Hi All Mede8ers
We have decided to release V1.0.1 as a Public Beta prior to the final release as we would like it tested with a wider user base and secondly we invite users to check any Language Translation bugs that might exist. We feel that this is a very good and stable release candidate with some nice new functionality. We would hope to have the final release complete within a week. http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmwares Beta/MED500X2_BETA/V1.0.1_BETA_MED500X2_25June2011.rar
The download includes the updated V1.0.1 User Manual and Firmware Installation Instructions
For those who do not have Y2M / Thumbgen xml data I suggest you download this demo to see the true power of the X2 http://www.filesonic.com/file/1064751684/MED500X2_demo_XML.rar
Short Version http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/MED500X2_XML_Demo_short_Version.rar
Please post your comments and feedback here http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,5693.0.html
V1.0.1 beta 24June 2011
1. Added Favourites Manager
2. Added support for custom Favourite Genre artwork ---> "Genre" folder USB or HDD
3. Added "Favourites" shortcut ---> Blue button on Remote
4. Added Transmission BT downloader
5. Added LPCM Audio option ---> Audio Setup Menu
6. Added GMT + in time setting
7. Subtitle on/off setting Setup Menu
8. Added Web Remote on/off Setup Menu
9. Added 'Autoplay' functionality from HDD, SD CARD, USB
10. Added ‘Text Encoding’ option ---> Setup Menu
11. Support For new type Thumbgen xml
12. Added support for Hebrew plot xml
13. Updated Genre Y2M XML - Now shows up to 3 Genres
14. FF button can be used as "Play" to play folder in Media Library
15. 'Restore default' now protected if password protect is set to “on”
16. USB Keyboard command support
17. Dummy folder creation on HDD “image” “movie” “music”
18. General bugs
19. Focus on devices HDD, USB, NETWORK ----> press "info" Med crash
20. video Podcast screen and buffering speed
21. YouTUBE XL first time launch failure
22. YouTUBE XL on screen volume image transparency
23. WiFi setup screen -- added rescan icons to assist users
24. Screensaver pause during video play
25. Sreensaver during Video Podasts/YouTUBE XL
26. Improved Internet Radio Genre search
27. Improved MP3 TAG onscreen display support
28. NFS can now make multiple shortcuts
29. Replaced Buddy Link with Google shortcut
30. Removed Buddy Link from Edit menu
31. SETUP - 'Screen Size' & 'Network Info' Return function
32. Dutch translations
33. Resolve some keyboard commands eg Red, Green button /'Esc' Internet Browser
34. Screensaver Internet Radio/ Internet Services/ Web BrowserReported Bugs* "i can't set the BT transmission into "on". everytime it returns to "off""
-- Transmission BT downloader requires an internal HDD that is formatted in the X2* "It's not possible to add NFS drives to favorites, SMB drives no problem !"
-- You cannot add the root NFS share to FavouritesConfirmed Bugs* Open a Password protected Favourite link and press “Enter” or “Return” and X2 crashes
* Place multiple video files and matching subtitles into one folder. The X2 will always play the first subtitle only* Cannot play AVI files via NFS
- SDK issue * No sound with the youTUBE XL / Video Podcasts on Co-Ax Digital / SPDIF with SPDIF Audio Passthrough setting * Screensaver is showing although it "off" in Setup Menu and X2 boms when you select "Return" while the screensaver is on screen * YouTUB XL 'zoom' to full screen intermittent * Embedded SRT subtitles in MKV files show even if the Sub setting is "off" in the Setup Menu * GUI - Setup update is not restoring Favourites Function Change Request* "can you place the "Genre" folder with genre images in the "Resource" folder with the font files"
Added to the 'to do' list * "is it possible to return to the Favourit Manager on exit"
Not possible due to SDK limitation - Use the "Blue" Favourite shortcut button * "I was wondering if its possible to use sabnzb+ on this new firmware"
-- Not possible at this point * "Can you make it again like The Videowall....first shortcut comes on the first place"
-- This is very personal and everybody wants it their way. We currently arrange the Favourites as 'last in display as first' Will re-check this
I would really like to thank Hansen, Maasbommel, Insomniac, Dennis and jer1956 for their invaluable work on this release.