Author Topic: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies  (Read 13882 times)

Offline TheHX

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:12:49 pm »
Hi,
I've read topic about TV series scratching problem but it ain't the same. Device stratches pictures (cover and fanart) but can not merge properly with written info into "about" pic. Once "about" is corrupted, once "cover". What would be the reason ? Firmware issue ? (with other disk the same). The corrupted "about" looks like below :
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:08:15 pm by TheHX »

Offline Cheitane

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:18:58 am »
I have this also. All was fine a few days before and I didn't modify anything in the config. I tried to re-install the software but the problem is always here  :(

Offline TheHX

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »
it seems we've been suffering the same issue for several days. Cover, fanart and folder looks fine. Then "about" file is corrupted. This is software issue I believe.

Offline PalfiZsolt

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:43:20 pm »
I have same issue :( It was good some days ago. Maybe something was changed on tmdb side which has to be integrated into mede8er firmware.

Offline Cheitane

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:18:09 am »
I think I have found the origin of the problem. There are differences between the pictures coming from Tmdb when all was good and now:
The good old ones of cover.jpg and folder.jpg were in 300 dpi resolution, they are now in 72 dpi.
The good old one of fanart.jpg had a jfif information, it has no jfif information now.
I don't know how to change that with a PC, but it is quite easy with Graphic Converter with a Mac. The pictures are to be modified and saved in jpg progressive with jfif information.
After that you can delete the bad about.jpg in the movie folder, and add the folder including the movie folder in jukebox+ : a good about.jpg will be generated in the jukebox+ and you can copy it to thr original movie folder. And all is good so  :)
It would be better if Tmdb or Mede8er do something  ;)
Excuse my poor english...

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-1
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 01:38:48 am »
I don't use the built-in scraper. I use ThumbGen with Tmdb and it is working OK. Could the "progressive" nature of the JPG be the problem? I believe that format is meant for web publishing?

Offline Cheitane

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:03 am »
The old good pictures are in progressive jpg, the bad news also. So it is not the origin of the problem.

Offline izekos

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:08:02 pm »
Same problem for me. Will this be solved? If yes, when?
Mede8er600X3d
Panasonic P50ST60
Yamaha RX671
Synology DS413j+4xWD Red 3TB

Offline aliminator123

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 11:45:40 pm »
Had the same problem today .I resolved it by opening the 3 jpg files in photoshop and then saving them back with a standard baaseline. Then rescanned jukebox .

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:46:12 am »
That is not something the player can do. Tvrename might though, if that also has the problem.

I have been told they are looking at trying jpg processing in the scraper. It may not be feasible, and anything running on the 1186 will be slow.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:13:48 am by jer1956 »

Offline Satnaff

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 05:11:40 pm »
The good old ones of cover.jpg and folder.jpg were in 300 dpi resolution, they are now in 72 dpi.
The good old one of fanart.jpg had a jfif information, it has no jfif information now.
The pictures are to be modified and saved in jpg progressive with jfif information.

Many thanks - your suggestion has helped me out  :)
I'm not so sure it's to do with the resolution, though.  Having scraped a newly added movie via 'Scan Folder', and finding to my dismay that the displayed folder and fanart with embedded cover images all corrupted, I viewed each file in Windows Explorer and they all appeared OK except for the corrupted about.jpg file.  All were 72 ppi.
I don't know much about image processing but I opened the folder.jpg, cover.jpg and fanart.jpg within Photoshop Elements (other programs will surely do the same) and merely saved them using the default 'progressive' option, replacing those scraped.  Then I deleted the corrupted about.jpg file, repeated the 'Scan Folder' process, and all is well with each.

Offline gibraltar

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 04:46:50 pm »
Having the same issue also.
Have been using the internal scrapper since forever (less fuss then external solutions) until some days ago started having the corrupted images issue.
Now I have to go to TMDB download cover file, resize it, copy to movie folder, delete about file and scrape again...
Hope this gets fixed somehow either TMDB side or MED side.

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 06:41:37 pm »
Hello,
unfortunately I too have the same problem for several days.
I have also made the recommendations made by you but only 2 films have gone well.
do you think there will be a solution to the problem or will you have to give up the automatic mode made by the mede8er interface?
It would be a pity ...
Is there a simple way to do it all through software?
regards

Offline YyyNnn

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-12
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 06:57:20 pm »
Same here!!! Please fix

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +100/-24
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 07:40:14 pm »
TMDB have changed the jpg encoding engine and this has caused the issue on the Mede8er Movie Scraper. We have investigated the issue and think the problem lies in the header marker of the jpg files as the parameter density is incorrect. It used to read 'density    = 72 x 72 DPI (dots per inch)' but now it reads   'density    = 1 x 1 (aspect ratio)' and we think this could be the problem.

We have communicated with tmdb and they say the new images work on all image/decoders they have tested and it would be impossible to regenerate all the images again just to resolve the Mede8er issue. So we left with this mess and nothing we can do from our side to resolve it.

Workaround: Open images that are corrupted on your PC in any image package ie Paint will do and just save it over the original. Then you can open the movie info sheet and press 'Edit' on the remote and then 'save'.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm