Author Topic: ThumbGen  (Read 296078 times)

Offline thumbgen

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
  • ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
ThumbGen
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:41:30 AM »
PS: I was asked to post the info about TG in a separate topic...so here it goes...

Hi

Maybe ThumbGen works also with your player... give it a try  ;)

http://thumbgen.org

Templates (moviesheets) Repository: http://wdtvlive.net

Practically you can use it right now if you do following:

* In Options/Advanced Settings you set for MainSheet the naming convention to suit player's needs: most probably $M\about (.jpg)
* You download from wdtvlive.net and select a moviesheet template that suits the Xtreamer requirements (mabye 1280x720, having a layout that fits your needs)
* Recommended: You always choose to generate also metadata (.tgmd file) that will allow you to automatically recreate all your sheets using a different template at any time in the future

If no interest there's no problem, I just wanted to ask :)

You can get something like this:

Regards
ThumbGen
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:21:18 PM by thumbgen »
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

Offline Nick

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: ThumbGen
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 06:11:06 AM »
The software is great but i'm having a couple of problems.

When I create the moviesheets sometimes it does not put the fanart in automatically?
I thought it was one of the templates I was using but if you look at the image attached you can clearly see that it is not putting the fanart in with the standard template.

Please help....

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:33:49 AM »
Make sure both "Do not autopopulate background/fanart' checkboxes are NOT checked... and u will get background and 3 fanarts autopopulated.
Get ThumbGen!

Offline iff2

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »
Hi,

I have a question about external subtitle detection. It detects that all subtitles are in my home language, but it is not like that. How does the detection work?

Very good program by the way. Also who is using it with mede8er, put the file size limit to 500kb. 

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
External Subtitles detection
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
I have a question about external subtitle detection. It detects that all subtitles are in my home language, but it is not like that. How does the detection work?

Detection of external subs works like this:

movie.avi
movie.srt  -> the default language specified in "Options/Default ext subs lang" is used
movie.es.srt -> Spanish is detected
movie.de.srt -> German detected

But I have an idea for the future... as I anyway started to use google translate for generating playlists, I will try to "translate" a sentence from the subtitle file (if possible) and let google translate detect what language is it. If not detected, the default one will be used. I will try implementing this soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:01:43 PM by thumbgen »
Get ThumbGen!

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »
Thank you. I didnt see that option. Everything seems fine now.

I have switched from YAMJ to Mede8er and will be using this from now on with my own template.

Keep up the good work. Im going to use it again and then will donate.

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 01:34:47 PM »
Thanks, I am glad u like it and glad I found mede8er forum.

PS: Be aware that the app was built initially for the wdtv player needs and just later extended to be more flexible and usable with any other player. But sometimes flexibility means more switches, more flags, more options. Anyway I am sure that after learning it a bit, it is not very complicated to get results.
Get ThumbGen!

Offline iff2

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Are you considering to add dvd detection as well? It would be nice feature. It should sum vobs containing main movie stream and detect subtitles and audio from there. Maybe in the future even dvd iso or blu-ray iso detection?  ;)

Keep up the good work!

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
DVD detection should work already if u select the right .ifo file. I use mediainfo for detecting media informations so what they support I also support :)
Same for bluray ... select the right m2ts and u get the info.

ThumbGen is a file-based processor and I have built in processing for dvd/bluray discs (sheets are placed automatically in the root folder, etc). The dvd/bluray support is a bit weak as I don't have such files and I had no real interest/test-cases to improve it.

DVD iso detection works already, I take automatically the first .ifo that is not menu and extract infos from it.
Bluray iso detection is under testing, I can't make it work for XP (UDF file format has some issues under XP), I hope I can have it under Win7 (if u have a bluray iso and win7 pls try v0.12.18 and tell me if u get mediainfo about it).
Get ThumbGen!

Offline rone112

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 08:50:28 AM »
Hi thumbgen
thanks so much ! this is really awesome man ! please can you tell me where to get the template you used in the screenshot , i really like it !
Tyrone Naryan
Mede8er MED500X v2.0.1
HDMI Video & Coaxial Digital Audio Passthrough
Samsung HT-Z210M Receiver
LG 42"LH20R Television HDREADY

Offline iff2

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
DVD detection should work already if u select the right .ifo file. I use mediainfo for detecting media informations so what they support I also support Smiley
Same for bluray ... select the right m2ts and u get the info.

ThumbGen is a file-based processor and I have built in processing for dvd/bluray discs (sheets are placed automatically in the root folder, etc). The dvd/bluray support is a bit weak as I don't have such files and I had no real interest/test-cases to improve it.

DVD iso detection works already, I take automatically the first .ifo that is not menu and extract infos from it.
Bluray iso detection is under testing, I can't make it work for XP (UDF file format has some issues under XP), I hope I can have it under Win7 (if u have a bluray iso and win7 pls try v0.12.18 and tell me if u get mediainfo about it).
DVD iso detection works fine, DVD folder detection works also fine, when you know which ifo to select. Unfotunally I'm on XP right now, so I can't test Blu-Ray iso. Maybe some readers of this topic can do the testing.  :)

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
please can you tell me where to get the template you used in the screenshot , i really like it !

Visit the http://wdtvlive.net (it is the place where I publish my releases) and go to the section Moviesheets. There are a dozen of templates there... the one in the screenshot is made by dribbler (Ultimage Glass Template).
Get ThumbGen!

Offline tachita

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
Hello thumbgen, nice work.
i was trying to test the software , but can get started. the thumbgen.exe give some weird errors when try to run , dont create anything.
is it some rules to follow?
i have latest SP and netframework 3.5. with TVixie and YAMJ all is ok, but with thumbgen dont.
i like those info's about movie streams.

Offline thumbgen

• ThumbGen's Developer
    • ThumbGen
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »
You need .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 - if the app is not starting at all

If the program starts and crashes then there's a log.txt generated... send it to me at thumbgen [at] googlemail.com and I'll check it.
Get ThumbGen!

Offline tachita

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
You need .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 - if the app is not starting at all

If the program starts and crashes then there's a log.txt generated... send it to me at thumbgen [at] googlemail.com and I'll check it.

yes, but where can i find that log ? , that window promt me about this, but there is no log file, neither inside, neither outside of that folder. :(