Author Topic: Can't find NAS or network PC...  (Read 3575 times)

Offline roligov

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Can't find NAS or network PC...
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:01:37 am »
So I was streaming from my NAS via wireless on my new 500X2 with no issues (I have a Wifi dongle I got when I purchased the 500X). So my router decided to freeze and then it rebooted. So the mede8er obviously dropped connection to the NAS since the NAS is plugged into the router, same router the Mede8er 500X2 is connected to wirelessly. Anyhow since then I cannot get the Mede8er to pick up the NAS or my PC which are all on the same network. I've restarted the mede8er 3 times, unplugged the wifi dongle and replugged it in but still nothing. I've gone to the network section and it's all connected and it's showing a dhcp IP that it got from the router etc so it all looks good.

Anyone have a suggestion? Next I'm going to try:
1. Restart my router and hope it works - Didn't work
2. Delete the connection setup and rejoin it to the network. - Didn't work

Is it possible to create a shortcut in the media library to a specific IP so it doesn't have to search the "WORKGROUP" for the PC or NAS?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:34:10 pm by roligov »

Offline roligov

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Can't find NAS or network PC...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:15 pm »
I'm all out of solutions. Guess I will just wait for more users to experience this issue. For now guess it means I have lug my NAS to the lounge and hook it up via a wired Ethernet cable  :'(

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
Re: Can't find NAS or network PC...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:10:36 pm »
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.