Author Topic: How to create movie wall only from random screenshots on TG  (Read 3682 times)

Offline 3kb6vs9b1

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • media eater
How to create movie wall only from random screenshots on TG
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:24:56 am »
Could you gurus help to set up ThumbGen to automatically create only screenshots with movie thumbnailer (mtn) without trying to scrape info from databases?
 I want to automatically create movie cards for lots of movies (home videos, youtube downloads) that do not exist in database (no jukeboxes can scrape from YouTube yet? :) ).
Or should I let it create those screenshots as fanart and have Y2M pick them up for jukebox?
Help me understand my options and set the programs up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:40:05 pm by 3kb6vs9b1 »

Offline 3kb6vs9b1

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • media eater
Re: How to create movie wall only from random screenshots
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:47:36 pm »
All right, I will explain in meanwhile.
Why I want that? Because I watch most of the movies once and I don't see point in spending time mastering the movie wall. I want to have programs run automatically and scrape info. If info does not exist I want random screenshots taken from movie for art.

So looking at ThumbGen I see option to create screenshots from movie

also I see options about automatic 3 screenshots

and I use function that seems to suit me right:

but I keep getting only folder.jpg. I am not going into numerous options I have tried because they are obviously wrong.

Only succeeded to get what I wanted in manual mode, where I went to results page and clicked on Get random thumb on My own movie snapshots

Same about backdrops: needed automatically.

So how to make all this work automatically: 100% matches scraped from the internets and not existing made from random screenshots.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:15:34 am by 3kb6vs9b1 »