Author Topic: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er  (Read 161463 times)

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
When I first got my Mede8er I used Y2M to create the about.jpg moviesheets for all my movie folders. I think this is a great bit of software and very quickly processed my large number of movies.
However, now that I am adding a new movies every now and again, I would like to have more control of the whole process. I have therefore been using ThumbGen instead.
However as I like the appearance of the moviesheets generated by Y2M, ths first template I made was designed to give very similar results:

I made a couple of others too. One with a screenshot using Fanart3:

..and one with room for an extended plot:

Having done that I set too fine tuning some templates for my TV shows.

Episode sheet:

Season sheet:

and one to produce a TV episode folderbox:

If you like these templates, they can be downloaded by clicking the link in my signature.

;D

**** UPDATE 01/12/11****
The profiles in the download have been updated to be compatable with the X2 jukebox
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:04:05 PM by GlynRS2 »
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline stayfunkey

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • StayFunKey
    • Kixxx Development
Re: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
Hi
like your templates, they look great.
I also use thumbgen and a similar sheet.
I only think it will be hard to read the text cause the font size is a little bit small.

S
Mede8er FW 4.04  (Shizzl mod) no HardDisk
by LAN Sitecom WL575 router
Windows 7 64bit on Q9550 quadcore PC
Sony KDL-40w5500
Sony STR-DB780 AV receiver / Home Cinema set
Logitec Harmony One

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:17:06 AM »
Hi
like your templates, they look great.
I also use thumbgen and a similar sheet.
I only think it will be hard to read the text cause the font size is a little bit small.

S

I know what you mean, but it all depends on what screen you are viewing it. It can be a bit small on our 42" TV, but looks great on the 92" home cinema screen or 22" PC monitor. However, the kids still seem able to read it OK even on the TV.
Of course I could make a new template with larger font size as it is very quick to change this.
I tried lots of different templates and took ideas from them and copied various bits, just tweaking them for my own needs. However, in the end it was easier to start again for most of them. I find the ThumbGen Designer tool nice and easy to use.
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline Malouff

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:10:41 AM »
Thank you for sharing GlynRS2

I was wondering if you can share what your videowall looks like after you pick something from your Genre Icons.

Are you going for any particular theme?

I did see that you created a template to produce a TV episode folderbox

I was wondering why you didn't create a template to produce a folder.jpg to match the one shown in your about.jpg

Offline pienoet

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
I like your templates!

But how can i use them?

I downloaded them but there is no profile folder and where do i copy the folder common to?

Sorry i`m a newbie to thumbgen but it is a good program for my tv shows.

Thanks

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:22:47 AM »
I suggest to start reading on the Thumbgen site:
http://thumbgen.org/
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:24:38 AM »
I like your templates!

But how can i use them?

I downloaded them but there is no profile folder and where do i copy the folder common to?

Sorry i`m a newbie to thumbgen but it is a good program for my tv shows.

Thanks

If you download and install the latest version of ThumbGen it will create a folder called "ThumbGen" in your Program Files folder on your system drive (C:/ - unless you have configured it differently). Within the ThumbGen folder will be a folder will be another folder called "Templates". After you have unzipped the .Rar file that you have downloaded from my signature, you can the place the complete "GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates" folder in the Template folder.*
Now when you open ThumbGen all of these templates will be available for you to use in the default profile. If you want to use a particular template each time, after you have set up your ThumbGen option just save it as a profile. For example, I have a "Mede8er movie" and "Mede8er TV" profile - as well as allowing you to specify the template to use it also allows to specify the online collector to use.

*(Alternatively if you only want to use particular templates. You can copy the individual template folders in the GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates folder and place them directly in Templates folder. If you do this you will need to replace the "Common" folder in the Templates folder with the "Common" folder from the GlynRS2 ThumbGen templates folder for them to work.)

Like Maasbommel has said there are very good tutorials on the ThumbGen website if you are still unsure of what to do.

I hope that helps  ;)

Offline pienoet

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »
Thanks Mate!

Can you tell me how to make a profile.

I `ve downloaded a great sheet only i don`t knwo how to setup in thumbgen.

I can upload it for you if you want.

Offline Spyros_V_S

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »
Thanks Mate!

Can you tell me how to make a profile.

I `ve downloaded a great sheet only i don`t knwo how to setup in thumbgen.

I can upload it for you if you want.

First you go on the upper left corner and select one of the profiles in the pull-down menu, according to your preferences. Then, if you want, you can make alterations in the "options" menu and when you're done, press "OK" at the bottom of the screen. Then, you will select the cross on the left, in order to save a profile with the current settings, you name it and you're done!!

@GlynRS2: Thanks for the templates, they are much better for my taste!!
Product & fw version: Mede8er MED400X f/w v.4.0.4
Audio: HDMI > Yamaha RXV1900 A/V Receiver
Audio setting: Multi ch Passthrough
Video: HDMI > Panasonic 42" Plasma 42PX70
Video setting: 720p 50Hz,16:9
Media Source: Wired Network > Windows XP SP3
Hard Drive: WD Passport 250 GB
Board: 1073DD+ with Bootloader 26

Offline rone112

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »
Hi Glyn RS2,
please can you help me , im really loving your templates but i need your assistance if you could tell me how to fix this problem , i would like to use your GlynRS2 Movie sheet with screenshot, but the cover doesnt display correctly , please see attached

but with the other templates i dont have this problem , please see below

please can you tell me what to change in the xml file ill be glad to try and fix it !

thanks so much for all your hard work :)
Tyrone Naryan
Mede8er MED500X v2.0.1
HDMI Video & Coaxial Digital Audio Passthrough
Samsung HT-Z210M Receiver
LG 42"LH20R Television HDREADY

Offline tachita_

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »
@rone112 ,
i think you got some layer ( a transparent one ) over that picture.
all you have to do is to open template in thumbgen editor and to move up or down (i dont remember exctly the order of showing ) that picture.
damn, i didn't work with editor for some while. it means that my template is damn great.  ;D

in other words , just put the picture over transparent layer

Offline rone112

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »
Hi Glyn RS2,
thanks so much ! and yeah ur templates are crazy nice :D just another question , how do you get it to change the casing as illustrated below

is the criteria word based ? do i edit it in the xml file ??

sorry if im being a pest but its the GlynRS2 Movie sheet with screenshot template that is giving me beans

Tyrone Naryan
Mede8er MED500X v2.0.1

Offline rone112

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 03:00:20 AM »
Hi Glyn RS2
thanks for all your assistance ive achieved my goals by playing around with your other templates , the results speak for themselves ...

Tyrone Naryan
Mede8er MED500X v2.0.1

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 05:25:42 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out, I will have to have a look at the template in the ThumbGen editor. It is probably the order in which the layers are applied. That is that the case layer is behind the image or overlay layer.

It looks like you have fixed it now. Could you let me know what the issue was and I will correct it in the template.

Offline rone112

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »
Hi Glyn RS2
what i did was take the template with the extended plot area as this template was picking up which cases to choose (i.e. bluray,dvd,etc...) i still dont know how this works  ???

then i edited the plot text box to make it smaller (same dimensions as the preview template) copied the preview window to the new template , changed the size of the genre text box , lastly i moved the studio icon to the top bar :)

thanks so much for the template im loving it and the thumbgen designer is pretty easy to use , i have attached a copy of the xml file that i have saved for your perusal

Tyrone Naryan
Mede8er MED500X v2.0.1