Author Topic: Sources for Content  (Read 101 times)

Offline time2jet01

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Sources for Content
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:43:54 am »
Are there any sources for movie content still viable?  Also, are there any site where you can download for a fee legal movies?  Iím in the USA.  Thank you in advance.   Iím also looking for a media player that can support 4:4:4 to add to my media player collection.  (I have 4 Mede8ers. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +194/-54
Re: Sources for Content
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:05:44 am »
All need DRM. The player has no DRM , and you cannot install Silverlight nor Videguard.

And the latest chips are now for Google TV with more support for DRM. But you must confirm which services are supported before buying. Despite these chips being available, no Internet TV suplliers support them. They prefre either contracts with specific brands, like Apple TV or Roku, or PC.

A mini PC can load any PC client with embedded DRM. That has more flexibility. But passthrough of HD audio remains an issue. It would appear only the latest Lake chips have it....not the cheaper Trail chips. I have a Trail chip....and am not inclined to upgrade at the moment to find out.

https://nucblog.net/2017/03/intel-releases-the-final-hdmi-firmware-for-apollo-and-kaby-lake/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:28:52 am by jer1956 »