Author Topic: Thumbgen-Glyn Template  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Frankrose

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Thumbgen-Glyn Template
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:41:40 PM »
Hi

I am using Thumbgen to generate my movies... about and folder jpgs in my movie folders ,I have over 500 movies . What is the quickest way to change the templates, , in other words what are the setting I need in Thumbgen.

Using the setting I have now takes approx a couple of minutes for each movie.

Apologizes if I have not used the correct phraseology to describe  my requirement .

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: Thumbgen-Glyn Template
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
If you have downloaded my templates make sure that each is in it's seperate folder and that they are in a folder called "Templates" within the "Thumbgen" Folder which is usally itself in the "Program Files" or "Program Files X86" folder on your system drive. So usually:
C:\Program Files\Thumbgen\Templates\GlynRS2 movie sheet
Also make sure that the "Common" folder is copied into your "Templates" folder.

Follow Maasbommel's guide to setting up your profile to work best for the Mede8er, available HERE.
My Mede8er Movies profile is set up for me being based in the UK, so you may want to change some of the regional settings to suit you.

So the quickest way to use Thumbgen is to make sure that you have the correct profile selected. Then select process folder/files. For the first run it may be worth just selecting one folder or file and running it manually to check everything is set up alright. Then if that works and all you movies are in seperate folders, just direct Thumbgen to to root folder for your collection and run in automatic mode. For 500 movies it may take some time, but you can leave it running overnight and it will work through them in that time. Just check the results the next day. occasionally you may find a movie where it can't find a name match, in which case just re-run it as process manually.

i hope that helps

:)
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline Frankrose

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Thumbgen-Glyn Template
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »

Sounds good to me thanks for your quick return