Author Topic: Multimedia Collection Organiser - Updated - New version: 1.0.0.18 (28 Jan 2016)  (Read 74001 times)

Offline feadin

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-2
Great work SuperDIY.
I just created a separate section for it on the Community Section of the Board.

Hi,

I'd like to know if this tool can be used in conjuction with Y2M or Yadis.
Thanks!

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-8
New version uploaded today (10 Jan 2013).

Changelog extract:
Version 1.0.0.10: (10 Jan 2013)

* Movie Images - Fixed bug which caused all poster images to be displayed twice.
* Movie Images - Improved scraping code to handle more detail.
* Movie Images - Fixed a few cosmetic bugs
* Movie Images - Minor cosmetic changes
I suffer from CDO... It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Hi,

I'd like to know if this tool can be used in conjuction with Y2M or Yadis.
Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with any of those apps.  Multimedia Collection Organiser is a stand-alone application.  I've coded it to help me manage my multimedia files and to simplify various tasks associated with my multimedia collection.  One of  the things it can do is to create the “about” images and "folder" images supported by the MEDE8ER, but no other application is used in conjunction with MMCOrg to achieve that. :)
I suffer from CDO... It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
New version uploaded today (28 Jan 2013).

Changelog extract:

Version 1.0.0.11: (28 Jan 2013)

* Movie Images - XML file support! The option to create a text file containing movie
  information is now replaced by an option to create an .xml "movie info" file instead.
  These .xml files are used by the MEDE8ER to enable various searches. When the option
  is selected, the created .xml files will be placed into the same folder as the about
  image for the specific movie or TV Series.
* Photos - Added options to change case for Filename & Extension, Ignore Extension
  and Extension Only.
* Fixed a few bugs throughout the application.
* Added "Quick start guides" for "About" image (coversheet) creation to the help file.
* Updated the Help file to include all the current functionality.
* Movie Images - Added option to create a Mede8er.db file to be used by the MEDE8ER's
  Jukebox functionality.

Download link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2394062/mmcorg-zip-november-23-2010-3-21-pm-1-6-meg
Help File link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2799004/help-pdf-may-10-2011-10-46-am-2-0-meg
Readme file link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2530853/readme-txt-january-19-2011-2-55-pm-2k

Offline Jebedia

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
This is a fantastic program! Great work.

Any chance we'll get support added for TV Series?

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
This is a fantastic program! Great work.

Any chance we'll get support added for TV Series?

It does support TV series, but at the moment it only uses imdb for the content and movieposterdb and imdb for the covers and backdrops.

What exactly do you need for TV Series?  I'm not sure what additional stuff is used for TV Series e.g. episode synopsis? episode plot? etc.

Offline Jebedia

I was thinking about scraping per season.

An about sheet that would show the seasons synopsis and list the episode titles for the season.
Scraping per episode will be over kill I think.

I scraped the TV series yesterday and it worked well for the complete series but didn't work on a per season basis.
I tried to create a template for the seasons but I'm not all that clued up, so it was a complete mess  :-[

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
I was thinking about scraping per season.

An about sheet that would show the seasons synopsis and list the episode titles for the season.
Scraping per episode will be over kill I think.

I scraped the TV series yesterday and it worked well for the complete series but didn't work on a per season basis.
I tried to create a template for the seasons but I'm not all that clued up, so it was a complete mess  :-[

I'll see what I can do.  I also want to include the options to have "icons" for the video encoding (e.g. xVID), audio encoding & channels (e.g. AC3 / 6 channels), resolution (e.g. 1080p) etc. to the "about" image.

B.T.W. You won't really be able to change/create a template to achieve what you want.  The idea of changing/creating templates is to include or not include any of the "existing" fields and to move, colour and size etc. them the way you prefer - you cannot add "new" fields e.g. episode titles.  ;)

Offline bvalter1964

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
First of all thanks a lot for you effort, your tool is the only one which worked  for me and absolutely the easiest :D.

I have a suggestion, for the movie file that are not recognized, it would be easier to give the following possibility:

- select the file,
- to provide a field for the insertion of the relevant IMDB ID
- abilitate the creation of relevant directory, jpeg file, etc. as per normale procedure

This could be done one by one or providing a table view with all the files remaining without pictures.
This could be simpler then modify the name of such files or to create a nfo file

Sorry in advance, if the option is already there but I was not able to find.

Thanks again
Valter

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
First of all thanks a lot for you effort, your tool is the only one which worked  for me and absolutely the easiest :D.

I have a suggestion, for the movie file that are not recognized, it would be easier to give the following possibility:

- select the file,
- to provide a field for the insertion of the relevant IMDB ID
- abilitate the creation of relevant directory, jpeg file, etc. as per normale procedure

This could be done one by one or providing a table view with all the files remaining without pictures.
This could be simpler then modify the name of such files or to create a nfo file

Sorry in advance, if the option is already there but I was not able to find.

Thanks again
Valter

Thanks for the great feedback.  I’m glad you like it.

For all the movies which could not be found (due to bad naming etc.) you can follow these simple steps:
1)   Go to the “About images” page and select the Detail page
2)   Enter the IMDB id into the field (without the trailing tt – the number only) and click the Search button next to it.
3)   In the “Select Directory” dialogue, choose the folder in which the “problem” movie file is.  Click OK.
All the detail for the movie will be scraped and saved into the selected folder (along with your movie)

I don’t think you can get easier than that...

Enjoy

Offline bvalter1964

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Yes I noticed that, but in this case you have to manually create the relevant subdirectory. (I know I am lazy)

You immagine to start a new scan of a movie directory (as I did), everything will be inside the new directories except the unfind movies. It would be great, if them will remain listed ready to add only the ID.Then restart the previous procedure without searching and have all ok.

Thanks in any case 
valter

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Yes I noticed that, but in this case you have to manually create the relevant subdirectory. (I know I am lazy)

You immagine to start a new scan of a movie directory (as I did), everything will be inside the new directories except the unfind movies. It would be great, if them will remain listed ready to add only the ID.Then restart the previous procedure without searching and have all ok.

Thanks in any case 
valter

OK, now I understand why you want a table containing the failed movies and a field where you can enter the imdb id into.  I might add a column to the "Batch Operations" grid on the Settings / Batch page where you can enter imdb ids into.  Maybe list all the imdb ids of the scraped movies and then you can add missing ids or change current ids (if it is an incorrect id for a specific movie) and then have an option to "re-scrape" all movies which imdb ids in the grid does not match the ids saved with the movies. 

I’ll fiddle with it and maybe include it in a future release.

Offline bvalter1964

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
great

Offline bvalter1964

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Why do not implement a 3D mark for 3d movies? If it is difficult an auto system, a manual flag could make the job.
Thanks
Valter

Offline SuperDIY

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Multimedia Collection Organiser - Updated - New version: 1.0.0.12 (18 Feb 2013)
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »
New version uploaded today (18 Feb 2013).

Changelog extract:

Version 1.0.0.12: (18 Feb 2013)

* Movie Images - Better support for multipart movies when performing bulk scraping.
  Additional parts will be named _n where n is incremented as more parts for the same
  movie is found  and the option to rename the movie to match the IMDB title option is
  selected.
* Movie Images - Scraping code updated to handle updtes on the IMDB website.
* Movie Images - Added more UTF8 replacements for XML movie files.

Download link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2394062/mmcorg-zip-november-23-2010-3-21-pm-1-6-meg
Help File link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2799004/help-pdf-may-10-2011-10-46-am-2-0-meg
Readme file link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2530853/readme-txt-january-19-2011-2-55-pm-2k