Author Topic: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er  (Read 84604 times)

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: Glyn RS2 ThumbGen templates for Mede8er
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 09:14:48 am »
Looking good  ;)
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline Boulder

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »
Hello Glyn,

I've been using your ThumbGen templates for a while. There is a small visual problem though: the subtitle icons are shown twice in the extended plot template (at least when you have only one subtitle track embedded in the mkv file). It also seems that sometimes the IMDB rating and certification are not picked up correctly in the sheet, they are shown in the movie information and are corrected after refreshing the sheet. That might be a ThumbGen issue though.

Offline dennis118

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »
Hi,

I am new here and trying to make a series template for the serie spartacus Vengeance. I used the series template from Glyn.

But i have a problem, is there a way to fill in the episode plot and episode number manually? Imdb cant find the episode plot so now this stays empty in my template, same for the epsiode number. at the top of my template now stands: EPISODE - ''''''

I have tried to fill in the serie information in the movie information tab and then i have clicked on the green V, but then he dont copy the filled in information in my tempate.

Does anybode know, what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance
Dennis

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:04:10 pm by dennis118 »

Offline GlynRS2

• X2 Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 05:58:56 am »
Hi,

I am new here and trying to make a series template for the serie spartacus Vengeance. I used the series template from Glyn.

But i have a problem, is there a way to fill in the episode plot and episode number manually? Imdb cant find the episode plot so now this stays empty in my template, same for the epsiode number. at the top of my template now stands: EPISODE - ''''''

I have tried to fill in the serie information in the movie information tab and then i have clicked on the green V, but then he dont copy the filled in information in my tempate.

Hi Dennis,

When doing the search have you got thetvdb.com selected as your preferred info provider? If not it will be worth doing so as the series is lested on their database here.

If you are in manual mode and the data fields have not been populated you can enter them manually and then press the green tick. This will populate the moviesheet preview for you. Also click "generate .nfo file with ths data" and it will save the data in an .xml file for you (if you have the settings set up to export as .xml). That should work.
However, I wonder from what you deescribe if you have all the extended TV plot data fields present. This won't always come up if you are using IMdB as you preferred collector. You can then directly edit a .xml  file in the TV show folder using an appropriate template. If you want you can download a blank TV episode .xml file template here. Just replace all the fields that have an 'x' in them with the approriate data. You can do this in Thumbgen by putting this .xml file in the TV episode folder on your computer and the selecting "use my own moviedata".

I hope that helps.

;)
Download all my genre icons for the Mede8er videowall from this thread (updated 05.02.2013 & includes music genre icons)

Download all my ThumbGen templates for the Mede8er by clicking here (updated 01.12.2011)

Offline Ratton

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »
Hey GlynRS2!
It looks great and it WORKS!
Also in German!

Thanks
Raphael

Offline trippertych

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:22 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to setup my TV series with your awesome templates, but am running into a slight problem.  If you look at the image I've attached, I'm trying to get 'Image6' from theTVDB.org to be 'Fanart1' in your template....automatically.  The reason why is that it features a specific image from that episode, instead of being the same piece of fanart that gets applied to all templates.  Basically, the flag %IMAGE6% that you have for Fanart1 in your template, such as GlynRS2s, doesn't pick up Image 6.  It would also be great for the top picture in the folder episode art to be 'Image 6' also, as it would bring some more individuality to them.

Is there a way to do this without having to go through each episode manually?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:49:31 am by trippertych »

Offline Gaius

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »
Hi,
I wonder how i should do to get a swedish flag next to "Sub" in moviesheet?
I can change language flag in the media info tab, but how do I change subs?

Offline marlboro

• B8a Tester - X2
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »
In your movie template, when there is more than one director, the following ones are moved to the next line and not showing properly. They should be just separated by comma on the same line. Can you fix please.

Offline X264Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:08 am »
Dear Glyn,

Thanks for the great work on these templates, they look absolutely stunning!
At this moment I only use the templates for TV shows.

I do however have some problems:

1. It seems like the rating field on the Episode template does not work (anymore) as you can see it leaves an empty field.
  (right above the IMDB rating).

2. I have problems creating a parent folder about.jpg.
So far I have created moviesheets for all episodes of The Walking Dead, but not for the parent folders (season1 and    season 2) folders yet. Can you please give me an idea how to act? (As you can't select a folder without movie file in it in Thumbgen)

Thanks in advance!

Offline xSmilinx

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »
Hey all.

Ive installed your templates and followed all instructions.
My structure is below

-TV Show
- - Season 1
- - - Show.S01.E01
- - - - Show.S01.E01.avi

I can get the episode wall looking nice but none of the other folders are getting any data.
The Season, TV Show Name and Root TV Shows directory get no XML or JPG files.

Surley its possible to enter the "TV Shows" folder on my mede8er and see all the TV Series images?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:59:02 pm by xSmilinx »

Offline IanPrice

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:20 pm »
Hi

Help I am having difficulties with my TV shows with my mede8er box. I am using Glyn RS2 profile in thumbgen but cannot get it to work.

I have my folder structure as follows
Folder: TV Shows
Folder: Homeland Season 1
s01e01.mkv
etc
etc

Folder: TV Shows
Folder: Homeland Season 2
s02e01.mkv
etc
etc

I have mucked about with this but and cannot get it working, it pulls through the Season folder on the wall fine but when i go into the season folder on the mede8er it shows the season cover as a jpg, fan art as a jpg, and then each episode as a file with which you play and no info like episode guide etc I have attached a couple of photos so you can see what i mean - can anyone help please ?

Apologies for poor picture quality

Offline bumpyfunk

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 06:38:21 pm »
Hi.....also new to this...but have managed to get it all working within about a week of an hour here and there....

My only question is....Is my only achievable result a jpg that I can open up separately? Have I been a huge dufus? I was assuming that I could browse movies via the info pages....rather than come out of the static image and then have to go back into the iso/avi/whatever....? My main cause for this question is that for some movies or seasons, the info goes off the page and as a static jpg, never scrolls....

Actually, thats a couple of questions!!

Confirmation of dufusness gladly received, as will be the knowledge of a missed tick box I need to click.......thanks in advance either way...!!

Offline kulfsson

• X3D Skin Designer
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »
I have been using these cool skins in Thumbgen but now that the Mede8er has built-in scraping functionality, I was wondering if there is a way for you to re-create the skin templates so they can be used with the internal scraper ?
Product & firmware version: Mede8er MED1000X3D f/w v2.0.0 (feb 5)
HDD: Western Digital 3 TB (WD30EZRX)
Audio: Optical output > Yamaha RX-V657 A/V Receiver
Audio setting: SPDIF Passthrough / Night mode OFF
Video: HDMI output > Samsung LED UE46ES6545
Video setting: 1080p 60Hz,24Hz ON,16:9
Media Source: HDD, Wired Network > Windows 7 SMB shares

Offline Staffy

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 01:09:51 pm »
Any chance of some new thumbgen templates for the new v3 mede8er software?

Offline anis_ber

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 02:56:29 am »
+1
it does not work now that themoviedb.org changed something, the last version of thumbgen is not compatible somwhow