Author Topic: Problem Youtube  (Read 4451 times)

Offline the-boss

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
    • De hobby van " The Boss "
Problem Youtube
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:05:48 am »
When i go to the youtube xl the screen i get black screen and a  white a arrow cursor and nothing happens.
I wait for about 10 m, nothing happens. Network ok. When i push the back button everyting works fine.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +187/-43
Re: Problem Youtube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:51 am »
One consolation is that the Beta I'm using dosn't do that.  I did have that issue with the origonal installation. Mede8er1 and I have found that some issues that appear on installing  firmware disappear after re-installing. So the reason I don't have the problem might not be they've changed the Youtube code but that as a beta tester I have installed the firmware more than once.

If you don't want to take the risk yet you could wait for the next firmware. Becuase  functions are currently missing from the firmware a new firmware will be forth coming. It's not like everthing is in the firmware and Sanji can sit back and let issues accumulate.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:23:57 am by jer1956 »

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:48:01 am »
I have added it to the bug section to keep this in sight.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline oskar101

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:54:52 pm »
When i go to the youtube xl the screen i get black screen and a  white a arrow cursor and nothing happens.
I wait for about 10 m, nothing happens. Network ok. When i push the back button everyting works fine.

Same here, pressing X and starting youtube xl again solves this.
MED500X2 F1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:00:52 pm by oskar101 »

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:00:48 am »
Yeah, I also have this issue on my X2. It seems to only occur once after powering on the device: If you go back to the menu and try loading YouTube XL again it works and keeps working until you power the unit off- and back on again.

Another question I have about the YouTube function: Is it possible to switch to full-screen view or do I have to watch everything 'windowed'? I have tried just about any button on the remote, but without luck. ;)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:39 am »
Zoom!

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 11:16:21 am »
Cheers! Minutes before reading your post I pushed some more buttons and I finally found the correct one! :)

I must say that navigating the YouTube XL menu with the remote can be a bit tricky:

If, for example, I want to go to my Favorites I have to scroll down in the left menu and click on my user name (I signed in), but then the cursor jumps to the right side. So I have to move back to the left menu and scroll all the way down again to reach Favorites.

Another example is that after closing a warning message (I got one that read 'this playlist does not appear to contain videos without playback restrictions') the cursor (active selection) disappears altogether.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 12:38:23 pm »
I tried login using a keyboard/mouse and I found it acceptable. The mouse cursor seems to follow a more logical path. It does take you back to the main Youtube website page if you log out!

Functions which get a keybaord/mouse Icon display work better with them.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »
Logging on is not really the problem, I have both a mouse and a keyboard attached. But I don't always want to use my mouse, the remote should be able to provide quick access.

The problem is that even when already logged on the mouse cursor doesn't follow the logical path. If I select something in the left-hand menu the cursor (active selection) should go to the opened sub-menu instead of jumping to the right (for example: select my username > select option 'playlists' > select the playlist I want to open). Because the cursor jumps to the right I have to move the selection left and back down again which is a real hassle.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:53:38 pm by Lunchbox »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »
Should? Simple mouse drivers have never done that. Auto jumping to the point of interest is something we have got used to with modern point/click  systems. 

I had to put my "old school" hat back on, and use Tab, the old faithfull, although I did crash Sign In Tabbing to the Sign In  button. I have reported this.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 09:51:42 pm »
Yes; should! Any well designed device should have an intuitive and logical interface.

Also, this isn't about a mouse driver; this is about cursor placement when using the remote to navigate the menu's. Yes, using the mouse is far more accurate but that doesn't mean the remote's cursor placement should be this illogical.

And FYI; even simple mouse drivers can do this ('Snap To' function in the Pointer Options under Mouse Properties) and have been able to do this for a long, long, time.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 08:29:03 am »
Advanced Mouse Drivers have been around along time, but that dosn't make them the Standard Driver. Lack of Advanced Mouse Driver Features is not a bug. Wanting them is a Feature Request. Snap To, or Jumping the mouse cursor automatically to some point of new interest are Advanced Features compared to the origonal mouse driver Windows started with.

I gave an overview of the limitations you can expect as a result of this not being a PC in the Dicussion Section. You have found another.

Dealing with user expectation has been a problem with Mediaplayers since their inception. One of the most common views expressed is "What's the point of X if  it dosn't do Y". They are disappointed about the lack of something that was never claimed to be present.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:03:44 am by jer1956 »

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 08:48:41 am »
this is about cursor placement when using the remote to navigate the menu's.

I am not sure if this cursor path when only using a keyboard (or remote control) is totally defined by the Mede8er code.
It might be just a part of the Youtube XL interface designed by Google:
http://www.youtube.com/xl
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:51 am »
I am not sure if this cursor path when only using a keyboard (or remote control) is totally defined by the Mede8er code.
It might be just a part of the Youtube XL interface designed by Google:
http://www.youtube.com/xl

Now that yellow "Use Standard Version" message makes sense, not that it does (or should do!) anything on the X2.

....and the mouser cursor dosn't jump to the point of interest even with my Advanced Mouse Driver using a PC. Not touching the mouse and using Tab leaves the cursor on the left column of selections. Tabbing does take longer on a PC becuase there are more points of interest. Tabbing to sign in and pressing Enter dosn't crash on the PC, unlike the X2.

I did  a web search expecting to find lots of posts on how to use HTML to jump the cursor to a new point of interest.

...not one!

I could add a fancy trail, I could change the cursor as "you" move it over a point of interest. But no Jump, or Snap To.

If someone knows how, email Youtube.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:13:02 am by jer1956 »