Thanks Maasbommel...this is exactly what I was doing but no luck..
Always get "network location cannot be reached"...
Ethernet switch Dlink DES1005D
Conneted with Belkin Powerine AV starter kit
(speed when conneted same cables to laptop 5289 kbps download...upload approx the same)...
AVG Free antivirus
NAS mode - ON
When starting DHCP IP (Auto), it set himself to 126.96.36.199 (Testing - OK!)
Now..RUN...\\mede8er\c .... fail! (see obove)...
Let me know what am I missing here???
Did you also try this: \\188.8.131.52\c
It could be that you are having a DNS resolve issue and hostname mede8er doesn't get translated to an ip-address.
If that doesn't work then need a completer picture to think with you in right troubleshooting process to come to the root cause.
Can you please be more precise how things are connected together?
What I am missing in the picture:
- how is your PC hooked up in this network? (I guess on a port of the switch)?
- are there more switches, routers and pc's hooked up?
- what is the operating system of your PC (vista 32 or 64, XP or Win7 32 or 64).
- you use DHCP to get IP for Mede8er. Where is your DHCP server? I guess it comes from an Internet ADSL or cable router seen the ip addres your mede8er is getting. Is this a multi-ip router? So does your PC also get's an ip address from this router?
I think or following possible causes:
- duplicate IP-address in your network, check if your all your components in your network have different ip addresses.
- problem with the powerline plug connection. Just try to hookup mede8er with an utp cable directly to your switch to see if the problem is gone.
If all of this does not give a solution, just try to reset your network in this order:
- bring your PC's down and power off
- switch off your mede8er (not standby, but power-off)
- switch off your switch
- switch off your internet cable or ADSL router
Power everything up like this:
- first your internet router (wait until it is fully up and operational)
- then power-up the switch (wait until it is fully up and operational)
- then the mede8er (wait until it is fully up and operational)
- then boot up your PC and check both ip of PC and mede8er, they should be different. Leave any other PC's off
- check if things work now