Author Topic: Factory Reset  (Read 9012 times)

Offline discovery7

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Factory Reset
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
I have tried to install the latest update for the 800X3D,   6/4/2016. I have read the instruction book and tried all combinations of button pushing etc. Nothing will load the programme. Help please.
Is there a factory reset sequence not in the user manual?
I also can't see the X3D on the network, I did have it but then it stopped working. The only indication I get for the X3D on the network name list is REALSIL. does tis indicate a fault on the Ethernet port?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: Factory Reset
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
You have to install using Emergency Install. Once it's working by itself, you must power cycle everthing on the network to clear out DNS caches, including the router.

There is no hard reset via a little button at the bottom of a hole.

Offline discovery7

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
I have the November 2015 firmware installed on the unit, if I leave this firmware on the unit do I still have to do an emergency sequence in order to get Ethernet back?

Offline adamforeman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
I have the November 2015 firmware installed on the unit, if I leave this firmware on the unit do I still have to do an emergency sequence in order to get Ethernet back?
When I upgrade new firmware, I ALWAYS use a USB drive with the img file on it attached DIRECTLY to the med8ter. Turn off the device and insert the USB drive, then hold the power button for 10 seconds and release. It should now look for the firmware file on the USB and install. Check for the latest firmware before doing so. There have been some updates over the last few weeks but the software revision is the same and the date hasn't been changed either so people haven't realised of the newer tweaks and bug fixes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »

Realtek players have always had this problem. Upgrade the firmware and the network detects two players, the old firmware one, and the upgraded one. You need to power cycle everthing thing, and go through Lan setup again.

Offline discovery7

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:56:12 AM »
Can someone help me please. I am 68y/o and find the info given on how to cycle the Ethernet beyond my understanding. I have a BT router, how do I recycle it to flush DNS. The mede8er I have no idea how to flush DNS or how to recycle. If someone could explain in plain English so a non technical person can understand please.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
Power Cycle just means turn off, wait and turn back on.

Offline discovery7

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »
I have done exactly as told and Ethernet still wont show on network. I have connected an old WD media player and it works ok. I can only conclude the Ethernet port has stopped working. Thanks for all your help.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »
The WD has a sigma chip. Realtek chipped players are a pain to get working after a firmware upgrade. They have never been plug'n'play.

Go into Setup, and select Restore Defaults. Go through set up again, and remember to turn on Samba. You should be able to see the players own  share via Network in Media Library

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +13/-1
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
So, you have an Ethernet cable. You connect it to WD Media Player, that media player can connect to the internet. Same cable, you pull and connect to Mede8er and Mede8er can’t connect to the internet. Is the preceding description correct?

If so, you could try pulling the power cord from the Mede8er, waiting 30 sec, plugging it back in, making sure the Ethernet cord is seated correctly (clicks into place) and trying again.