH 210 as my second mediaplayer because of lacking support from Mede8er, and will certainly never again buy a Mede8er product.

I just looked at your previous post to find out what you meant with deficient faulty firmware.
Found one post regarding screensaver set to off and still coming on.
Is that the one thing your still mean regarding faulty deficient FW?
Only some suffer from that and as far I am aware if you set screensaver to default there is no issues for those.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline drfruit

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 10:54:00 pm »
I just looked at your previous post to find out what you meant with deficient faulty firmware.
Found one post regarding screensaver set to off and still coming on.
Is that the one thing your still mean regarding faulty deficient FW?
Only some suffer from that and as far I am aware if you set screensaver to default there is no issues for those.
Yes, blame the client. That will certainly win you back your disappointed customers. The fact that I have not complained more, after my first complaint never got resolved, is certainly a good reason to discredit me.

As an early adopter who has been buying many mediaplayers from before HD even existed, and who has spent thousands on many different models, I chose the Mede8er because of the reputation of good firmware support.

Unfortunately, even finding the right version of the one update that became available since then, was not easy. The reason not more people complain, is simply because with the different forums in different languages, different versions of firmware for models that buyers don't even know which one they have, and minor/major update versions, most just give up trying.

But then, the whole mediaplayer scene is about to be extinct anyway because of other developments like tv's with built-in mediaplayer functionality and the new cable platforms with built in media sharing capability. So why even bother about simplicity and looking from a customer point of view?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11:27 pm »
Yes, blame the client. That will certainly win you back your disappointed customers. The fact that I have not complained more, after my first complaint never got resolved, is certainly a good reason to discredit me.

As an early adopter who has been buying many mediaplayers from before HD even existed, and who has spent thousands on many different models, I chose the Mede8er because of the reputation of good firmware support.

Unfortunately, even finding the right version of the one update that became available since then, was not easy. The reason not more people complain, is simply because with the different forums in different languages, different versions of firmware for models that buyers don't even know which one they have, and minor/major update versions, most just give up trying.

But then, the whole mediaplayer scene is about to be extinct anyway because of other developments like tv's with built-in mediaplayer functionality and the new cable platforms with built in media sharing capability. So why even bother about simplicity and looking from a customer point of view?

I dont blame the client.... I am just a client like you and don't work for Mede8er....
I was just asking a simple question regarding a problem but it is clear that you were not looking for a response on that.

From your answer I understand there is a deeper thing, not the screensaver issue - as you found a lower version V4 firmware that was the solution for you. It is about not getting latest new fw with new features, as it only works on the second generation X2 line HW.

Sure - focus on those tv's with embedded features.
I also own 2. FW development on that TV platforms - that is the same.
If you want new features - you need to buy a new TV. and the cycle is fast. Faster then the Mede8er cycle to a new generation if you look back.
FW development on the 500X/400X started on release of the product September 2009.
It lasted until March 2011. Thats around 1,5 year. Within this period there were bugfixes and new features introduced. Thats really not bad if you compare that with other brands - it is very long.
If you compare it to the TVs you are talking about - they can play less - and firmware development often only is some months. Then a new TV comes out and it stops......
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:21:14 pm by Maasbommel »
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline tomtom

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
I was also disappointed to get an e-mail, download the firmware in the belief X2 was a cool name for V2, only to find out X2 was a completely different mediaplayer than the one I have. Knowing I won't get a new update, and that, no offense, the user interface still looks poor on the X2, I'm going to start looking around for a new mediaplayer. Fortunately, I bought mine "only" 10 months or so ago.

Offline bocombo

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:02 am »
Like many, I am disappointed because I get mail for the new firmware, but only for MEDX2. I possess MED500X and I will buy a new mediaplayer... but, bye-bye SANJI, Mede8er. The future is Xtreamer, with incredible features, and for the same (or less) money, everyone can see:

http://www.xtreamer.net/xtreamer-prodigy-upgraded/

(By the way, why you could not put in MED500X2 Realtek RTD1186?)
Excuse me, this is not an advertisement for a competitor's product, but pure reality, and I regret that I must part with MED product that has served me great, but it treads the time...

Offline greywall

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 12:39:02 pm »
Like many, I am disappointed because I get mail for the new firmware, but only for MEDX2. I possess MED500X and I will buy a new mediaplayer... but, bye-bye SANJI, Mede8er. The future is Xtreamer, with incredible features, and for the same (or less) money, everyone can see:

http://www.xtreamer.net/xtreamer-prodigy-upgraded/

(By the way, why you could not put in MED500X2 Realtek RTD1186?)
Excuse me, this is not an advertisement for a competitor's product, but pure reality, and I regret that I must part with MED product that has served me great, but it treads the time...

If you're looking for an alternative to Med X2 player, the Xtreamer Prodigy is less suitable.

Many promises and little substance.  ::)

You've seen how many things they lack everything they had promised in the specification?
I say you someone:
1. Lacks Flash support in android and via internal browser;
2. There are no app to watch videos on megavideo;
3. Apple Airplay doesn't work;
4. the keyboard that often starts to write in Cyrillic or Chinese or Japanese.
5. Where is the Video Jukebox that they had shouted to the 4 winds
6. last but not least ... so many bugs in software that send the player often in freezing.

So if you're looking for a solid alternative, I suggest you stay away from Xtreamer, also because this Brand does not enjoy good reputation. ;)
Please read here:
http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22682
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:04:11 pm by greywall »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »
Sanji do not rush to market when a chip is first available. They prefer to wait until the realtek sdk is mature enough to match their standards. That is why the 1185 is their current chip, and for others the 1185 is an old chip, soon to be replaced.

So you either "buy in" into this delayed release philosopy, or you buy into being "first" , or even "premature" in the case of xtreamer, and suffer the adverse consequences.

Offline tachita_

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:46 pm »
regarding flash ......

it will not be any official flash support  for  gadgets ..... only if someone (Sanji, playon, etc) want it

flash is replaced by html5

Offline greywall

• Experienced Member
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 10:28:19 am »
flash is replaced by html5

Yes, but only in 2014...maybe.  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 10:55:19 am »
Yes, and flash in htnl will be hardware dependent. A PC already plays flash via the cpu, so it's no problem playing the embeded flash via html5. But a mediaplayer cannot play flash using the cpu...support for html5 would require the  browser to be linked to the codec chip. The current browser architecture on the 1185 cannot do that.  So it isn't as simple as just replacing the current browser with a generic html5 browser.