Author Topic: Opening the 1000X3D remote?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline cookie365

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Opening the 1000X3D remote?
« on: December 21, 2019, 12:32:11 AM »
Has anyone done this? There's something rattling around inside - probably a bit of plastic as it doesn't seem to be affecting the functionality.

Normally I'd just start prying the thing open but with the buttons in the side I'm wary of the possibility of springs flying out that I can't put back in.

It's annoying enough for me to want to open up the remote to get it out, but not so annoying I want to risk not having a remote at all :)

Thank you.

Offline chelsea4023

• Helpful Contribution Status: +6/-0
Re: Opening the 1000X3D remote?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:13:59 AM »
hi,
Sorry for the late reply, but if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
I know it must be a pain with the plastic moving around inside but there is more chance of the remote getting damaged once you have dismantled it.
It's still possible to purchase brand new remotes though this website, so if irritates you to that degree you should purchase a new remote and then dismantle the existing one.

Offline Roje

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
Hi. I'd like to open this remote as I have a problem with 2 of the buttons, the one being the most used "Input" or "Enter" centre button.
In an older thread, it was suggested that I use the side "Function" button to assign it to "Input". However, this is not possible, as the way I understand it, the original button needs to
be working in order to do this, as the assignment does not happen via onscreen selections.

Thanks

Offline cookie365

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:09:13 PM »
hi,
Sorry for the late reply, but if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
I know it must be a pain with the plastic moving around inside but there is more chance of the remote getting damaged once you have dismantled it.
It's still possible to purchase brand new remotes though this website, so if irritates you to that degree you should purchase a new remote and then dismantle the existing one.
Thank you @chelsea4023 yes I think I'll put up with it. Sorry for not acknowledging your post earlier, for some reason I didn't get an alert.