Author Topic: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er  (Read 161464 times)

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
Thanks for the pointers. I am not sure quite what had gone wrong with the original template. I have rebuilt it now and seems to be working again. I have updated the template folder for download in my signature too.

this template was picking up which cases to choose (i.e. bluray,dvd,etc...) i still dont know how this works  ???

This works because the SourceFile for the SourceCover image has been set to .../common/cases/%RESOLUTIONTEXT%.png
RESOLUTIONTEXT is one of the fixed tokens in ThumbGen which is scraped from the movie data provider. In the "cases" folder within the "common" folder, I have been careful to give the .PNG image files names that are exactly the same as the possible fields for RESOLUTIONTEXT. Therefore, when ThumbGen detects the RESOLUTIONTEXT it will use the image file of the same name.
I hope that makes sense.
 ;)
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline Mediaeater79

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
Hey GlynRS2,

As you can see I'm newly registered, but a long time reader, follower of the threads and your work in particular.
I wanted to thank you in person for these fantastic Template's and Tutorial's, they work well and look amazing.

I seem to be able to get almost everything the way I want it, but I have two slight problems that I can't quite put my finger on, and would like to see if you could help me out.

Regarding your Season Sheet and TV episode folderbox thumb for thumbgen:

1. I can not seem to get the setting's right to get the Season sheet put in the correct folder.
I am assuming that it should be going into the \season XX folder, but it is putting it in the episode folder instead along with the episode sheet (which works fine).
I would like to know what steps I need to take to address this.

2. The only other problem I am seeming to have is trying to use/set the TV episode folderbox to create a thumb for the folderbox on the individual episode folder's rather than have blank folder's for each episode as you can see in the photo's below.

To explain things as best I can I'll post up some images explaining what I have done and achived so far, with my appologies for the 'tv' screenshots, it's not a HD set and I have the device connected up via composite for use when it's in the bedroom for bedtime watching :) (and I can still read the writing :P )

Also My folder structure is correct (3 deep, otherwise the episode sheets wouldn't work of course), as an example I have as follow's:
\Folder 1 - Tv Shows\Folder 2 - Smallville Season 1\ Folder 3 - Smallville.01X01.Pilot\Video file - Smallville.01X01.Pilot.mkv
(future shows I have done in iso format, which thumbgen doesn't like when I try to screencap from them, so I do that using VLC and fraps)

Step 1: Settings (please note that I also now have Extra Thumbnail ticked second down on the right there, which seemed to give me the Thumbnail I wanted for the folder to show up on movie's.

Step 2: More settings, I got these settings from thumbgen on the main page (the about sheet one at least) I'm not sure I have done everything right here or not.

Step 3: Just selected the one episode each time for testing purpose's

Step 4: Movie Episode Sheet made as 'Main Sheet' - This works fine

Step 5: Problem 1 Used this option for the Series Sheet, though it only puts it in the episode folder not the season folder, which is where I think it's meant to go.

Step 6: Problem 2 Made the TV episode folderbox using Sparesheet, I'm not sure if this is right, I'm guessing not as I don't see this in the episode folder 'box' on the wall. Screenshot of that to follow.

Step 7: Tv Show's folder seen here in the root along with the videowall folder with all of your spoton 'box' images - These work fine, and I have even made one of my own for Smallville so far, I'll see if I can get that to you for your collection along with the many more that I'm going to be making :)

Step 8: How my seasons look inside the Tv Show's folder. I know having it like this is a nightmare in file mode, but with the shortcuts on the wall, and the series thumbnail in place it's going to suit me down to the ground.

Step 9: How the Episodes look in each season folder, this is the third folder down which is what is needed as you know for the episode sheets to work, which the sheet's do....

Step 10: The files that are created in an episode folder when doing the above. I'm not sure if the 'Pilot_sheet' seen here is in the right place, as that is really the season sheet with a list of the episodes on etc....

Step 11: Testing: I used your mede8er case template and some google images and logo's to make a Smallville case icon for the videowall folder, as there wasn't one here.
Just a quick knock up for testing, I'll be making one for each of my season's unless one has already been made, if not I'll knock some up and share them with yourself for your collection of video wall box cover's so yourself and everyone here can benefit from them.
If you all like or need them of course :)

Step 12: My poor episode folder boxes awaiting their TV episode folderbox picture's. With your help I'm sure they will be filled up with some colour soon when you have some time to help out and advice :)

Step 13: Thought I'd see if I'm able to use the folderbox function and make thumbs for the episode folder's manually, it appears not :(

Step 14: See, the episode sheet works a treat :)

Again thanks for all this, it has realy helped me out and got me using photoshop (elements of course, could never afford CS,2,3,4,5 etc...., I'm on a trial for 30 day's but I'll buy it at the end of the month.
I don't take requests, but I'll be sharing all my creations your way and the forums way for use with your video walls as long as you like them :)
(I pick up idea's from the requests too as it reminds me what movies  and tv series I have on dvd that need ripping for my media player)

Hope you can help and look forward to your reply :)

Sorry about the length of this post, I do like to go into detail to explain everything all in one go.

