Author Topic: Please explain Tvixie / Movie GUI Builder  (Read 6839 times)

Offline majin_lyndon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Please explain Tvixie / Movie GUI Builder
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:33:52 am »
I've been messing about with these two programs for hours but can't seem to get the right result  >:(

So I scrape for info, get it all and render. I browse a movie folder and there is a folder.jpg and an about.jpg. The about.jpg is  what I just rendered.

Now browsing to the movie folder on the Mede8er, all it shows are the movie and two jpgs located in the folder. I thought that clicking the folder would bring up all the info etc. on the movie.

This can't be right can it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline TimoLimo

• B8a Tester
Re: Please explain Tvixie / Movie GUI Builder
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 03:29:01 am »
Hi majin_lyndon,

For now, I've done the following to get some sort of cover art + movie info thing working:

Let's say I have the following folder structure, a list of my movies:

Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3

In each folder I've put a folder.jpg (cover art) so that when I browse the list of movies, I see the cover art in the preview window.
Inside each movie-folder, I've also added an Info-folder (or _Info, to make sure it's the first folder in the list), which contains an about.jpg (movie info).
So my structure inside each movie-folder is:

Code: [Select]
Movie 1
|___ _Info
|        |_____ about.jpg
|___ folder.jpg
|___ movie1.avi/.mkv/.m2ts/.iso
|___ movie1.srt

So whenever I enter a movie folder, the cursor is placed automatically on the _Info folder, and I see the description/movie info in the preview window (using the Slow-button to zoom-in/out).

Maybe others can suggest better ways to organise your stuff (and mine)? :)

I'm hoping folder.jpg and about.jpg (or whatever the naming convention will be) are processed automatically by the mede8er (and hidden in the file browser). It's already a feature/enhancement request, if I'm not mistaken.

Greetz,
Timo

Mede8er model: Mede8er FW 4.0.5 (non-DD+)
Hard disk: WD Caviar Green 2TB, WD20EADS,
Network: CAT6 LAN 100Mbit/1Gbit, connected through D-Link DIR-655 router and D-Link DGS-1008D switch
PC: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
NAS: Thecus N7700 (NFS+Samba)
Display device: 50" Pioneer KRP-500A, connected via HDMI
Audio: Yamaha RX-V2095 via COAX S/PDIF

Offline Insomniac

• Moder8or
  • B8a Tester
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 03:56:41 am »
I like the workaround - perhaps using the MOVIES filter would improve on this to hide your JPGs from the browser view.

There was already so much in the current release that I didn't want to push for an enhancement of this functionality just yet.
There is a concept to improve upon this feature in MOVIE navigation mode, so these JPG files can co-exist within the same folder in that folder.jpg displays as the folder cover-art, the 'SLOW' zoom feature finds the about.jpg and 'PLAY' folder will automatically play the first movie found in the previewed folder.

Mede8er has just gone through a major firmware rebuild, so this will be a project for the new year once the new V2 firmware is properly bedded down.
Questions? Please check the Mede8er Beginners Guide.

For technical assistance, please take note of the Technical support guidelines.

Ensure too that you are using the latest firmware when requesting support.

Offline mysticc

• B8a Tester
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 07:56:28 am »
This is a clever one - will do it this way too :-)
Thanks for your idea.

However. what I really liked to see - just a page(s) displaying all the folder.jpg in 2 or 3 rows and 5 to 6 collums a page .
When a folder.jpg is selected and I press play start the movie in the folder where the folder.jpg is located.
As BD-ISO, BDMV and DVD-Folder now is working this looks some logical evolution.
V3.0 Beta
MED500X with internal HD 250G
100Mbit Networked with CAT5 to AVM Fritz 7220
Networkshare mainly on Win2003 Server, sometimes on Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Connected via Component to LCD and HDMI to projector.
AVR: Denon-3805
Projector: Sony HW-10
LCD: Viewpia 37
Blu-Ray-Player: LG BD 370

Offline TimoLimo

• B8a Tester
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:43 pm »
what I really liked to see - just a page(s) displaying all the folder.jpg in 2 or 3 rows and 5 to 6 collums a page .

+1 :)
Mede8er model: Mede8er FW 4.0.5 (non-DD+)
Hard disk: WD Caviar Green 2TB, WD20EADS,
Network: CAT6 LAN 100Mbit/1Gbit, connected through D-Link DIR-655 router and D-Link DGS-1008D switch
PC: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
NAS: Thecus N7700 (NFS+Samba)
Display device: 50" Pioneer KRP-500A, connected via HDMI
Audio: Yamaha RX-V2095 via COAX S/PDIF

Offline majin_lyndon

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 02:09:29 pm »
Thanks all for your suggestions! It's a shame it doesn't just "work" but I'm sure it will be sorted in a future update. I'll try what Timo suggests and will also use the Movie filter.

Also put me down for being able to browse folder.jpgs as columns! That would be seriously cool.

Merry Christmas!