Author Topic: Drive size limitations for the Med6003D  (Read 946 times)

Offline mschiff

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Drive size limitations for the Med6003D
« on: March 08, 2018, 02:57:58 pm »
Are there any drive size limitations for the Med6003D?

We have been using a Mediasonic USB Raid box with 4 3tb drives, and it works fine, though sometimes it takes a long time to be seen.

We would like to switch to a G-Raid 20tb drive which boots MUCH faster, but in RAID 0 NTFS GPT, the Mediator does not see the drive at all. If I format it with exFat, it will connect, but the Mediator does not see all the files on the drive (there are about 10tb of files). The only way I have been able to make it work, is as a JBOD, but we want to have a single partition that shows all the files at once so you can search without changing drives.

The G-Raid box works perfectly in Raid 0 NTFS GPT when plugged into a computer. The model is here:
http://www.g-technology.com/products/g-raid-thunderbolt-2
It has both thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connections.

TIA

-- Martin

Offline onfre

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Drive size limitations for the Med6003D
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:27:08 am »
Hi there, i own a USB 3.0 LaCie 6To formatted in GPT, 1 partition and now it works fine !
You need the powerful and free software EaseUS Partition Master 13.5, then plug your HDD, you will see a short partition named "*", delete it, move the other partition to the start (drag the blue rectangle on the left and enlarge it to the rigth to fill all in blue. Then execute the 2 tasks, wait, then it will be recognize on your MED600X3D ! I'm using USB disk ejector to be sure everything is OK on my Windows 10.

Mede8er Med600x3d
OLED LG 55EF950V tv