A way to play Youtube on your 500X/400X with use of an Android phone or Apple iPhone.
- An Apple iPhone or an Android phone
- app installed on your phone called iMediaShare
- Wifi network
- install iMediaShare on your phone
- connect your phone to your wifi home network
- be sure your MED500X/400X is also linked to same network
- start iMediaShare on your phone
- on your Med500X/400X now goto Media Library - Network - Upnp
- In Upnp browse to your phone
- you will see all the streams supplied by iMediaShare
- select Youtube
- use the search function on the iMediaShare app under Youtube to search for desired Youtube videos
- now browse on your Mede8er to the youtube folder under Video in the Upnp tree and select search results
and start the desired youtube video you have added by search on your phone.
Tested with iMediaShare 3.5, Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy mini s5570.
Works pretty good.
For more info regarding what is possible with iMediaShare, see: http://www.imediashare.tv/