Author Topic: TV Scraping and Trailers seem to have stopped working  (Read 96 times)

Offline kazza61

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
TV Scraping and Trailers seem to have stopped working
« on: November 16, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »
Using the 800X3D.
Movie scraping still working perfectly. For trailers though I get the message to check connection. For TV, the 'Scan Folder' process doesn't even pick up the TV shows it just shows as scanning the drive letter.
As ever, any assistance gratefully received.
Thank you.

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-10
Re: TV Scraping and Trailers seem to have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:05:31 PM »
600X3D - Same thing here. Movies still scraping but TV series just gives the spinning 8 logo for several minutes until it fails.

As we both have the same issue and our devices are different, I would guess the problem comes from the TVDB again. At the moment I'm doing everything manually but it has taken me several hours to create the images and series.xml files for just 9 series. Even doing that, the only thing that gets displayed are the folder and fanart images. The description, actors, etc. are not displaying, even though they are in the series.xml file.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +196/-54
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:28:05 AM »
Mede8er are no longer active.  All the code was created by their subcontractor, who had the tools.  The last fixes where done by by an  enthusiast at the European Distributor......by patching the firmware itself with a hex editor!

Mede8er1 is trying to identify the problem. Fixing it is another issue entirely. 

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-10
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:55:47 AM »
It worked fine until a couple of days ago. As I said in my reply to kazza61, the fact that the same thing happens on 2 different models suggests the problem is not coming from the player.

It is good to know that Mede8er1 is looking into it although I fear that it may be impossible to fix unless the TVDB developer is willing to reverse whatever change he made that caused this.

I understand that we are hanging onto old technology however, all the Android boxes available don't seem to be very reliable. Indeed, I purchased one and it failed as soon as I connected it. Even worse, it took out my Bose amplifier which cost me 157 euros to have repaired.

I seriously considered the Nvidia Shield TV box but the remote control killed it for me. It might be good for most people. It doesn't work for me because I use a video projector with the sound system and player at the back of the room.

If anyone has come across a good replacement, I'm all ears!