My connection is working again, this time after removing live mail I updated windows 7 with windows update, every update except the windows live essentials update, wich is optional.
I checked if my mede8er was still connecting, and it was, so I made a restore point.
Then I did the windows live essentials update. The mede8er stayed connected, and does not ask for a log on.
(check is you have the settings in the configuration of the homegroup/network set to acces without a password).
So now it's working together,
side by side on my PC, Mede8er and Windows Live Mail (version 2009, build 14.0.8117.0416)
Maybe worth a try. Good luck everyone.