Author Topic: Cannot view photos  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-10
Cannot view photos
« on: August 05, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
I'm currently running firmware v4.0.2 on an X6003D. Previously I had v3.0.6 and all my photo collection (jpg) was perfectly viewable. I have no idea whether the issue is down to the change in firmware but none of my photos display except as thumbnails. As soon as I attempt to open any thumbnail the screen goes black and stays that way. Under the Setup menus, I could find nothing that would indicate photos have been disabled.

The odd thing is that all covers, fanart, etc. are also in jpg format and they display perfectly.

Any ideas on how I can get the photos to display again please?

Edit:
I just discovered the post at http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,17236.msg109771.html.

As I understand it, I need to do a factory reset however that would mean losing all my settings and my personalized skin. Can I restore the configuration afterwards using the backed-up config file I kept, or am I doomed to using the factory configuration and standard skin from now on?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:11:39 PM by Cinoche »

Offline micron

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +5/-1
Cannot view photos
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:41:09 PM »
The error lies in the configuration file.
You have to install 4.02 again with the emergency method (this will also reset the configuration), you can use your custom skin, but you can NOT use the saved configuration file, you have to do the configuration by hand. After you have ended the configuration you can save a new configuration file, to use in the future. If all was done oke all should work fine now.
Hope this will help.
Greets, Arnold
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:00:03 PM by micron »

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-10
Re: Cannot view photos
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 06:17:58 AM »
Thanks Arnold,

Obviously, I will have to try that although I'm afraid I will not remember all the settings as I setup my Med8er 4 years ago.