Cheers

EDIT: Attached Smallville Folder template for if anyone like's it :)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:14:59 AM by Mediaeater79 »
Mede8er 400X2 | Mede8er 600X3D | Mede8er 400X2S

Offline VIETHD

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 03:05:37 AM »
Hi GlynRS2

Thank you for great Thumbgen template for Mede8er

I found some very good looking template, Yadis template , could you please make it become Thumbgen template so we can edit and create some more template ?

It's from Desss from Mpcclub , thank Desss for cr:

Code: [Select]
http://www.multiupload.com/UQRM22XWBR

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
Hey GlynRS2,

As you can see I'm newly registered, but a long time reader, follower of the threads and your work in particular.
I wanted to thank you in person for these fantastic Template's and Tutorial's, they work well and look amazing.

I seem to be able to get almost everything the way I want it, but I have two slight problems that I can't quite put my finger on, and would like to see if you could help me out.

Hi there, I am glad you like the templates. Sorry for the delay in replying, it has taken a while to catch up with things again coming back from holiday.
Thanks for the detailed description of your issues.
I will try and answer things as simply as I can, but I guess you may need to experiment a little bit yourself with the settings. I too have had similar problems with getting my TV series just how I would like them.
I think that your folder structure is correct and the same as I have mine arranged. The only issue I have with this is the limitation of the folder depth from the videowall, which means that you can't go TV Series/Name of Series/Season/Episode with all the episodes being in seperate folders. The solution is to put a genre icon on the video wall direct to Name of series folder, so that is  Name of Series/Season/Episode. That works fine.
Within Thumbgen I have set up two seperate profiles one is "Mede8er Movies" and the other is "Mede8er TV shows". I then just select the correct profile for what I am doing. I found that you need to use different settings for TV shows to movies to get things to work well. This is my folder naming for my TV shows profile:

What I do is:
main moviesheet = TV episode sheet
extra moviesheet = TV episode folderbox
spare moviesheet = TV season sheet
So in the general options I use these settings:

The other thing that I do to tweak things just as I like is to use the "Quicksheet" option and then select the "use custom data" tab. This way you can manually select what images you use for each fanart, cover, background etc.

The next step if you are still having some problems is to download the ThumbGen Designer from the ThumbGen website. Take a little time to see how the templates are set up and then just tweak them to your needs. There are good tutorials on the ThumbGen website too.

If it helps my you can download my ThumbGen profiles:
GlynRS2 Mede8er TV show ThumbGen profile
GlynRS2 Mede8er movies ThumbGen profile

I hope that helps.
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline qzplx

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 02:12:18 AM »
Hi GlynRS2,

Im start using thumbgen and its cure me a bit to organize the movies.
By the way, I have standard mede8er folder structure as mede8er recommendation below:

Hdd1
---Movies
--------Series
-----------------Season 1
------------------------- *all the avi files

So I need only picture for main folder which is 24, and season 1.

Can you help me predefine your template for this structure and the settings ?
I've just follow ur template series 2, but seems not worky and slow, because it have to generate all the screenshot for every episode, which is I dont need this.

Really apprecaite for your help

Offline spud87

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
If you download and install the latest version of ThumbGen it will create a folder called "ThumbGen" in your Program Files folder on your system drive (C:/ - unless you have configured it differently). Within the ThumbGen folder will be a folder will be another folder called "Templates". After you have unzipped the .Rar file that you have downloaded from my signature, you can the place the complete "GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates" folder in the Template folder.*
Now when you open ThumbGen all of these templates will be available for you to use in the default profile. If you want to use a particular template each time, after you have set up your ThumbGen option just save it as a profile. For example, I have a "Mede8er movie" and "Mede8er TV" profile - as well as allowing you to specify the template to use it also allows to specify the online collector to use.

*(Alternatively if you only want to use particular templates. You can copy the individual template folders in the GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates folder and place them directly in Templates folder. If you do this you will need to replace the "Common" folder in the Templates folder with the "Common" folder from the GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates folder for them to work.)

Like Maasbommel has said there are very good tutorials on the ThumbGen website if you are still unsure of what to do.

I hope that helps  ;)

Thx for the info, and I live the templates :) great work! I have just one question, how can I make so it display "Sub: Swedish" in the template?

Offline seby_cst

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
Hi GlynRS2,
I just get my 500x2. I use your "GlynRS2 movie sheet with ext. plot" and it look's just wonderfull.The only thing is that the tamplate generat's me an  1280x720 about.JPEG file.Can you please modifying(and post it :) ) the tamplate for 1920x1080?Thank you.

