Try to hard reset your mede8er first (by unplugging dc power plug en plug in again after some 30 secs).
Try also to hard reset your wireless router by repowering it, and try again.
The suggestion above works but definitely this is a bug. See below info:
Given state before hard reset:
1. Wireless - On
2. NAS - Off
Step by step:
1. Do hard reset including my wireless router.
2. After a minute, plug-in Mede8er and wireless router.
3. Plug-in USB wireless
a. If auto detected, goto step 5.
b. If not do step 4.
4. Setup secured wireless
5. Press 'Home' button and choose 'Network'
6. All devices were detected even NAS is still off... once I turned it on, no device were detected... DAMN repeat step 1.
1. Place holder for device status is not handled properly. (eg. mStatusNas, mStatusWireless, etc MUST be reset once hard reset and GUI MUST reset it too).
1. Use handler-like-state machine.
2. Somehow this device lacks in terms of test items. This is a simple bug but hard to find when design is not good.
Still I do LOVE my Mede8er
Hope this could help.