Author Topic: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies  (Read 75109 times)

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Re: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2018, 07:49:06 AM »

Software v3.0.1
Compiled September 16 2013
Bootloader KIIE.0402.0065
Bord 1186

I have the jpg corrupted image problem. Is there a firmware update to fix my mede8er Med1000x3d?

updated firmware resolves the corrupted images when scraping
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,19488.0.html

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline veger69

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »
Yes I know but was wanting to make sure my mede8er wasn’t an older version like V2. how do you tell what versions your mede8er is? And what firmware you use to update?

Offline veger69

« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
Ok updated to 4.0.2 did a scrapp. It worked but is there a way to overwrite the corrupted images? Or do I have to delete them all?

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2019, 05:48:14 AM »

Ok updated to 4.0.2 did a scrapp. It worked but is there a way to overwrite the corrupted images? Or do I have to delete them all?

You must delete the 'movie.name.xml' files in the movie folders that have corrupted images in order for the scraper to re-scrape. You dont need to delete the images as new images will be downloaded with the new scrape.

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline veger69

« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2019, 07:51:56 PM »
You must delete the 'movie.name.xml' files in the movie folders that have corrupted images in order for the scraper to re-scrape. You dont need to delete the images as new images will be downloaded with the new scrape.
ok movies working well now but I’m still having problems with corruption on tv series with one title “castle Rock” deleted all xml files and rescanned still corrupt images
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:01:04 PM by veger69 »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
The code is subject specific. The movie code was changed becuase the movie database changed. Are you saying the seperate TV database is now using similar similar images?

Offline veger69

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:46 AM »
The code is subject specific. The movie code was changed becuase the movie database changed. Are you saying the seperate TV database is now using similar similar images?
Movies all resolved normally, but when I scrapped my tv series folder, all resolved correctly except the series ‘castle Rock’.  The folder thumbnail looked normal but on the series window the image was corrupted. Edit showed the jpg was normal. So for some reason the combination corrupted the image. I deleted all xml files and jpg and re-scanned the folder same corrupted series window image.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2019, 09:12:51 AM »
If its just one series then the problem is that the person who created and uploaded the imge  used a similar compression to the movie data base. The fix is edit that one jpg with a PC and resave without multi-pass compression.

Offline chasrog

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »
1076/5000
First of all, download the "Image Resize for Windows 3.0" software that is compatible with both win7 and win10.
After you have installed it in administrator mode you will see that if you right-click on any image the "resize pictures" entry appears in the menu window.
Now go into the mede8er and scan your movies and you will see that when you go to the mede8er Prefriti menu and watch your movies they will have all the covers grainy.
At this point (via PC) go to the folder that contains your films and select the 4 files (cover-fanart-about-folder) with the right mouse button and select resize pictures from the menu, click on ok.
Go back to the mede8er in favorites and you will see that the covers have become ok.
At this point you navigate one by one the various movies to which you have modified the images and stop when you show the about, you will see that it is corrupt.
At this point when you are on the image about press on the remote control the "modify" button and you will see that the image about becomes perfect ... select save and it's done.

The 'modify' button is the edit button. I press this nothing happens. There is nothing in the menu on right side to suggest to fix corrupted (about) picture. Can it be made more clear. Thanks

Offline Wurlitzer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
Glad I found this thread, I had the same issue, just upgraded to the latest firmware (thanks for the support Mede8er) then "EDIT" the affected movies, scape and save, all back to normal. :D