Author Topic: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies  (Read 75258 times)

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-0
Re: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »
TMDB have changed the jpg encoding engine and this has caused the issue on the Mede8er Movie Scraper. We have investigated the issue and think the problem lies in the header marker of the jpg files as the parameter density is incorrect. It used to read 'density    = 72 x 72 DPI (dots per inch)' but now it reads   'density    = 1 x 1 (aspect ratio)' and we think this could be the problem.

We have communicated with tmdb and they say the new images work on all image/decoders they have tested and it would be impossible to regenerate all the images again just to resolve the Mede8er issue. So we left with this mess and nothing we can do from our side to resolve it.

Workaround: Open images that are corrupted on your PC in any image package ie Paint will do and just save it over the original. Then you can open the movie info sheet and press 'Edit' on the remote and then 'save'.

Mede8er1

Hello,
could you better explain the passage to solve the problem?
However, from what you wrote it is clear that the support from TMDB is over, or rather that they do not care about the mede8er ...
I kindly ask you to teach me how to remedy well as the problem is quite annoying.
I have to open the corrupted images with paint (cover.jpg-fanart.jpg-about.jpg-folder.jpg) and then how do I modify them?
I have seen that those corrupted have 72dpi, but even if I put them at 300dpi they do not fix.
What is the correct procedure?
Greetings waiting
Sayon

Offline Freebird

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »
Hi....

I too have the corrupted images on movie scraper. Front cover on library and on the info sheet. I have noted down the DPI resolution of three movies, one corrupt, the other two are okay. Corrupt - all images are 96DPI. The other two are...... First - about.jpg 96DPI cover/fan/folder all 72DPI.....Second - fan 300DPI about 96DPI cover/folder 72DPI. I can’t see any consistency here for me to attempt any manual intervention.

I have tried the workaround mentioned earlier but have had no luck, had an incline it wouldn’t work as about.jpg is just a blocky mess when viewed in the movies folder and when opened in paint.

Has anyone found a workable fix yet. Was hoping this issue would have been fixed like the TV scraper the other month, doesn’t look like this is going to be possible.

On a lighter note - Any news on a UHD player yet?

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 02:43:27 PM »
The easiest and quickest way to do the workaround is as foll

1. Download and install 'Image Resize' Its a free Microsoft App https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/resize-image/9p87m9tknkvl?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0 
2. Right click on any image and you will see a new entry 'Resize pictures', now select this and set the size to Large and tick the 'Replace the originals'
3. Navigate to a movie folder that has the image problem
4. Select all the images then right click and select  'Resize pictures' and then 'Resize' bottom right.
5. Navigate to the same movie on the Mede8er and open the info image (about.jpg) and select 'edit' on the Mede8er remote and then select 'Save' on the TV screen.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline richie0100

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 02:44:38 PM »
Tried what u said with paint but still the same

Offline Freebird

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »
Thank you. I will give that a try.

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »
Tried what u said with paint but still the same

Pls give me the movie name

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline sayon

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »

1. Download and install 'Image Resize' Its a free Microsoft App https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/resize-image/9p87m9tknkvl?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0 
2. Right click on any image and you will see a new entry 'Resize pictures', now select this and set the size to Large and tick the 'Replace the originals'
4. Select all the images then right click and select  'Resize pictures' and then 'Resize' bottom right.
5. Navigate to the same movie on the Mede8er and open the info image (about.jpg) and select 'edit' on the Mede8er remote and then select 'Save' on the TV screen.

Mede8er1

I followed your guide and now everything is ok.
Thanks for your advice.
Greetings

Offline elton-77

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-1
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:00 AM »
Thanks for a workaround ... regrettably it does not work for me.

Mede8er1

Firstly, having downloaded Image Resizer and rebooted my Windows 10 PC,  right clicking on any picture does not have the 'new entry' Resize Pictures or the ability to set the picture to Large.

What have I missed here?

One thing for sure, this is a pain in the arse!
AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Denon  AVR3313, Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline fifre

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 12:55:20 PM »
Hello,
I hope that mede8er will find a durable solution, Image Resizer does not work for me and I'm on windows 7 more youtube does not work anymore, the net apps do not work so that's a lot

Offline sayon

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Thanks for a workaround ... regrettably it does not work for me.

Firstly, having downloaded Image Resizer and rebooted my Windows 10 PC,  right clicking on any picture does not have the 'new entry' Resize Pictures or the ability to set the picture to Large.

What have I missed here?

One thing for sure, this is a pain in the arse!

strange...
did you install it as an administrator?
I did so and the menu appeared by right clicking on an image.

Offline sayon

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »
Hello,
I hope that mede8er will find a durable solution, Image Resizer does not work for me and I'm on windows 7 more youtube does not work anymore, the net apps do not work so that's a lot

As Mede8er1 explained, I know that the problem is not the mede8er, but it is TMDB.
I report what was said by mede8er1:
<< We have communicated with tmdb and they say that the new images work on all the images / decoders they have tested and it would be impossible to regenerate all the images again just to solve Mede8er's problem. So we left with this mess and nothing we can do on our part to solve it. >>

So I think the solution will never be from TMDB ...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »
Hello,
Realtek are not going to fix the SDK for outdated chips. As third party servers change at their end, then the clients fail on the player.
If Mede8er had new product the X3D would still have these issues as an outdated device. Realtek would only be fixing the latest SDK for their ARM based chips, not the 1186/1185 and 1073.

Offline stof77

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »

Mede8er1

Hi there I'm also concerned with this problem,

what alternative is there for Mac users or Windows 7,  the Image Resize app is Windows 10 only !!

Offline fifre

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
thank you jer1956 for your post it is clear that the problem comes from TMDB! my question is whether the mede8er is deffinitely lost for the film  pictures , if yes I do not see the interest of mede8er ?? thank you for your work

Offline elton-77

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-1
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »
strange...
did you install it as an administrator?
I did so and the menu appeared by right clicking on an image.

How can an app be installed as an administrator?
I visited the Microsoft store, dowloaded and it automatically installed.
Could you enlighten me please?
AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Denon  AVR3313, Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs