Author Topic: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies  (Read 75112 times)

Offline livevil

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2018, 11:43:06 AM »
It seems that mitmproxy can be installed under windows (if the your "server" is running windows).

Indeed, the same approach could be used to deal with the cloudfare/subtitles problems. I know I used my synology as a DNS server to forward requests to api.opensubtitles.org directly to their IP adress, but the query could be edited with mitmproxy (if performed in plain http, not sure it would works with https), without the need to use a specific DNS server.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:51:38 AM by livevil »

Offline Satnaff

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
I know you're trying to help, fair play, but you've lost me, I'm afraid (surely I'm not the only one?).
I guess I could start swatting up on the technical solutions and getting my head around the jargon just being offered, maybe go and buy / build a pi, start going through a few techy tutorials, but frankly I don't relish this prospect and have a life to be getting on with.

I did email mede8er 'support' but haven't heard back.  Is anybody there . . .?

Offline livevil

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:46 PM »
I understand your point and I completely agree with you. The first reason I bought a mede8er was to stop tinkering with a"HTPC" , I wanted to have a proper home mdia player with remote and everything working straight from boot.

But now, facing the different problems and, I must say, a little bit disappointed by the lack of "extended" support for this player, I try to solve these problems with what I had "on board". I got a "not-very-used" raspberry, so it was perfect for that  :D

But still, I agree it's not and it shoudn't be a solution...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:54:38 PM by livevil »

Offline xlr8r

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »
For Movie scraping, I gave "Media Companion" a go. (quite similar to TvRename)

It does the .jpg's perfectly, but the only thing i couldn't get to work was the "about" bit. and obviously that's the important bit....

maybe some guru on here can tweak it to work ?

Movie Scraper
https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=mediacompanion
source moved to;
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacompanion/

For Tv shows;
http://www.tvrename.com/ works perfectly....
in my setup (for Tv Shows only), i use Sickbeard and Sabnzb to "obtain" my tv shows which get downloaded automatically onto a NAS drive. Then i use TvRename to scrape (using it's built-in mede8er template).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:07:04 PM by xlr8r »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
I know you're trying to help, fair play, but you've lost me, I'm afraid (surely I'm not the only one?).
I guess I could start swatting up on the technical solutions and getting my head around the jargon just being offered, maybe go and buy / build a pi, start going through a few techy tutorials, but frankly I don't relish this prospect and have a life to be getting on with.

I did email mede8er 'support' but haven't heard back.  Is anybody there . . .?

You already have had the official reponse from Mede8er1. The problem is not fixable via the Realtek SDK. And it's not a fix anyway.  It's a workaround to faulty data from the movie database. The player does not have faulty code. There is no code fault to fix.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +13/-1
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2018, 03:57:32 PM »
I can help those who want to use ThumbGen.

Original ThumbGen thread: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,2006.0.html

Current thread:  http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,19397.0.html

Offline Satnaff

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
You already have had the official reponse from Mede8er1. The problem is not fixable . . .
Sorry for my ignorance; so am I to assume Mede8er1 = customer support = my response? (and my apologies if you're about to tell me 'if you'd read thread xyz you'd know all this' but in an ideal world, none of us would need to venture into the depths of forums to try and fix things, especially those, like me, who only recently purchased a mede8er player). 
I note mede8er1's first post on this thread mentioning along the lines 'we think it's this' and 'we think it's that'.  Really?
I'm just an average Joe consumer with a fairly broad / general IT acumen for most things and I buy stuff expecting it to work and try to get all the kit operating in sync and as media friendly as possible for my less well-teched but better half so as she can watch the telly using one remote and without having to worry or care anything about ethernet cables / HDMI inputs / file management and all the rest of it.  So as an average Joe consumer, I bought my (second) shiny new mede8er only 3 months ago for a spare room.  As before, it came with a nice little glossy manual telling the customer all about how he/she can easily scrape - just click this, click that - job done, it works!  Well guess what, no more it doesn't.
I have a reasonable amount of patience and truly respect everyones' efforts to sort out problems (I can see you are a major contributor, thanks), but doubtless many will just feel totally let down by Mede8er - their support included, whoever that is.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:24:11 PM by Satnaff »

Offline xlr8r

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2018, 07:17:27 PM »
after a bit of playing about with ThumbGen, it seems to work ok for me now using these settings;

(nice job ThumbGen!!)

Offline Tbird18

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »
I have a 800X3D with the same problem regarding the scrambled pictures after scratching. Problem is there for a couple of weeks now. As I read the previous messages I get the feeling that Mede8er is letting down his customers. I think that this will be a good case to solve for the Consumer organisations. It is really unacceptable that customers are let down this easy. A bit of action from the side of Mede8er to solve this problem would be the least they could do. Mede8er isn't even trying ! Unacceptable that customers have to sort it out themselves . Shame on you Mede8er !! Have this 800X3D for approx 3 years now. What will be the next unsolveable problem ?

Rob

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2018, 04:13:36 PM »
Which ever third party internet service chooses to change beyond the Realtek SDK to cope with. The code is not desinged top down. It is built bottom up using pre compiled libraries from Realtek. They stopped supporting the 1186 SDK ages ago. It is an outdated chip.

I have a Smart BD player which has also lost YouTube and Netflix due to server changes at the other end.

And if Mede8er had new product then Realtek would be telling Mede8er that SDK fixes will be for the 1295 Google TV chip. That has been the case all along since the 1073 chip. After three years there are no SDK fixes. That is not new. The industry has been like this for 20 years.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:27:14 PM by jer1956 »

Offline stof77

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
I can help those who want to use ThumbGen.

Original ThumbGen thread: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,2006.0.html

Current thread:  http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,19397.0.html

Thanx for the offer I will try it (will have to use it inside a virtual machine because I'm on mac), hopefully this will make it a bit easier to get the scraping stuff for new movies,

will start with xlr8r settings.

thanx both of you.

Offline stof77

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »
Just a quick & stupid first question , can we use TMDB as movie collector and Thumbgen will get rid of the header problem or is best to avoid it ?

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +13/-1
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »
Let's take ThumbGen discussion to that thread.

Offline CaenenR

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »
Since a few days my mede8er 600X3D doesn't scrape at all. If I search for movie-info he searches a few minutes and can't find any movies. Also if I try to search for movies he already found in the past!!
The same for tv-series and music concerts. He finds nothing at all...

Anybody has the same issue?? Or somebody has the golden tip?
Mede8er MED600X3D, firmware 3.0.1, Windows 8.1, Ziggo

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-0
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
after a bit of playing about with ThumbGen, it seems to work ok for me now using these settings;

(nice job ThumbGen!!)

With your advice the graphic file about.jpg is not created.
Could you better explain the settings for the FILM?
Greetings