Offline Doktor-X

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
hi GlynRS2 thanks for template i prefer thumbgen over y2m becouse i have more control over created file but can you make available one more feature and this is video file resolution

Offline Kokkeman

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »

and one to produce a TV episode folderbox:

If you like these templates, they can be downloaded by clicking the link in my signature.

;D

Hi GlynRS2,
i use this very nice template for my series, but a question. The Episode Folder Box (folder.jpg) is to large for the Med.
It produces folder.jpg at about 100k at 291x431 pixels. The Med don't display folder.jpg if bigger than 75k. (preference 160x241) . How do i downsize this folder box in the template ?
Strangely i don't see any size settings other than 1024x768 where i would expect to find 291x431.
Can you give me a hint in the right direction?
thanks.
MED500XDD+ 2TB [FW V4.0.4]

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
Hi GlynRS2,
i use this very nice template for my series, but a question. The Episode Folder Box (folder.jpg) is to large for the Med.
It produces folder.jpg at about 100k at 291x431 pixels. The Med don't display folder.jpg if bigger than 75k. (preference 160x241) . How do i downsize this folder box in the template ?
Strangely i don't see any size settings other than 1024x768 where i would expect to find 291x431.
Can you give me a hint in the right direction?
thanks.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I missed your post.

If you are findinding that the image files are coming out too large at that resolution then use some image editing software to resize them.

A really good piece of free software is Paint.net.

You can get it HERE.

Ignore all the adverts on the page the download link you need looks like this:

Then open your image in Paint.net and press Ctrl+R to resize it as needed and then save. This will reduce the file size accordingly.

;)

Offline Rasmus

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
Hi Glyn RS2
Thank you for the successful template for ThumbGen. How can I change the rating from Germany and the HDTV box to the DVD box. Would be grateful for any help
 ;) regards

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
Hi Glyn RS2
Thank you for the successful template for ThumbGen. How can I change the rating from Germany and the HDTV box to the DVD box. Would be grateful for any help
 ;) regards

Have a go with this template. I have adapted it to hopefully do what you are asking for:
DVD box and german certication template

Just unpack the.rar file and copy and paste the folder to your Thumbgen templates folder.
This is usually at C:\Program Files\ThumbGen\Templates

I hope that works for you.

:)

Offline Rasmus

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
Hi GlynRS
Thank you for your support, have now made ​​some changes to the template would also like to change the format of the movie length to min. I can find but not connect to the format of the time. Can you give me, here's a tip which creates the template file here.
Here once a template for my taste. Rating and movie length will now be brought down.
Despite a happy ever after 2012 and a happy new year.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:29:48 PM by Rasmus »

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
Hi GlynRS
Thank you for your support, have now made ​​some changes to the template would also like to change the format of the movie length to min. I can find but not connect to the format of the time. Can you give me, here's a tip which creates the template file here.
Here once a template for my taste. Rating and movie length will now be brought down.
Despite a happy ever after 2012 and a happy new year.

The easiest way to edit the templates is to use ThumbGen Designer which can be downloaded from the ThumbGen.org home page.
In order to display the movie length in minutes you need to edit the text element line "Duration" so that the text is changed from %DURATIONTEXT% to %DURATION%. That will just display as the number of minutes, so you may want to change it to %DURATION%m.

So:
%DURATIONTEXT% would display as 1h 36m
%DURATION% would display as 96
%DURATION%m would display as 96m

The line in the raw .xml file you want to change is:
<TextElement Name="Duration" X="1025" Y="5" Width="110" Height="40" AutoSize="False" Multiline="False" Font="Arial,20,True,False,False,False,Point,,0" ForeColor="-2500135" StrokeColor="-16777216" StrokeWidth="0" Text="%DURATIONTEXT%" TextAlignment="MiddleLeft" TextQuality="AntiAlias" TGD_IsLocked="False" TGD_IsVisible="True">
<Actions>
 <DropShadow Angle="320" Color="-16777216" Distance="3" Opacity="100" Softness="2" TGD_IsVisible="True"/>
 </Actions>
 </TextElement>
and you want to change that to:
<TextElement Name="Duration" X="1025" Y="5" Width="110" Height="40" AutoSize="False" Multiline="False" Font="Arial,20,True,False,False,False,Point,,0" ForeColor="-2500135" StrokeColor="-16777216" StrokeWidth="0" Text="%DURATION%m" TextAlignment="MiddleLeft" TextQuality="AntiAlias" TGD_IsLocked="False" TGD_IsVisible="True">
<Actions>
 <DropShadow Angle="320" Color="-16777216" Distance="3" Opacity="100" Softness="2" TGD_IsVisible="True"/>
 </Actions>
 </TextElement>

The best way to find out what the various bits do is to have a good look through the example tokens that are built in to Thumbgen Designer.

I hope that helps

Offline Rasmus

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »
Hi Glyn RS
Thanks in advance ever, have not tested, but my design is now so far finished.