Author Topic: Problems on my MED1000X3D  (Read 470 times)

Offline Carlos E. Martinez

• B8a Tester - X3D Movie Scraper
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Problems on my MED1000X3D
« on: February 25, 2018, 02:36:36 pm »
For some time I have been having several problems in my Mede8er network setup, and only last week could identify them as caused by the MED1000X3D.

First it was the network losing my PC, where I store all the videos I stream to my TV/Projector setup. They were coming and going, so at first I thought it was cable related or modem related.

But then this week the signal played for some minutes, then disappeared, then after some seconds came back, then disappeared again.

To eliminate the cable and the computer as problem sources, I put the file on a flash drive, and plugged directly on the Mede8er. The on and off signal problem continued. Then I plugged the flash drive directly on the TV, and it played fine.

So it does seem there is some problem in the Mede8er.

Now I need to know if it's hardware or software related.

The first thing I should, I think, is a fresh firmware reboot. Should I do the emergency update procedure, then install the latest firmware?

I completely forgot how I should proceed to download the firmware and where the file is. So please excuse these basic questions.

What do you things my problems my be? Can they be solved?

Re: Problems on my MED1000X3D
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 10:11:41 am »
OK, I went on and installed first the Bootloader and then firmware V4.02.

Apparently the glitches in play are gone, which is a good thing.

But the subtitles setup I had before is gone, and now I can't choose the characters color, size, position, etc that I did have before. Was it taken away? Why?

The other thing I'm having is a "plock" sound when the video starts and when it stops. That I never had with any previous firmware.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 09:23:58 am »
Since auto refresh rate was added the X3D reconnects hdmi on play to set the rate. If this creates noise it's amp intolerance to the process. Onkyo's get most reports on codec switching noise.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 11:30:03 am »
Ok. For now I have been using two path ways to the amp, in order to decode the HDMI audio: through my Sony TV and through my Optoma projector.

The Optoma path is not showing the "plocks", but going through the Sony TV does.

Now about the subtitles: why was the firmware changed and does not allow setting them up?

Can that return to be as it was in my previous firmware?