Author Topic: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies  (Read 16063 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
Re: Corrupted pictures after scratching - single movies
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2018, 03:12:36 pm »
@ Guys I don't understand,

do all the scraped files are corrupted (about - cover - fanart - folder),

or

only the about.jpg ?

It seems here only the about.jpg is corrupted so why messing with all 4 files has to be done, just trying to understand...

The about is built from the others. The build code is corrupting the created about  due to invalid data in the input jpg's. 

Offline hdfan

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2018, 07:25:48 pm »
Bonsoir fifre,

pas de problème, en espérant pouvoir t'aider car je n'utilise pas toutes les fonctions de mon Mede8er1000X3D

Cordialement

Offline richie0100

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:35 pm »
Is there another media player that works like this and has the pictures of the film.

Offline Lee.WHU

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 07:32:58 am »
Is there another media player that works like this and has the pictures of the film.

I've been looking into the Zappiti One, i'm still hoping i wont need to tho and they will resolve this scrapping issue.

Offline ibrouwer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 08:44:45 am »
I am thoroughly disgusted with this kind of support from Mede8er. I bought my 800X3D not too long ago and am now faced with having to buy another product because Mede8er refuses to come up with a solution.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 10:28:40 am »
I am thoroughly disgusted with this kind of support from Mede8er. I bought my 800X3D not too long ago and am now faced with having to buy another product because Mede8er refuses to come up with a solution.

Look at when the first firmware came out. This is not a new product. It is now an outdated product originally created by subcontractors for Sanji. No one is coding for 1186 any more. There is no one to subcontract the work too.

The issue is with retailers selling the X3D at full price, and not as outdated surplus stock now beyond major firmware fixes.

Offline fifre

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 10:39:08 am »
strongly agree, I am also disappointed with the lack of communication and effort on the part of mede8er, to find a solution to the problem of Corrupted pictures after scratching -
I contacted TMDB following this problem here is their answer

Corrupted pictures after scratching
written by fife on February 8, 2018 at 07:30

hello I'm talking to you about a problem after scraping on the case mede8er, for some time the scrape movies no longer works mede8er communicates that "TMDB has changed the encoding engine jpg and this caused the problem on the Scraper Mede8er Movie." please can you give me some hints about this problem and how to do it cordially

Reply from TMDB

Travis Bell Response
MOD
the 8th of February 2018 at 10:25

Hi @fifre, this is a known issue with any JPEG decoder mede8er is using. JPEG decoder they are using.

We have tested many clients and decoders and this is the only reported issue, so I suspect it's just an issue with the particular decoder (or version) they are using. It can be fixed with an update to the decoder

There is no change on our end at this time.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:59 am »
So?
The decoder cannot be changed now. TMDB are creating faulty files and saying the decoder should be more fault tolerant. That is a cop out. They should be creating files with the correct descriptors, not putting aspect ratio data in the DPI field. Who designs a jpg decoder to deal with that?

Patching media to put in missing data is part and parcel of using a Realtek chipped player. They have never been as fault tolerant as Sigma chips.

And it should be noted the issue is not with displaying the downloaded jpg's. The player has no problem with that. The issue is when they are processed to create the About, which no other device may be doing.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:04:30 pm by jer1956 »

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-1
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2018, 03:49:32 pm »
TMDB messed up and are refusing to fix it.

Offline TheHX

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »
Workaround with deleting "about", resizing the rest of pics and scan works perfectly. You can resize with any graphical application (paint, photoshop, irfanview, exactly any pic viewer)..

Offline ibrouwer

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 05:26:53 pm »
Look at when the first firmware came out. This is not a new product. It is now an outdated product originally created by subcontractors for Sanji. No one is coding for 1186 any more. There is no one to subcontract the work too.

The issue is with retailers selling the X3D at full price, and not as outdated surplus stock now beyond major firmware fixes.
Even at a lower price I would not have bought it had I known about this scraper issue. I don't understand why you are so defensive about the lack of support for this product. Surely there has got to be a software workaround for just displaying a jpg image correctly ? The fact that the mede8er is the only product that has a problem points to mede8er and not to the provider of the scrape information. Technology moves forward and if you want to stay in the game you have to move forward with the rest. Not giving any support on a major issue like this is just unacceptable.
I have decided to move away from mede8er and will probably buy a Nvidia Shield TV box.

Offline ibrouwer

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:05 pm »
Workaround with deleting "about", resizing the rest of pics and scan works perfectly. You can resize with any graphical application (paint, photoshop, irfanview, exactly any pic viewer)..

I tried it and it didn't work

Offline TheHX

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2018, 07:41:46 pm »
I delete "about" and slightly resize each one like fanart, cover, folder. that's all. Replace all three and then rescan the folder from player's menu. Fortunately I had just few covers to repair..so far :) 

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2018, 09:27:13 pm »
I confirm that the TV series are scanned for good ...
for the films among all the methods listed the one that works and which, in my opinion, is good for most of us and that of Mede8er1.
I enclose the photo of how to set the software I used to edit the images

Offline sayon

• Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »
1076/5000
First of all, download the "Image Resize for Windows 3.0" software that is compatible with both win7 and win10.
After you have installed it in administrator mode you will see that if you right-click on any image the "resize pictures" entry appears in the menu window.
Now go into the mede8er and scan your movies and you will see that when you go to the mede8er Prefriti menu and watch your movies they will have all the covers grainy.
At this point (via PC) go to the folder that contains your films and select the 4 files (cover-fanart-about-folder) with the right mouse button and select resize pictures from the menu, click on ok.
Go back to the mede8er in favorites and you will see that the covers have become ok.
At this point you navigate one by one the various movies to which you have modified the images and stop when you show the about, you will see that it is corrupt.
At this point when you are on the image about press on the remote control the "modify" button and you will see that the image about becomes perfect ... select save and it's done.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:14:04 pm by sayon »