Author Topic: Windows 10 does not see my MED500X2 on the LAN  (Read 300 times)

Offline Murtu

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Windows 10 does not see my MED500X2 on the LAN
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:47:57 am »
I use to be able to connect to my Mede8er MED500X2 on the LAN with my Windows 10 PC but as from a few weeks ago the PC does not even see it on the network.

I connect top the MED500X2 on the same LAN with a Windows 7 PC and can brows the HDD and copy and delete files on it etc.

The Windows 10 PC connects to the mapped drives on the Windows 7 PC and vice versa, the Windows 7 PC connects to the mapped drives on the Windows 10 PC, so it is not a networking/router issue. Ports on the router have been changed to prove this, and it should not be the problem because I can connect to it from my Win7 PC.

Winshare Manager V3.1 from the Win10 PC picks up the Mede8er as xxx.xxx.1.16 on USB1 on the LAN, where on the Mede8er itself the IP address is shown as xxx.xxx.1.15. Winshare Manager also reports the following error - Note: ERROR01 USB not formatted or wrongly formatted. I did not need Winshare Manager on the Win7 PC to be able to connect to the Mede8er, it was piked up on the LAN automatically when mapping drives, Win10 PC only sees the Win7 PC and not the Mede8er at all.

When I connect the Mede8er to the Win10 PC's USB3 post via the USB3 cable, the HDD is picked up and I can access it by copying, moving or deleting files.

I upgraded the Mede8er to the latest firmware V3.05 as well yesterday, but still not connecting.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to you prompt reply.
Regards
Murtu

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +191/-53

Offline pmsik

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Re: Windows 10 does not see my MED500X2 on the LAN
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:17 am »
Same here± switching off and on my router helps to see my 500x2 again.