Author Topic: ┴udio formats  (Read 332 times)

Offline Pgaspar

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
┴udio formats
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:48:48 pm »
Hi everybody, i'm thinking of buying a media player and stoped into Med8er. Above all I need something to read and play FLAC files into my audio system with absolute quality. Can you tell me if any of Med8er products can play it and (if so) who they are. Thanks in advance.

Offline AdrianH

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: ┴udio formats
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:16:41 am »
Hi everybody, i'm thinking of buying a media player and stoped into Med8er. Above all I need something to read and play FLAC files into my audio system with absolute quality. Can you tell me if any of Med8er products can play it and (if so) who they are. Thanks in advance.
Mede8er are South African company from Woodmead. I've used their devices since 2011. Media players were quite slick, worked very well.  Support was great when I experienced issues.

That said, they are no longer releasing new products nor supporting latest (2013/2014) released products. Reason is that they used Realtek chips with are no longer supported, either by Realtek or external programmers.   Also, the current players are stuck on 1080p, no 4k support and newer audio formats. In a nutshell, the advent of smart tvs and cheap android media players have made Mede8er obsolete.

Even though I would want to continue supporting Mede8er, it's not a feasible choice at this point.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:57:44 am »

The player does not have gapless playback. That is the biggest complaint of audiophiles. I just use mine in DMR mode but for most people that seems a pointless workaround. From a system view I listen to music and control it with an iPad. Why should it matter if the iPad is pushing music from the nas rather than pulling it from the player?

Offline Pgaspar

Re: ┴udio formats/ SSL handshake failed
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 03:13:27 pm »
OK. I realize that I made a bad investment.... 3 weeks ago...  :(
By the way another question. I bought a mede8er 800X3D player and when I try to access to INTERNET MEDIA (Google, Facebook and so on) or Youtube I obtain a ôSSL handshake failed Please check your SSLö error message.
When do you plan to release a new firmware to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:37:58 pm »
Never. Safari was added by Realtek out of market necessity. But the 1186 cpu was never fast enough, and safari WebKit is ages old. Pre Arm players where never mini PC's.

So you had to use embedded portals, and 2012 Portals where dropped by the 3rd Party Servers at the other end by requiring DRM and https (SSL). 

This is not the time to be buying pre Arm players unless you already have one and can live with their deficiencies.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:54:38 pm by jer1956 »

Offline Pgaspar

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 04:27:04 pm »
OK. Thanks anyway... :-[